Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2012, 12:10 AM   #661
flamesfan6
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regorium View Post
This is probably my only complaint.

While I think some of the cinematics and reactions are really cool after performing a lightside or darkside option, there's really no consequence (good or bad) to doing things.

The only difference is the flavor text that you get in the form of mail some time after the quest (and I really enjoy the flavor text). For example, if you accept a cash bribe, you get 1000 credits in the mail from the briber saying "thanks for taking the bribe, cheers." If you refuse the bribe, you get...1000 credits in the mail from the officer saying "thanks for not taking the bribe, we got the briber!"

Another one I found recently, is you have a choice to ask someone to basically give their life for you defending a position, or to let him retreat in the face of impossible odds. In theory, defending the position should give you more time/better chances/less resistance at the cost of his life, while letting him retreat saves him, but piles on the difficulty for you. Unfortunately, neither happens - there's no effect, except the person dies. Thus, the light-side choice is clearly the "right" choice.

Not that I care what the "right" choice is =D I just play the way I want, but I'd have liked a bit more consequence in your actions, where if you don't "kill the few to save the many", sometimes the many ACTUALLY DIE.
well you also have weapons that are allowed for certain levels of dark/light

but there is the framework in place that it will make more of a difference later on too, but the problem is to make sure it's balanced otherwise doing certain paths will always be the one the user chooses to go because it has the best rewards (which could be why it in essence doesn't make much of a difference), its a tricky proposition
flamesfan6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #662
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regorium View Post

While I think some of the cinematics and reactions are really cool after performing a lightside or darkside option, there's really no consequence (good or bad) to doing things.

Which is precisely what I described before the game even dropped. It's fluff.

I'm playing WoW with lightsabres. I enjoy it right now, but me and the core group I am playing with likely won't be re-upping. There is just nothing in this game that is separating it from WoW to justify re-immersing myself in an MMO. Maybe that changes when I hit 50 but right now I don't see myself sticking with this. It's a good game, but it's not wowing me like I'd originally hoped when it was announced and it is certainly not as good as the hype it got.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #663
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Some more things that I've discovered that help.

I was getting frustrated at going into missions and getting my butt kicked in because I wasn't powerful enough.

Space missions are the ultimate way to build up your character.

Usually the two part missions will give you about 15 to 20 thousand experience points, the single between 8 and 10, especially if you get the unlisted bonus missions. IE taking out shield generators and all turrets on frgates. Destroying defense platforms. These are usually not listed as bonus objectives and you find them accidentily.

Go back and visit previous planets.

IE I was on Alderaan and I have two key missions that I can't finish. I was level 31 trying to do choke point and regicide. I got pissed off and went back to Tatooine and found two more side track bonus missions that leveled me up twice. Take your time when your on the world and click on everything. I'm now at level 35 heading back to Alderaan I should have a much easier time finishing the world.

The Galactic Marketplace is a great deal. I found amazing deals on armor for example.

I bought a chest plate to replace my 418 armor with a 540 armor for $2900.00, the boots for $1800.00 a seriously upgraded mask from my own for $1000.00 and the belt and glove for cheap.

If I would have bought the chest place alone at a market it would have cost me $15000.00, and it wasn't available yet for example.

The game has changed slightly now with a bunch of 40 level and above ###### bags going to lower level planets and jumping people at a much lower level while they're in the middle of fighting for their lives on a mission, then they sit there and wait for you to spawn so you end up going back to the medical center.

I did the Sith thing, I got buteched by a guy at level 33 when I was like level 23. He like to hang out on Nar Shadda.

I went back there on a whim and ran into him, and it was clear that he hadn't played a lot, so I beat him down and then sat there waiting for him to spawn, then when he spawned I force pushed him off of a bridge to his death.

