Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2020, 05:04 PM   #5261
IGGYRULES
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolcalgary View Post
"They say" that injecting bleach can cure covid...
I believe it's more effective to inject the light. 1 UV wand up his arse and one down his throat. Both ends are covered that way.
Old 10-02-2020, 05:05 PM   #5262
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post

Tactical error. If the hospital gown was on the other guy, the Republicans would bury him in his sick bed. Never take your foot off the gas pedal in the straight with the finish line ahead. It won't be popular, but that's what Americans expect.
And this is why the Democrats lose what should be easy battles. They aren't cutthroat enough to wield that final dagger strike.
Old 10-02-2020, 05:06 PM   #5263
IGGYRULES
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
Here's the video of Trump leaving the WH for those interested.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1312157209413836800
Snowflake. Why is he wearing a mask.
The Following User Says Thank You to IGGYRULES For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2020, 05:11 PM   #5264
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa_Flames_Fan View Post
Biden is pulling all negative ads and has made a statement that this “cannot be a partisan moment.”

He is right. Time will tell if he pays a price for being the nice guy here....

It was a nice thought, Joe.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1312166498165612546

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
Old 10-02-2020, 05:12 PM   #5265
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
And this is why the Democrats lose what should be easy battles. They aren't cutthroat enough to wield that final dagger strike.
One of the reasons Biden is polling well and getting support is because he is a decent human. Actually it’s the biggest reason. Putting a hold on things until they know where stuff is going isn’t a bad idea. He doesn’t need to stop campaigning. He doesn’t need to stop running other ads. He isn’t going to lose because of a 24-48 hour pause in negative ads about Trump.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ernie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2020, 05:16 PM   #5266
Swift
Not Taylor

Exp:

Besides I think it's different if the ill person is the sitting President. It would look awful for an opponent to attack the leader of the country in that way.
The Following User Says Thank You to Swift For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2020, 05:23 PM   #5267
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

The drug he was given I think is in phase 3 trials. It’s shown good results in reducing viral loads in symptomatic people thus far.
Old 10-02-2020, 05:24 PM   #5268
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Double post
Old 10-02-2020, 05:24 PM   #5269
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like part of his "I discovered the miracle cure" plan
Old 10-02-2020, 05:25 PM   #5270
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa_Flames_Fan View Post
Biden is pulling all negative ads and has made a statement that this “cannot be a partisan moment.”

He is right. Time will tell if he pays a price for being the nice guy here....
I'm not sure if he's being a nice guy or just figures that attacking at this moment will backfire, or hurt him more than it hurts Trump. I don't know if I agree or not, honestly. Against any other candidate he'd obviously be right, it'd be downright ghoulish to take shots at someone in this situation, but it's Trump. He's an #######. And, of course, he created this situation for himself, which is totally fair to point out.

It may however be the case that positive ads actually help Biden more right now. Trump's debate performance alone has depressed whatever favourables he might have had, and because of his behaviour Biden didn't get much of a chance to lay out his policy views, so ads that do that might actually be the right way to go at this point.

Tough call though.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 10-02-2020, 05:26 PM   #5271
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trump though it was funny when Romney tested positive
Old 10-02-2020, 05:27 PM   #5272
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just can't get over what a surreal year this has been. When I saw this news late last night, I had just woken up from a brief nap on the couch. I literally thought it was a dream. It seems too bizarre to be real, but here we are. Now Trump is going to hospital and there's a very real possibility he could die. It's not outside the realm of possibilities. Bonkers.

Historians writing about 2020 are going to be able to publish book after book. At least this will stimulate the economics of the academic world going forward.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2020, 05:35 PM   #5273
flylock shox
1 millionth post winnar!

Exp:

Man, if I was part of the Biden campaign I'd be making sure to saturate the airwaves with ads showing Trump downplaying the virus and then ending with a get well soon message.

This is the time to hammer Trump's negligence home.
Old 10-02-2020, 05:37 PM   #5274
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Huh.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1312126256817692672
Old 10-02-2020, 05:39 PM   #5275
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1312173056945655808

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
Old 10-02-2020, 05:45 PM   #5276
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Purely for tactical reasons, I think pulling negative ads is the right thing. All the focus is going to be on Trump's health for the next week anyway, so ads attacking Trump's financial records, or lack of dog ownership, won't be particularly strong right now, and attacking Trump on the coronavirus could seem mean-spirited. But a message of unity at odds with Trump, would be a way for Biden to cut through the noise and make sure that he isn't drowned out for the next week.

Besides, it's not like other advertisers, like the Lincoln Project, need to do the same.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to octothorp For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2020, 05:45 PM   #5277
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

When they go low...we go high.

I wonder if that is going to help or hurt the campaign.

People in this thread seem gleeful about the president being sick and may also be in danger of dying. I simply don't function that way, no matter how awful a human being Trump is; and let's be clear, he's a monster. But I've always felt that the mark of a man is how he responds in the face of evil. If he responds with evil in kind, he's always been evil at heart and has only been waiting for the right moment to let it out. No matter how you view him, it's deeply concerning that the President of the United States may die from this virus. That should be sobering for anyone.

I'm comforted by Biden's actions to be a human being in this moment. I'm extremely discouraged by the GOP's response and it only confirms that they are indeed a soulless party at this point and must go away forever.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2020, 05:50 PM   #5278
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone want to give me odds on Trump having a stake in Regeneron, the company whose experimental antibody treatment he just took? Seems something so Trump. Announce you have COVID, then claim you have taken an experimental drug that miraculously cures you. The problem being you don’t have COVID, never took the treatment, and only make claims to boost its company’s stock position so you can make a ridiculous profit on a product that does nothing in the end.
Old 10-02-2020, 05:55 PM   #5279
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
So like every major company has been doing since March? Word is our company will be doing until they can vaccinate all of us.

If only people in this country could have taken the corporate precautions home with them this could have been dealt with. Instead you had to have the “don’t take my freedom from me” idiots.
Old 10-02-2020, 06:06 PM   #5280
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's some "It's fine" body language.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1312153041651396609
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread