Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2020, 12:08 AM   #181
calgarywinning
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yeah, this is a problem this year with their "auto-renew" and no solid plans or known outcome of this season up in the year.

It is a big part of being a season ticket holder is the option to renew or not to renew. It's a choice but the way Bean's email today was worded that we STH have opted to renew and now it's just a matter of when they pay.
calgarywinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 08:27 AM   #182
zarrell
First Line Centre

Exp:

Realistically I can't see them starting payments until a definitive plan is in place to resume sports with fans in attendance. It seems like they are just taking this one month at a time which I am alright with. They know about as much as we do at this point. They would see a large negative response if they were to start payments at this time.

zarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 10:32 AM   #183
Sec218
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

My Rep indicated to me that the payment schedule will now be 10 payments instead of 12. Their plan is to have the final payment be in February 2021, no matter when the first one is eventually taken.
Sec218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 01:07 PM   #184
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also there is an option to contact them and keep with the 12 payments to reduce the amount. IMO, at the end of the day when things are sorted, money paid this season for games not played will go towards either playoff or next seasons. Once that is sorted it will reduce the amount paid in the 10 or 12 payments.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Robbob For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2020, 08:50 PM   #185
Flames2007FIRE IT UP
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Not sure if this would be better done as a poll but I am very seriously considering giving up my tickets and was wondering who else is.

I work in healthcare so not directly in oil and gas but the economy in Alberta was not great when Western Canadian Select was $35 - $50 for the last few years, now it is $4-$10 - seems like an easy place to cut costs.

As discussed large crowds are a bad idea for the foreseeable future.

Selling games I can not make is not as easy - the above 2 will make it harder maybe considerably harder.

The flip side of the above - not hard to buy 5-10 games a year including premium games at close to STH cost and non premium games well below that price especially if the seats are 'premium' seats.

Pretty surprising to see the local and world economy crash and Flames ticket prices increase. They are a nice 'want' but I don't think anyone would classify them as a 'need' but they increase prices - makes zero sense.

Everyone is in a unique financial and personal health situation but I am on the fence to renew and right now I would say it is better than 50% I give up my seats - curious what other people are thinking.
Flames2007FIRE IT UP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flames2007FIRE IT UP For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2020, 11:09 PM   #186
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames2007FIRE IT UP View Post
Not sure if this would be better done as a poll but I am very seriously considering giving up my tickets and was wondering who else is.

I work in healthcare so not directly in oil and gas but the economy in Alberta was not great when Western Canadian Select was $35 - $50 for the last few years, now it is $4-$10 - seems like an easy place to cut costs.

Selling games I can not make is not as easy - the above 2 will make it harder maybe considerably harder.

The flip side of the above - not hard to buy 5-10 games a year including premium games at close to STH cost and non premium games well below that price especially if the seats are 'premium' seats.

Pretty surprising to see the local and world economy crash and Flames ticket prices increase. They are a nice 'want' but I don't think anyone would classify them as a 'need' but they increase prices - makes zero sense.

Everyone is in a unique financial and personal health situation but I am on the fence to renew and right now I would say it is better than 50% I give up my seats - curious what other people are thinking.
Very much my train of thought as well.

...with the added complication being that I got let go earlier this month. I'll be getting in touch with my rep this coming week and going through it, but yeah - seems like a pretty simple decision in my position.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2020, 10:25 AM   #187
3thirty
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames2007FIRE IT UP View Post

I'm in the same boat. Frustrating when you can't even sell for STH cost for half the games and can just buy a pair on CP for less than you paid in better seats.

The "perks" of being a STH aren't justifying the cost at this point.

Maybe if I was gong to playoff games right now it would be a different story, but even still it wasn't terribly hard last year to get extra playoff tickets.
3thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3thirty For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2020, 11:02 AM   #188
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not a STH and I usually only get out to 4 or 6 games per year. Lately I've considering that going forward I will only go to one game here in Calgary and try to make two or three road games during the season instead. I can travel for cheap and the game experience at most rinks is far better than Calgary. Maybe do a game in Anaheim, a game in Vegas or Denver and a game down in Dallas or something. Obviously the total cost of going to three out of town games is going to exceed 6 games in Calgary but if I can roll that cost into a mini vacation would make it reasonable.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 11:05 AM   #189
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm not sure. I feel as though this will be a great opportunity to get amazing seats within the price point. Sure I'll take losses on the seats for 3-4 years, but at the end of the downturn, I'm hoping to have great seats. Seniority rises as others drop off.

But if you wanted to stick it to flames leadership, now would be the time. They can't even threaten to move since they're locked in for decades to come.
GullFoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GullFoss For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2020, 04:04 PM   #190
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarrell View Post
Be nice if they let us know what they're doing with the money we've given them for this season's unplayed games. Rather than tell us they are delaying payments for a seemingly precarious upcoming season.
I'm sure right now it comes to logistics. Currently, they are saying the games are postponed, not cancelled. Do I think they will play all of the remaining regular season games- I doubt it. However those games are still showing as postponed.