So be on your guard there are a lot more 40 or 50 level people picking on the weak out there, and they wait until your in a fight for your life and jump you.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #664
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

This is why I was hesitant for pvp server, my old friends insisted so here I am but I just don't get the fun, if I want to pvp I can queue for it and sure you can have open PVP areas even on pve servers, but for me to be questing and getting ganked is something I just find irritating as I really really love the questing experience.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #665
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
This is why I was hesitant for pvp server, my old friends insisted so here I am but I just don't get the fun, if I want to pvp I can queue for it and sure you can have open PVP areas even on pve servers, but for me to be questing and getting ganked is something I just find irritating as I really really love the questing experience.
but when you successfully defend against your first ganker and /laugh at his corpse, you'll never go back to a PvE server
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2012, 03:08 PM   #666
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
The Galactic Marketplace is a great deal. I found amazing deals on armor for example.

I bought a chest plate to replace my 418 armor with a 540 armor for $2900.00, the boots for $1800.00 a seriously upgraded mask from my own for $1000.00 and the belt and glove for cheap.

If I would have bought the chest place alone at a market it would have cost me $15000.00, and it wasn't available yet for example.
what level are you captain, and do you play the PvP warzones much? at level 40 you can buy a full set of great armor from the PvP Armor vendors (in the combat trainers area on your space station). i just bought my final piece for my level 38 Trooper, so once i ding a couple more times i'll be fully outfitted in some pretty badass gear. the gear costs between 150-250 warzone commendations per piece, so if you're a ways away from 40 still you might want to start thinking about queuing up warzones now and again to start saving up. you also get great experience from PvP in warzones, so that's another way to level up your character if you get tired of repeating the same space battles over and over again
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #667
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
what level are you captain, and do you play the PvP warzones much? at level 40 you can buy a full set of great armor from the PvP Armor vendors (in the combat trainers area on your space station). i just bought my final piece for my level 38 Trooper, so once i ding a couple more times i'll be fully outfitted in some pretty badass gear. the gear costs between 150-250 warzone commendations per piece, so if you're a ways away from 40 still you might want to start thinking about queuing up warzones now and again to start saving up. you also get great experience from PvP in warzones, so that's another way to level up your character if you get tired of repeating the same space battles over and over again
I was going to look at the warzone stuff, I haven't yet, I guess I don't understand it well enough yet, do you go in and compete against people at a much higher class then you.

I did get revenge on one moron, he totally attacked me while I was doing a quest, and then sat there and waited for me to heal, he was about 4 levels about me, so I wend back to the medical station, went and found a galactic market place, and then went back to the same area with new armor etc, and went back to where he humped me.

I watched him and he jumped another guy, so I waited til he was done, and was weak, and got him in a force choke from behind, and then nuked him.

then I sat there and healed and he came back to life, and I killed him again, and then I waited again and he spawed after two minutes, and I killed him again.

Then he chatted me and whined about it and that he had to wait 9 minutes, and I told him that I was going to have a smoke and murder him again.

He got the hint and left.

Sometimes all you need is a really good day to beat someone stronger then you.

I normally won't attack a person though that's in another fight or just got done with one, but this guy pissed me off when he waited for me to respawn, and he was dumb enough to stay in that area and jump weaker players.

But I will cue up for the warzone stuff to see what that's like.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #668
Lithium
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
I was going to look at the warzone stuff, I haven't yet, I guess I don't understand it well enough yet, do you go in and compete against people at a much higher class then you.

I did get revenge on one moron, he totally attacked me while I was doing a quest, and then sat there and waited for me to heal, he was about 4 levels about me, so I wend back to the medical station, went and found a galactic market place, and then went back to the same area with new armor etc, and went back to where he humped me.

I watched him and he jumped another guy, so I waited til he was done, and was weak, and got him in a force choke from behind, and then nuked him.

then I sat there and healed and he came back to life, and I killed him again, and then I waited again and he spawed after two minutes, and I killed him again.

Then he chatted me and whined about it and that he had to wait 9 minutes, and I told him that I was going to have a smoke and murder him again.

He got the hint and left.

Sometimes all you need is a really good day to beat someone stronger then you.

I normally won't attack a person though that's in another fight or just got done with one, but this guy pissed me off when he waited for me to respawn, and he was dumb enough to stay in that area and jump weaker players.

