Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-28-2019, 10:49 AM   #1181
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

I wonder if I can get back into monster hunter with the ice world expansion on the way. Put in at least 100 hours grinding for armour and weapons before but once I had all the best stuff the urge to play fell off a cliff. Started to do stuff like play with the bow, try pointless items, generally dick around. That’s everything though I guess, endgames are rarely something that keep me coming back for more.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 12:29 PM   #1182
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
I wonder if I can get back into monster hunter with the ice world expansion on the way. Put in at least 100 hours grinding for armour and weapons before but once I had all the best stuff the urge to play fell off a cliff. Started to do stuff like play with the bow, try pointless items, generally dick around. That’s everything though I guess, endgames are rarely something that keep me coming back for more.
That sounds pretty normal though. If you've achieved almost everything you can, what's left to keep you coming back?

On a related note, the most recent season of Diablo 3 got me back into things as it's been about a year since I last played. They've definitely got the loot treadmill down to a science, and it's been really fun going for the best gear and optimizing those pieces of gear. That being said, I don't see myself playing for more than a month or so before giving it another long break. Good in bursts, but not for longer than that I think.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 05:46 PM   #1183
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Oh cool, nice!

Yeah Monster Hunter was just... intimidating.

I get it's meant to be teams, but how solo accessible is it?
Honestly I haven't tried solo at all, but it seems like it would be alright? You can just load in to the game without matchmaking. As far as I understand they buff the enemy with 30% more health for every person playing, so it should take roughly the same amount of time by yourself as with a team. I'm not sure if they give you more revive items or not though.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 07:29 PM   #1184
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I might give it a try, though I've been replaying Borderlands 2
Old 05-29-2019, 10:50 AM   #1185
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Death Stranding comes exclusively to PS4 November 8th, and looks really cool and insane. Can't wait for this one -- it looks so unique and interesting like an indie game, but with mega budget production values behind it. Kojima unchained indeed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2019, 01:29 PM   #1186
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

What the hell did I just watch?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:41 PM   #1187
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Kojima unchained indeed.
Haha yup. Look out folks, ####s gonna get weird
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:45 PM   #1188
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Death Stranding comes exclusively to PS4 November 8th, and looks really cool and insane. Can't wait for this one -- it looks so unique and interesting like an indie game, but with mega budget production values behind it. Kojima unchained indeed.
Been PC/Switch all this console gen, but that's gonna be the system seller for me. Kojima is a crazy genius.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 09:55 PM   #1189
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I am a super casual gamer, but for this, I pre-ordered this June 2017.

I am so damn excited!
DoubleF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 07:27 AM   #1190
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
Been PC/Switch all this console gen, but that's gonna be the system seller for me. Kojima is a crazy genius.
Its supposed to come out on PC at some point as well. I think it's similar to the Nier situation when that was originally a PS4 exclusive
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 07:32 AM   #1191
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Holy crap that looks weird. What's with the babies? I can't wait to play this
Old 05-30-2019, 08:33 AM   #1192
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood View Post
Its supposed to come out on PC at some point as well. I think it's similar to the Nier situation when that was originally a PS4 exclusive
It is funded/published by Sony themselves though -- they don't own Kojima Productions but for all intents and purposes it's a first party PS4 game. While it's not completely unprecedented for a Sony published release to come to PC eventually (Detroit: Become Human just did recently), this is a big time release and a system seller. I wouldn't bank on it ever coming to PC if you really want to play it.
Old 05-30-2019, 08:40 AM   #1193
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

^ Woulda said the same about Octopath Traveler, which was published by Nintendo.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 09:08 AM   #1194
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
^ Woulda said the same about Octopath Traveler, which was published by Nintendo.
I still have this game sitting in plastic and it makes me sad. I'm not the type of player that can stop a game and pickup where I left off even a week later so I have been waiting for a time when I can play through it.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 09:56 AM   #1195
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

This is awesome news

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/05/...oto_lrn_5.30.1

Xbox Game Pass on PC with full Steam support and over 100 titles when it launches. Microsoft has really gone big with their support of PC gaming, if you've got a good gaming rig you basically already have the next-gen Xbox now
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 10:16 AM   #1196
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
It is funded/published by Sony themselves though -- they don't own Kojima Productions but for all intents and purposes it's a first party PS4 game. While it's not completely unprecedented for a Sony published release to come to PC eventually (Detroit: Become Human just did recently), this is a big time release and a system seller. I wouldn't bank on it ever coming to PC if you really want to play it.

Detroit: Become Human
Beyond: Two Souls
Heavy Rain
Journey
Flower

I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 10:21 AM   #1197
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cDnStealth View Post
Heavy Rain
Journey
Flower

The Yakuza games as well.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 10:39 AM   #1198
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cDnStealth View Post
Heavy Rain
Journey
Flower

I mean, these aren't exactly apples to apples comparisons. The first three of those are from Quantic Dream who must've had a deal with Sony expire as they're all coming at the same time -- Heavy Rain almost a decade after it's initial release. Journey is also coming, but I don't imagine anyone who was super excited to play it back in 2012 is still waiting for the PC release next week.

Sony isn't involved in the Yakuza series at all, those are Sega games they can do whatever they want with.

I wouldn't come out and say it would never happen, but you could be waiting a long time.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:29 AM   #1199
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I mean, these aren't exactly apples to apples comparisons. The first three of those are from Quantic Dream who must've had a deal with Sony expire as they're all coming at the same time -- Heavy Rain almost a decade after it's initial release. Journey is also coming, but I don't imagine anyone who was super excited to play it back in 2012 is still waiting for the PC release next week.

Sony isn't involved in the Yakuza series at all, those are Sega games they can do whatever they want with.

I wouldn't come out and say it would never happen, but you could be waiting a long time.

That's fair and to be honest, I have no skin in this game. I've never been a fan of MGS and I don't even know what to make of Death Stranding at the moment.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 11:35 AM   #1200
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Next up on the pre-E3 hype train - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (yep, just Modern Warfare).

They're billing it as a 're-imagining' of the first Modern Warfare, using current headlines and themes. Looks like the campaign is back in a big way. Out October 25.