Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 10:22 PM   #861
Racki
First Line Centre

Exp:

Man, McDavid should get a cut of every guy’s salary. He got Draisaitl eight and a half sheets and he probably will get a guy like Rattie a big raise next year.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:23 PM   #862
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Can't wait for staples stories tomorrow comparing Rattle to Kurri.
I’ve got this:

“Rattie and Kurri both were the exact same age; not at the same time, but this thing that happened to kurri, yup, just like Rattie at that age! Bob Stauffer said that Ty Rattie and Connor McDavid remind him and many oilers alumni of other similarly great oilers duos. Uncanny. Bob McKenzie tweeted from his official account that Ty Rattie was wearing an oilers jersey, just like kurri used to do. My take? While I have never actually attended an oilers game, my video and statistical analysis confirm what others have reported. Ty Rattie and Jari Kurri indeed both have worn oilers jerseys. Let me be the first to also say that, based upon my research back to 1926, that this is the only time in history that a Ty Rattie and a Jari Kurri have ever played in the same city, wearing the same jersey. I expect the oilers to get the 7x7 contract signed, and a jersey and banner in the rafters. Put another way, the last time I was this excited I hacked my own twitter account and started to like my own posts.”
Old 09-25-2018, 10:52 PM   #863
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

It really is a different game on October 3rd.

Seen this song and dance play out many times. Don't let that stop the oiler writers asinine point extrapolations and proclamations of greatness though. It just wouldn't be October without them.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:44 AM   #864
JetsFlamesFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI View Post
The question is:
Will Rattie score 60 this year? Or only 40?
Well if we go by Kypreos logic (Neal will score 40 this year if he plays on the top line) then Rattie should score at least 100 playing with McDavid.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:48 AM   #865
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
rattie hat trick tonight. Polish up the preseason art ross.
https://twitter.com/user/status/1044788195454418949
Old 09-26-2018, 09:49 AM   #866
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh my God....he genuinely thinks thats witty doesnt he?

Thats....well, thats a shame.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 09-26-2018, 10:54 AM   #867
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been hearing Rattrick going around.

With him on McDavid's line, we are likely to see about 30 Rattricks this year.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:24 AM   #868
DigitalCarpenter
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
I think it's time to start including Lundqvist in the GOAT discussion (of best looking hockey players).
I think you mean the GLOAT (Greatest Looking).
The Following User Says Thank You to DigitalCarpenter For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2018, 12:13 PM   #869
FlamesFanTrev
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfantrev View Post
ty rattie is getting 7x7 in the off season 8.5x8 in september. I cant wait.
fmp
Old 09-26-2018, 01:54 PM   #870
keratosis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
I've been hearing Rattrick going around.

With him on McDavid's line, we are likely to see about 30 Rattricks this year.

90 goals? best get him in my pool then.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:02 PM   #871
BloodFetish
First Line Centre

Exp:

You'd be a fool if you don't pick him ahead of Gaudreau. He'll have more goals than Gaudreau has points!
Old 09-26-2018, 02:04 PM   #872
Muffins
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I see 60 goals and 130 points out of him.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:51 PM   #873
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

All joking aside, I am somewhat envious of the oilers preseason player performances. One of the big questions for them was at RW, and all of Rattie, Puljujarvi, and Yamamoto have come out flying in the preseason. Does it translate to the season? Who knows, but I'd much rather have those guys coming into the season riding high on momentum built from the preseason rather than just playing thru.