Then what happens to games that I have sold on NHL ticket exchange? That's going to be some effort to sort all of that out as well. Probably easier to sort that out once they know for sure what is happening with the season.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 09:42 AM   #191
pepper24
Franchise Player

Exp:

Last update they were extending payments for next season to May 15. Has anyone gotten any updates on another extension?
pepper24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 12:31 PM   #192
3thirty
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Flames just said on a call that they won't take any payments until next seasons schedule is announced.

And will give options if you don't want a refund for this year; 5% C of Red gift card top up or some other options if you keep your money from the last 8 games with the flames for next season.

Prices will go back to 19/20 season as well.

Email should be out later today.

Last edited by 3thirty; 05-14-2020 at 01:41 PM.
3thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 3thirty For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2020, 01:20 PM   #193
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3thirty View Post
Flames just said on a call that they won't take any payments until next seasons schedule is announced.

And will give options if you don't want a refund for this year, 5% C of Red gift card top up or some other options if you keep it with the flames for nest season.

Whats this 5% C of Red gift card mean?
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 01:24 PM   #194
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_12 View Post
Whats this 5% C of Red gift card mean?
If you are owed $1000 then they would give you a $50 gift card if you keep your cash with them? Just a guess as it wasn't clear to me either.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:48 PM   #195
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhettzky View Post
If you are owed $1000 then they would give you a $50 gift card if you keep your cash with them? Just a guess as it wasn't clear to me either.
Ahh i took it as like a 5% card for next year at concessions and fanatics and stuff but yours makes more sense haha

Either way, hardly worth it to let them hold your money till god knows how long
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 01:54 PM   #196
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3thirty View Post

And will give options if you don't want a refund for this year; 5% C of Red gift card top up or some other options if you keep your money from the last 8 games with the flames for next season.

5% of the amount in the form of Cofred gift card or 3% extra credit in cash on the amount is what John Bean mentioned. Not sure how the 3% works out. Maybe the amount will be worth 103% of itself.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 05:33 PM   #197
GoFlamesGo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Flames just sent out the following email:

RE: Pause for All Season Ticket Payments, 2020-21 Price Adjustment, and 2019-20 8 Game Credit.

Thank you for continuing to be a Season Ticket Member and we hope that you, your family, and your friends remain safe and healthy. We know that these are difficult times for us all. There remains uncertainty with respect to the 2019-20 and 2020-21 seasons.

Today we are announcing the following:

• Season Ticket payments will be paused until the 2020-21 Regular Season schedule is announced (unless you have requested to continue payments).

• Your 2020-21 Season Ticket pricing will be adjusted to reflect the same price as the 2019-20 season.

• Credit from the remaining 8 games - choose one of the following three options:
1. Apply your credit to the 2020-21 season and receive a Saddledome food and beverage gift card worth 5% of the value of your credit.

2. Apply your credit to the 2020-21 season and receive interest on the value of your credit at 3% per annum, calculated from April 1, 2020 until the date the 2020-21 regular season schedule is announced.

3. A refund of your credit and maintain your membership for the 2020-21 season.
GoFlamesGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 07:02 PM   #198
RM14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Reversal of the price increase is a nice surprise. Perhaps a change to the thread title?
RM14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RM14 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2020, 07:24 PM   #199
theslymonkey
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by agulati View Post
5% of the amount in the form of Cofred gift card or 3% extra credit in cash on the amount is what John Bean mentioned. Not sure how the 3% works out. Maybe the amount will be worth 103% of itself.
According to the email the best fiscal option is clearly the 5% gift card. It's a full instant 5% on your balance as opposed to the 3% per annum which would probably work out to less than 1% of your balance once the 20-21 season is announced.

The only reason you should choose the 3% or refund is if you don't see yourself using the money next year or you need some cash back now.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
theslymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:16 AM   #200
Iggy Snipe
Powerplay Quarterback

Location: Pengrowth Saddledome, Section 222, Row 23, Seat 14/15
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlamesGo View Post
Flames just sent out the following email:

RE: Pause for All Season Ticket Payments, 2020-21 Price Adjustment, and 2019-20 8 Game Credit.

Thank you for continuing to be a Season Ticket Member and we hope that you, your family, and your friends remain safe and healthy. We know that these are difficult times for us all. There remains uncertainty with respect to the 2019-20 and 2020-21 seasons.

Today we are announcing the following:

• Season Ticket payments will be paused until the 2020-21 Regular Season schedule is announced (unless you have requested to continue payments).

• Your 2020-21 Season Ticket pricing will be adjusted to reflect the same price as the 2019-20 season.

• Credit from the remaining 8 games - choose one of the following three options:
1. Apply your credit to the 2020-21 season and receive a Saddledome food and beverage gift card worth 5% of the value of your credit.

2. Apply your credit to the 2020-21 season and receive interest on the value of your credit at 3% per annum, calculated from April 1, 2020 until the date the 2020-21 regular season schedule is announced.

3. A refund of your credit and maintain your membership for the 2020-21 season.
I received this email as well. Pleasantly surprised about the reversal of the price increase. Glad to see it.
Iggy Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote