Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum

Old 08-04-2019, 05:20 PM   #61
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI View Post
Late to the party but my favorite Southcenter memory from childhood was YogenFruz, wish we had those in the states!
Oh and the laser tag thing you guys were talking about too
Location checks out
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:54 AM   #62
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
Becuase is a catchier, more complicated name going to drive more traffic and/or the new name going to prevent people from shopping there?

The CGY is certainly based off those hats and t's from last year, and the fact that outside of Cavalry, the Flames now have all the city's pro sports properties, which wasn't the case in the late 80s when someone came up with Flames Fanattic.

Most pro teams around North America keep it simple, calling it the team store or pro shop or clear variation of that.
More complicated name? Uhhhh no. That is clearly not what I’m suggesting. Who would pitch a “more complicated name”???

Is boring branding going to “prevent people from going”. Obviously not... no one has said this. Is that what you think I’m suggesting by thinking “team store” is a goofy boring name???

It was an opportunity to create a brand where you could sell the stores items in addition to the sale of Flames/Stamps merch that sells itself. CGY branded stuff is okay I guess, not a fan personally. But the “team store” addition is just a bit comical to me.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote