Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-17-2020, 01:50 PM   #1561
Tacopuck
Scoring Winger

Exp:

2mg is really small. When I use the oil I need at least 20mg for it to be worth it. That said I'm a regular consumer
Old 01-17-2020, 01:53 PM   #1562
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

I need 10 mg of the capsules to feel nice. The chocolate bars I'm looking at in Nevada are 100 mg, or 8 mg per piece.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 02:05 PM   #1563
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
I need 10 mg of the capsules to feel nice. The chocolate bars I'm looking at in Nevada are 100 mg, or 8 mg per piece.
10mg, eh? Yeah, that's kind of where I've landed on this, too. I've gone to the peppermint flavoured oral spray based on a recommendation in here and I really like it. Each spray is 2.5mg, so very easy to dose. Four squirts gives me my 10mg, and sometimes I'll take an extra squirt or two for good measure. I've been using an Indica and have been having the best sleeps of my adult life because of this stuff. Take four sprays around 7-8pm. Another spray or two around nine if I want.

That just mellows me out. If I want to get fataed up, 20mg would definitely do the trick. Seems to be a fine line between feeling very nice and being reasonably high.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2020, 02:09 PM   #1564
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sPOT View Post
This is such great advice!

I keep my 'already vaped weed' in a jar about the size of 1 cup. When its full I throw it on a baking sheet and bake for 30-40 mins @ 220F to fully decarboxylate. Dont need to do this as its already vaped but I do anyways.

Next I toss that weed in the slow cooker along with about 3/4 cup of oil (coconut or canola typically).

Cook on low for 8 hours, stir occasionally if you can.

Then I strain it into a container of some kind and voila you've got weed oil you can cook with.

So far with this method I've made brownies (3 or 4 times), cookies, mixed it into coffee (disgusting do not try), and waffles. Just remember to not heat the oil more than 330F, less is better.

I also made butter once but it seemed to be way more complicated and tedious. Though you can do more with butter it seems.

Anyways, I'm still amazed that I can vape weed with the Pax, get a good buzz, and then use that same weed for fairly potent edibles. Its awesome.
Found the easiest way to make butter was just to boil the marijuana and the butter in water. You put the butter/water mixture in the fridge (after it's cooled) and the butter will harden on top and you can just pick it off the water.

Was a lot easier than dealing with liquid oils and worrying about temperatures. The cannabinoids are oil based, so should dissolve into the butter once separated by the boiling process.

You may want to decarb (just to be sure), although some of this might happen during the backing process of whatever you use the butter in or the extraction process.

You might want to strain out some of the nasty bits at some point too. I'd recommend this while the mixture is still hot.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2020, 02:29 PM   #1565
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

As an experienced smoker, 10mg doses is my absolute sweet spot. It's enough to make me feel a great buzz all day, yet small enough to remind myself that I'm glad I didn't do anymore.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 02:36 PM   #1566
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronck View Post
So I went to the store and it's actually 5x 2mg for a total of 10mg for the peppermints- I bought a pack and will report back. The person who bought it is a daily smoker and said that one gave him a mild buzz so I will test and report back- Doing it for you CP!
Yeah, there is a legal limit of 10 mg per package.

There seems to be a greater range of tolerance for cannabis than alcohol but I would put a 10 mg package at about 2 or 3 beers (maybe with a prolonged high). Some people will feel it, get a solid buzz, others won't really notice their impairment. Don't want people operate vehicles after that amount but it shouldn't have you having an existential crisis as you talk to your couch.

EDIT: But please be responsible in any case. If it's your first time, take it easy. Like I said higher range of tolerance. For some people 50 mg+ does the trick, but for others 5 mg will be enough.

Last edited by Oling_Roachinen; 01-17-2020 at 02:39 PM.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2020, 06:34 PM   #1567
zzibradleyizz
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I usually need around 30mg of edibles to be feeling pretty damn good. 10mg doesn't do anything for me, 20mg will sometimes work, but sometimes I need a little more.

Last edited by zzibradleyizz; 01-17-2020 at 06:39 PM.
zzibradleyizz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zzibradleyizz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2020, 06:45 PM   #1568
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

What have people used for mild pain management. Mrs. Bagger has been having back pain / spasms that haven't entirely gone away with massage therapy, hot baths and stretching. This is a last effort before going to see a doc (it's been a week) but I picked up some 10mg/ml CBD with 0.5 mg/ml oil for her. Will this reasonably do anything or should we look at a higher THC concentration?
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 02:08 PM   #1569
longsuffering
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsuffering View Post
I'm crushed. My S&B Mighty didn't survive the Great Bankview Condo Fire of 2019. She will be sorely missed.

Any recommendations on an inexpensive portable/pocket dry flower vaporizer to bridge the gap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
Sorry to hear longsuffering.

I'd take a look at some of the options the cannabis stores in town have, they usually have a few options ranging from budget to extravagant, and the budtenders will likely have some feedback on the various models.
Thought I'd circle back on this.

I ended up picking up an Arizer Solo 2 for $120 off of Kijiji. I couldn't be happier. Great tasting vape and nice clouds. Incredible bang for the buck. Not exactly a portable piece but great for using at home (or wherever you're calling home).
longsuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 09:29 AM   #1570
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

With capsules being readily available I never understood the need for edibles. Why not just pop a pill and eat good food?
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 09:50 AM   #1571
Tacopuck
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Tried those 2mg mints over the weekend. For a regular consumer these are absolutely useless. Biggest issues with them are definitely the result of poorly rolled out legislation

- Extremely excessive packaging (cardboard box + huge plastic container for 5 tiny mints)
- Low Value ($8 for 10mg total) - any package cannot contain more than 10mg

If you want the edible experience, just get the oil / spray / or capsules. These edibles are are quite disappointing tbh.

I could maybe see value for someone who has never consumed before so they can start with a 2mg dose but beyond that I see no use unless they are allowed to to package more than 10mg at a time.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:59 AM   #1572
Swarly
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Have yet to go in and buy any edibles for myself but if what is being said here is true it definitely sounds like Tacopuck is right about the poorly rolled out legislation. I am a very mild user and from the edibles I've had before legalization (from MOM) I would eat about 20-30mg (20 will just be a mild to mid buzz for a few hours, 30 gets me really giggly and unable to follow conversation, even conversations I am actively participating in). Previously, MOM would charge me ~$15 for ~100-120mg of gummies depending on the kind (10x10mg, 4x25mg, 3x40mg, etc...). So one pack of $15 gummies would last me 3-5 fun nights. Now to get the same it's going to cost ~$80 for 100mg? and 10 boxes/ huge plastic containers to store at home rather than the skittles size bag I got from MOM? I think I'll pass on the legal stores and keep getting stuff from MOM, just an utter fail on the government's part.
Swarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 12:02 PM   #1573
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
With capsules being readily available I never understood the need for edibles. Why not just pop a pill and eat good food?
Capsules have been hit or miss for me. Sometimes work sometimes I don't notice them
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 12:07 PM   #1574
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarly View Post
Have yet to go in and buy any edibles for myself but if what is being said here is true it definitely sounds like Tacopuck is right about the poorly rolled out legislation. I am a very mild user and from the edibles I've had before legalization (from MOM) I would eat about 20-30mg (20 will just be a mild to mid buzz for a few hours, 30 gets me really giggly and unable to follow conversation, even conversations I am actively participating in). Previously, MOM would charge me ~$15 for ~100-120mg of gummies depending on the kind (10x10mg, 4x25mg, 3x40mg, etc...). So one pack of $15 gummies would last me 3-5 fun nights. Now to get the same it's going to cost ~$80 for 100mg? and 10 boxes/ huge plastic containers to store at home rather than the skittles size bag I got from MOM? I think I'll pass on the legal stores and keep getting stuff from MOM, just an utter fail on the government's part.
I have found that 10 mg is generally pretty mild but you would need to have a pretty high tolerance (or large person) to only get a mild buzz from 20-30 mg.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 12:23 PM   #1575
Swarly
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I have found that 10 mg is generally pretty mild but you would need to have a pretty high tolerance (or large person) to only get a mild buzz from 20-30 mg.
ya, I'm a big guy (250lb) with a very low tolerance. A friend of mine who is ~170lb tho with a high tolerance eats 50-60mg over an evening, 40 to start then will top up 2-4 hours in to keep his high going. And that is him being functional, other people would barely register him being high. 30 for me and people would instantly know I'm high.
Swarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 06:37 PM   #1576
Guest1

I haven't read much from people that use for pain relief? 7 weeks after shoulder surgery and I still hurt/ache and haven't slept for more than 5 hours in one night. And I'd like to get off the opioids. So I was sold on capsules (I'd rather not smoke) Tweed Argyle with a 2.5 THC/3 CBD. I'm just looking for a bit of pain free sleep before I go nuts. Any other recommendations? Has anyone purchased topicals?
Old 02-05-2020, 06:46 PM   #1577
Jeff Lebowski
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

For my own pain issues I wanted a doc to guide me. Went to Revolution medical cannabis and it was great. Staff and docs were super knowledgeable and understanding.
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 08:31 PM   #1578
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

My home stress and workload is off the charts these days so I’ve been knocking myself out every night to make sure I sleep 7-8 hours. 60mg edible by 7pm, smoke some herb, 20mg about 2 hours later. Sometimes 40. Whatever it takes to stop obsessing over things.

Thank god for weed. I would be a walking zombie from the stress without it. That or addicted to sleeping pills and booze.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tron_fdc For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2020, 12:57 PM   #1579
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puxlut View Post
I haven't read much from people that use for pain relief? 7 weeks after shoulder surgery and I still hurt/ache and haven't slept for more than 5 hours in one night. And I'd like to get off the opioids. So I was sold on capsules (I'd rather not smoke) Tweed Argyle with a 2.5 THC/3 CBD. I'm just looking for a bit of pain free sleep before I go nuts. Any other recommendations? Has anyone purchased topicals?

I've found the spray concentrates to be more effective in terms of potency and immediate effect so you can adjust your dose faster. Capsules take forever to kick in.
Old 02-06-2020, 01:12 PM   #1580
Misterpants
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
My home stress and workload is off the charts these days so I’ve been knocking myself out every night to make sure I sleep 7-8 hours. 60mg edible by 7pm, smoke some herb, 20mg about 2 hours later. Sometimes 40. Whatever it takes to stop obsessing over things.

Thank god for weed. I would be a walking zombie from the stress without it. That or addicted to sleeping pills and booze.
My god, that seems like a herculean amount. Do you feel any effects when you wake up or has it all been processed?
Misterpants is offline   Reply With Quote