But I will cue up for the warzone stuff to see what that's like.
You get a thanks because I like this story. Camping people that gank you is probably the most fun thing about MMO. 9/10 times the people that gank are really bad at their class and just play off of the higher level and better gear they have then their victims. Spineless Jedi.
Lithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #669
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
as of right now, when you enter a warzone your stats are buffed so that you're not at a huge disadvantage to higher players. but someone at level 50 with tricked out endgame gear will still murder you. tomorrow's patch will change that though, so the level 50's will get their own warzone queue and levels 1-49 will be in another. this should balance things out quite a bit

what's nice though is that you don't have to kill anyone to rack up points. if you're a healer, heal. if you're a tank, put guard on a healer/dps and taunt enemies that attack them. and focus on the objectives. that will earn you far more medals than simply trying to play deathmatch
Old 01-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #670
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
as of right now, when you enter a warzone your stats are buffed so that you're not at a huge disadvantage to higher players. but someone at level 50 with tricked out endgame gear will still murder you. tomorrow's patch will change that though, so the level 50's will get their own warzone queue and levels 1-49 will be in another. this should balance things out quite a bit

what's nice though is that you don't have to kill anyone to rack up points. if you're a healer, heal. if you're a tank, put guard on a healer/dps and taunt enemies that attack them. and focus on the objectives. that will earn you far more medals than simply trying to play deathmatch
I'll probably give it a try once the patch goes in.

I'm currently at level 34 and about 50,000 from level 35 which I should be able to nail down today in space.

I'm tempted to head back to some of the other worlds that I've visited to see if there are other bonus missions and points that I've missed.

I know if you try to do the group missions in prior worlds that you don't get the experience points, but bonus missions seem to get you points.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:40 PM   #671
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

I went into my first PVP Huttball, ended up being the top healer by a 2 to 1 margin. I´m reluctantly beginning to like healing, after never doing it all those years in WoW.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:58 AM   #672
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Damn, just realized I went past Balmorra into Nas Saadara sp?...

So here I am just stepping foot into Balmorra zone at lvl 24
Old 01-17-2012, 06:10 AM   #673
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

So, I've acquired a padawan, earned the title Sith Lord and can now have a Legacy name...and I have no idea what to use for it.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:32 AM   #674
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Damn, just realized I went past Balmorra into Nas Saadara sp?...

So here I am just stepping foot into Balmorra zone at lvl 24
Have a nice death

I got to Alderaan and went through it, but a couple of the story missions were kicking my butt, so I went back to previous planets and found all sorts of bonus missions, so between Tattooine and Nar Shadda I leveled up from 33 to 36, I'm on my Balmorra and then Kas Drummond to see if I missed anything there. If I can return to Alderaan at 37 or 38 with the proper armor I should be able to finish Alderaan.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:10 AM   #675
Regorium
First Line Centre

Exp:

I found PvP to be a lot of fun. I think I'm the only person that enjoys the fact that everyone was in one big bracket, although with so many more 50's now, I can see the neccessity of a lvl 50 bracket.

I started a couple alts and some friends got wayy ahead in leveling, and it was fun to be able to do something with them while I caught up. I think that the bolster effect is very strong and if you're above lvl 20 or so, you'll have enough abilities to be able to contribute.

As a Guardian, I would try to find a healer to Guard and just mow down people with your pocket healer.
Regorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:12 AM   #676
Igotnothing
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Patch delayed a bit.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Sta...yed-38684.html
Igotnothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:25 PM   #677
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

so i finally dinged 40 and got my PvP set equipped. it's a lot better tromping around now looking like a proper soldier and not some color blind halfwit

my companion is wearing my old set
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2012, 11:53 PM   #678
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Republic scum

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2012, 12:09 AM   #679
Regorium
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
so i finally dinged 40 and got my PvP set equipped. it's a lot better tromping around now looking like a proper soldier and not some color blind halfwit

my companion is wearing my old set
That's one of the first republic sets where I'm like "wow that looks great!" =D
Regorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:06 AM   #680
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Oooh crule fate, worked 8 days in a row, then 6 days off now. Wake up at 7am, think, hey time to play some SWTOR finally, bam servers come down for 8hrs ahahahahaha /cry