I would have been ecstatic to see neal, lindholm, Bennett, Jankowski, ryan have some big preseason games under their belt.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:53 PM   #874
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG View Post
I’ve got this:

“Rattie and Kurri both were the exact same age; not at the same time, but this thing that happened to kurri, yup, just like Rattie at that age! Bob Stauffer said that Ty Rattie and Connor McDavid remind him and many oilers alumni of other similarly great oilers duos. Uncanny. Bob McKenzie tweeted from his official account that Ty Rattie was wearing an oilers jersey, just like kurri used to do. My take? While I have never actually attended an oilers game, my video and statistical analysis confirm what others have reported. Ty Rattie and Jari Kurri indeed both have worn oilers jerseys. Let me be the first to also say that, based upon my research back to 1926, that this is the only time in history that a Ty Rattie and a Jari Kurri have ever played in the same city, wearing the same jersey. I expect the oilers to get the 7x7 contract signed, and a jersey and banner in the rafters. Put another way, the last time I was this excited I hacked my own twitter account and started to like my own posts.”
This is amazing. You had me convinced.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post:
McG
Old 09-26-2018, 02:57 PM   #875
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hopefully ThisIsAnOutrage is still around.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2018, 02:57 PM   #876
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
All joking aside, I am somewhat envious of the oilers preseason player performances. One of the big questions for them was at RW, and all of Rattie, Puljujarvi, and Yamamoto have come out flying in the preseason. Does it translate to the season? Who knows, but I'd much rather have those guys coming into the season riding high on momentum built from the preseason rather than just playing thru.

I would have been ecstatic to see neal, lindholm, Bennett, Jankowski, ryan have some big preseason games under their belt.
Yes, because 1 minute into the game on Oct 3rd, all those awesome pre-season performances mean so much!

Come mid-November, when they are officially eliminated from the playoff race, their fans will be able to remind the haters of the astounding pre-season performances that their heroes delivered.

And we will all have to bow humbly.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:59 PM   #877
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post

Here is the difference that cannot be overemphasized:

· Bennett = NHL player
· Jankowski = NHL player
· Neal = NHL player
· Ryan = NHL player

· Yamamoto = not an NHL player
· Puljujarvi = NHL player?
· Rattie = not an NHL player

The status with which players enter camp is not trivial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Old 09-26-2018, 03:06 PM   #878
Aleks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Yes, because 1 minute into the game on Oct 3rd, all those awesome pre-season performances mean so much!

Come mid-November, when they are officially eliminated from the playoff race, their fans will be able to remind the haters of the astounding pre-season performances that their heroes delivered.

And we will all have to bow humbly.
Come on, the guy has a point. Its far better to see your team and players motivated and giving an effort regardless. Our threads are full of crap like so and so needs to be better, so and so looked ineffective, etc. I would rather watch the players I should be excited about tearing it up, not mailing it in because its preseason. Plus, its not like winning in preseason means you have to lose in the regular, thats just how the oilers do it. Why can't we win both
Old 09-26-2018, 03:12 PM   #879
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

All of Rattie's points so far in the preseason have come with either Anders Nilsson or Eric Comrie in goal. Telling us what we already knew, he can put up points against AHL-calibre competition.
Old 09-26-2018, 03:24 PM   #880
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
Come on, the guy has a point. Its far better to see your team and players motivated and giving an effort regardless. Our threads are full of crap like so and so needs to be better, so and so looked ineffective, etc. I would rather watch the players I should be excited about tearing it up, not mailing it in because its preseason. Plus, its not like winning in preseason means you have to lose in the regular, thats just how the oilers do it. Why can't we win both
The point here is that pre-season scoring is almost entirely completely irrelevant. We should as fans treat it with the appropriate level of response—cool, but meaningless. The wrong response is precisely that embodied by the Oilers and their fans: "pre-season" game results are treated like a barometer of regular season success—it's why the Oilers are the only NHL team to regularly and consistently keep running statistical totals and compiles standings for the preseason. It is why at present they have Ty Rattie, Kailer Yamamoto, and Connor McDavid emblazoned in bold typeface atop their list of "2018 NHL Pre-Season League Leaders." It is why they have gone to the trouble of calculating points and compiling a "2018 NHL Pre -Season Standings with teams slotted according to Division.

It's pathetic. It's consummately typical behaviour from any Oilers fan with a massive inferiority complex. It's no good, and it is unbecoming of any self-respecting fanbase in the NHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread