Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-18-2019, 08:16 AM   #1161
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
That last one was pretty good. Never cared much for tribble story lines, but that was really well done.
Other than the DS9 episode right? That's in the top 10 Trek episodes ever.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:27 AM   #1162
Tabaracci_31
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I think it’s a pretty fun time to be a Trek fan. Lots of cool stuff happening and a few different series to be excited about. I really enjoyed Season 2 of Discovery. Pike was my favourite part of the season, not to mention “Number One”. I’d hope we eventually get a Pike series. Mount was fantastic. After seeing the trailer for Season 3, I’m intrigued about where they’ll take this.

I could definitely do without the Section 31 series. I’m most excited for “Lower Decks”. I think it’s a hilarious concept and I hope they do it justice. Nonetheless, I’m grateful to have so many Trek things active and in the works!!!
Tabaracci_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tabaracci_31 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 10:44 AM   #1163
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabaracci_31 View Post
I think it’s a pretty fun time to be a Trek fan. Lots of cool stuff happening and a few different series to be excited about. I really enjoyed Season 2 of Discovery. Pike was my favourite part of the season, not to mention “Number One”. I’d hope we eventually get a Pike series. Mount was fantastic. After seeing the trailer for Season 3, I’m intrigued about where they’ll take this.

I could definitely do without the Section 31 series. I’m most excited for “Lower Decks”. I think it’s a hilarious concept and I hope they do it justice. Nonetheless, I’m grateful to have so many Trek things active and in the works!!!
Me too actually. I hope they do it justice but it also gives them the opportunity to inject a bit of levity and humour into the Star Trek Universe, although I'll call it right now one of those lower-deck officers is eventually going to wind up in a Command.

Sometimes following the Command Crew and Captain around isnt the most interesting part of the story.

I hope one of the lower-deck guys is the Transporter Operator.

"This is brutal..."

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 11:18 AM   #1164
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Me too actually. I hope they do it justice but it also gives them the opportunity to inject a bit of levity and humour into the Star Trek Universe, although I'll call it right now one of those lower-deck officers is eventually going to wind up in a Command.

Sometimes following the Command Crew and Captain around isnt the most interesting part of the story.

I hope one of the lower-deck guys is the Transporter Operator.

"This is brutal..."

You know there were always questions in Star Trek about the fact that pretty much the whole crew of the Enterprise in TNG were officers and there were maybe two non commissioned officers on the whole ship.

And also when people were grabbing food out of replicators or sending their laundry down the chutes if it was a big con and there were people in the lower decks actually cooking and cleaning.

Sure the Federation promotes the idea of equality and everyone doing the jobs that they want to see, but that was just propaganda to destabilize the Klingons, I'm betting there were a whole bunch of people down below tired of being bossed around by 1000 officers and cleaning up their errr poop.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 02:16 PM   #1165
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

A little reality never hurt anyone. Like when Picard calls for Warp Speed they cut to a room full of children pedaling bikes to charge the Warp core.

"Oh? Did we not mention the ethos of the Federation was founded upon child slavery? Whoops....our bad..."

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 02:39 PM   #1166
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

One of the very, very, very few times we see whatever the hell this guy is (he's mopping the floor in STII)

Old 10-18-2019, 05:42 PM   #1167
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

What about those guys poking the windows with sticks in Star Trek IV?

Or the guy responsible for washing the Klingon blood off all of the Gravity Boots? He goes on Vacation for one weekend and the Universe almost blows itself apart!

Old 10-18-2019, 05:50 PM   #1168
keratosis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
What about those guys poking the windows with sticks in Star Trek IV?

Or the guy responsible for washing the Klingon blood off all of the Gravity Boots? He goes on Vacation for one weekend and the Universe almost blows itself apart!
Yup. You never miss the garbageman till it starts to stink.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
keratosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 08:35 AM   #1169
Tabaracci_31
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
One of the very, very, very few times we see whatever the hell this guy is (he's mopping the floor in STII)

For all we know, it’s probably Q...just biding his time to make his presence felt. 😉
Tabaracci_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 08:40 AM   #1170
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

There's a couple of books called the Nitpicker's Guide to Star Trek and in the Next Generation one, there's an episode where someone calls for Life Support Control, which the author explained was probably a guy staring at two buttons; one says "Ok" and the other says "Uh-oh."
Ped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 09:50 AM   #1171
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabaracci_31 View Post

It really is -- we're going in to a second golden age of Trek here. There could be three different shows run in 2020, if Lower Decks makes a mid-to-late 2020 debut as expected. It's the most active the franchise has been since the mid-90's for sure, and I was just a little kid back then and not really in to it.

There's also continued chatter about the movie universe continuing, either through another Kelvin-verse movie or the Tarantino one (or both?). I wouldn't be surprised to see the next Trek movie project officially announced some time in 2020, after Picard S1 and Discovery S3 have wrapped up. CSB and Viacom are back together now, so the film and TV sides of the franchise can play nice again.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 05:52 PM   #1172
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 09-08-2020, 10:40 PM   #1173
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Oh god that has a lot of cringeworthy parts for a trailer.

Old 09-08-2020, 10:47 PM   #1174
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

God that looks terrible. I'll watch because its Star Trek, but you know it'll be lousy (and hopefully the last season).
Thunderball is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thunderball For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2020, 10:55 PM   #1175
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Its the story of a lovable, plucky band of misfits trying to save the Federation!

Except you like none of them, they cant, they're the ones who probably caused all of this turmoil in the first place and the best thing for everyone is to just stop these people once and for all.

And I mean the cast, the showrunners...it is shocking to me what kind of quality Star Trek can churn out with practically limitless resources. TNG couldnt even afford Craft Services for years FFS!

This is what they've got? Seriously?

Old 09-08-2020, 10:58 PM   #1176
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

I agree with the rest of you guys. A whole lotta cringe in that trailer.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 12:18 AM   #1177
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Watching Green doing her happy face and weird noises, just reminds me that the lead character in this show, who gets all of the good lines, and solves every problem in the universe is just a horrible actress. She's the worst part of the show.

Old 09-09-2020, 01:48 AM   #1178
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Stop already before this show is defiled beyond redemption.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 06:24 AM   #1179
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

And here I thought I had gotten off easy this year with shows to hate-watch. But no, this is on the list. And I just checked, FTWD is coming back at the start of October, too. It's gonna be a rough fall.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 08:35 AM   #1180
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Oh, I'll still give it a chance and watch it.

I mean last year the show started pretty well, but eventually became a wet hot mess of poor writing and over exposure of Michael in the end. But adding Pike was a season saver.

But that trailer just doesn't give me hope. Who knew that there was a possibility that a quirky cartoon spoof of Star Trek could be better then the flag ship show.