Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-07-2020, 09:51 PM   #261
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm digging season 2 of Homecoming (I also loved season 1). This has a 95% different cast, but still really good, and the hitchcock-inspired styling and cinematography continues to be great. Sam Esmail's only producing rather than directing this season, but the new director is doing a great job of keeping the style of the first season.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 11:38 PM   #262
Cliche
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1278734040552615939

Some series that is based on a video game.
Westworld creators are involved.
https://www.techradar.com/news/fallo...d-what-we-know

Last edited by Cliche; 07-08-2020 at 11:46 AM.
Cliche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 08:27 AM   #263
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

^

DeluxeMoustache is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2020, 07:06 PM   #264
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
All the seasons including the recent number 6 are strong IMO.

I have watched a whole bunch of Bosch now, and yeah, it’s excellent

It’s funny, Crate struck me as so familiar, mainly the way he spoke. Took way too long until it dawned on me where I knew him from.

I guess the fact that he blinks in Bosch threw me off.

DeluxeMoustache is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2020, 12:49 AM   #265
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladtheImpaler View Post
Come on - you are making the term "great" worthless.
Yeah I wouldn't say great either but I enjoyed it
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 09:33 PM   #266
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Anyone watching The Great?

I'm enjoying it, its sarcastically raunchy.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to #-3 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2020, 10:29 AM   #267
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

New feature added to Prime Video. You can now set up user profiles for multiple people on the same account, much like Netflix. This is a good addition.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 11:06 AM   #268
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

We have both Netflix and Prime Video. That’s one of my issues with Prime Video. Netflix starts a movie or series where you left off, which Prime Video doesn’t or doesn’t always do. The search is not as good.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 01:08 PM   #269
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
We have both Netflix and Prime Video. That’s one of my issues with Prime Video. Netflix starts a movie or series where you left off, which Prime Video doesn’t or doesn’t always do. The search is not as good.
The Prime Video app is bad. I'm always amused when I open a series, and the first option is "play episode 4 again". Not play the next episode. Play the one you just watched. I have no idea how designs and tests these things, but it always amazes me the ridiculous UI decisions these massive companies make.

Crave has it's own issues, thoguh they have improved. Even Netflix, if you turn off autoplay, when it gets to the end of the episode, it says "press play to continue to the next episode". Except there is no play button. You have to hit pause, which turns it into a play button, then you hit that.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 07:20 PM   #270
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post
Anyone watching The Great?

I'm enjoying it, its sarcastically raunchy.
Me and my wife were on the fence at first but man that was a great show pretty excited for the second season also rewatching the boys for the third time because season 2 is coming out in september
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 08:43 PM   #271
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
The Prime Video app is bad. I'm always amused when I open a series, and the first option is "play episode 4 again". Not play the next episode. Play the one you just watched. I have no idea how designs and tests these things, but it always amazes me the ridiculous UI decisions these massive companies make.

It used to be that way, at least on the Firestick. Now, when I click the home screen and go to the show I was watching, it goes to the last episode I completed, even if I've already started the next one.

But if I go into the actual Prime app and not the homescreen, I can pick up where I left off.
Ped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 08:51 PM   #272
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post

Crave has it's own issues, thoguh they have improved. Even Netflix, if you turn off autoplay, when it gets to the end of the episode, it says "press play to continue to the next episode". Except there is no play button. You have to hit pause, which turns it into a play button, then you hit that.
I think it depends on what you are using to stream it. I find the Prime App works differently on Xbox compared to say Apple TV. At least with Prime you get 4K HDR with some movies/shows compared to Crave's 1080p.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 05:49 PM   #273
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have a LG C9 and Prime streaming look much better than Netflix streaming. The Boys and Bosch look outstanding on it. I'm pretty sure it's the HDR that makes the difference. I have Netflix Ultra HD package and put the settings to the highest bandwidth settings but I haven't seen a show on Netflix look as good as the shows on Prime. Netflix doesn't look bad but just doesn't blow me away like Prime does. Anyone else experienced that?

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 06:01 PM   #274
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Same with me. Been watching Bosch a lot lately and it's arguably the best looking TV show I've seen to date. I find myself at times just staring at the LA scenery in some scenes.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 06:36 PM   #275
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
I have a LG C9 and Prime streaming look much better than Netflix streaming. The Boys and Bosch look outstanding on it. I'm pretty sure it's the HDR that makes the difference. I have Netflix Ultra HD package and put the settings to the highest bandwidth settings but I haven't seen a show on Netflix look as good as the shows on Prime. Netflix doesn't look bad but just doesn't blow me away like Prime does. Anyone else experienced that?
Yup, Prime looks best to me too.
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 06:41 PM   #276
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

In Netflix you can press CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-D and it'll bring up a bunch of stats, including bitrate and resolution, might be worth seeing if something looks unusual there, I know half the stuff on Netflix would drop in resolution for me until I figured out why (my 2nd monitor wasn't HDCP).
Old 07-24-2020, 06:59 PM   #277
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been saying for (years? awhile anyway) that Prime HDR is far superior to Netflix's Dolby Vision.

Far less aliasing, gradients and deeper color palettes.

EDIT: Ah yeah, from 2017 in the last Prime thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Been a member for 5 years. Streaming services 4K HDR is better than netflix in quality. The music is lacking in newer music but has a very solid classic catalogue. Shipping service is top tier.

I think people are forgetting that Prime is only 7 bucks a month. You get a lot for a pretty damn low cost.
Netflix still hasn't caught up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.

Last edited by PsYcNeT; 07-24-2020 at 07:02 PM.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2020, 10:51 AM   #278
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finished Upload last night, and there was a lot I liked in it overall, and there's a lot of bittersweetness throughout the series, but the finale was just such a downer compared to all the other episodes, and kinda missed the mark for me. Still, it was one of the better comedies that I've watched in a while, and I'm looking forward to next season.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 11:03 AM   #279
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just finished watching Little Fires Everywhere with Reese Witherspoon and Kerry Washington. I wasn't sure I'd like this one and it took a couple of episodes before I started liking it but it ended up very much in my good books. Both my wife and I really liked it.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2020, 09:44 PM   #280
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

Prime has The Commish, The Michael Chiklis cop show from before the Shield. He plays a Police Commissioner in Eastbridge, New York. Some comedic moments but also some extremely well done plot lines, involving very serious subjects. Excellent show.
Ped is offline   Reply With Quote