Scoring Winger

Exp:

Hawkwood
Yellefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 08:44 AM   #83
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good guesses guys, and all wrong LOL! I lived in Varsity and although Dalhousie and Brentwood are both close, Brentwood is closest to where i lived.
Bonded wins!
PM me your email address and Ill send it over to you.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 04:16 PM   #84
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Hmmm... I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you used to live in Varsity. I don't what's making me guess this, but it's 100% just a hunch that I'm going with. Totally of my own accord.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FanIn80 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2019, 04:06 PM   #85
TopChed
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I've got a couple invites, and can send them to the first 2 people to PM with their email address.

Edit: Out of invites for now.

Last edited by TopChed; 08-28-2019 at 02:23 PM.
TopChed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:04 PM   #86
MrCallahan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I have two invites available as well, shoot me a PM if you're interested.

EDIT: GONE!

Last edited by MrCallahan; 09-03-2019 at 11:13 AM.
MrCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 11:29 AM   #87
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Hey guys, I use uTorrent and no matter what I do (even though I upload for days and days) my ratio sucks. I mean, I have not downloaded anything in weeks and left my computer uploading nonstop and still my ratio is .18

How do I fix this. Anyone experience this? I talked to the mods, but their suggestions didnt help...

And the weird thing is, I have a tonne of bonus credits, from all the uploading I do. But my ratio doesn't change!

Or, and bear with me, am I an idiot and this is how you are supposed to balance your ratio?

Last edited by Wastedyouth; 09-11-2019 at 11:46 AM.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 11:52 AM   #88
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
Hey guys, I use uTorrent and no matter what I do (even though I upload for days and days) my ratio sucks. I mean, I have not downloaded anything in weeks and left my computer uploading nonstop and still my ratio is .18

How do I fix this. Anyone experience this? I talked to the mods, but their suggestions didnt help...

And the weird thing is, I have a tonne of bonus credits, from all the uploading I do. But my ratio doesn't change!

Or, and bear with me, am I an idiot and this is how you are supposed to balance your ratio?
Unless you are one of the first seeders and/or have a seedbox your ratio will be hard to keep up. Also home internet upload speed is terrible and many are throttled. Download Free leech files and upload those they give you credit for uploading without penalizing you with the download.

I'm using https://ultraseedbox.com right now but I'm sure there are better/cheaper ones out there.

Last edited by Raekwon; 09-11-2019 at 11:59 AM.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 01:49 PM   #89
burnin_vernon
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

I happened upon a newly posted freeleech that i guessed would be popular so I downloaded it to try and get some uploaded credit. Being one of the first seeds, I was able to upload about 70% back so i earned a few GB of credit.

Otherwise, you're competing against seedboxes who will always have an upload advantage over you.

You get bonus credits simply for making your torrents available to share.
burnin_vernon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to burnin_vernon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2019, 10:31 PM   #90
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

What I did was to jump on a ton of free torrents with a ton of leechers and slowly accumulate upload that way. You can get bonus points for up to 15 torrents. I downloaded a few free leech things that I don't even intend to listen to or watch. I just wanted more upload credit than download stats. (ie: Top gear collection, GOT Season 1-7... etc.)

Bonus points wise, you have to cash them out for upload credit. They don't automatically apply as upload credit. I think this is the only way to survive in general unless you really luck out in seeding something.

I think I've been slowly seeding things for about a month now and I probably downloaded nearly 400GB of freeleech data from Torrentday within 48 hours. I am only at around 42GB uploaded over the month.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 02:24 PM   #91
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I'd stop using uTorrent for one, its been known to have nefarious built in software/backdoors (maybe fixed now, im not sure).

Get qbTorrent or another tracker and see what happens.

Go to the front page and download the hottest thing on there and just let it upload.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 04:23 PM   #92
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
I'd stop using uTorrent for one, its been known to have nefarious built in software/backdoors (maybe fixed now, im not sure).

Get qbTorrent or another tracker and see what happens.

Go to the front page and download the hottest thing on there and just let it upload.
I tried a few programs but migrated to transmission when fleeing with uTorrent. I love how light weight it is as a client. Vuze got way too damn bloated as well.

qbtorrent looks interesting though. It looks like an older version of uTorrent. I might consider trying it out if I ever need to install on a different machine.

Downloading the hottest thing doesn't necessarily work if you can't get a minimum ratio of 1 though. That's why I went with all the Freeleech large batch files that people will eventually download and whatever I upload is pure upload ratio.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:18 PM   #93
The Last Jedi
Lifetime Suspension

What are you able to find on this TorrentDay that you can't find in other places??
The Last Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:28 PM   #94
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Jedi View Post
What are you able to find on this TorrentDay that you can't find in other places??
Aside from internal encodes it's the same stuff as most other places.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 08:05 PM   #95
The Last Jedi
Lifetime Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
Aside from internal encodes it's the same stuff as most other places.
Sorry, I am not versed in what that refers to.
The Last Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 02:29 PM   #96
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Much harder for the movie companies to track you.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 01:00 PM   #97
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Have another invite for first reply...PM me your email if first.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:05 PM   #98
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sold!
Old 10-16-2019, 12:44 PM   #99
fleuryisgod
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I have 3 invites to send out. PM if you want them, I'll updates when I'm out.

All have been spoken for.

Last edited by fleuryisgod; 10-16-2019 at 02:26 PM.
fleuryisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 06:26 PM   #100
MrCallahan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:

Main thing to do is to pick up as many Free Leech torrents as you can, filter the search for them, and grab the latest ones if possible.

While you may not hit a high ratio with the FreeLeech torrents, you're at least building Bonus Credits, which you then trade for upload credits.
MrCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote