Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-21-2019, 12:56 PM   #1861
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I also just completed Fallen Order. Awesome game, awesome story. I had high hopes going in but was pretty skeptical, yet Respawn delivered with this game.
Old 11-21-2019, 12:57 PM   #1862
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2019, 09:57 AM   #1863
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Fallen Order 10/10. My only complaint is that it felt short, but generally very story driven well written games are.. so I am not holding it against them. I did a play through on the second hardest and didn't use a guide once and it was awesome.

Highly recommend to anyone who is a fan of Assassins Creed, God of War or Star Wars.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:32 AM   #1864
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would also recommend Fallen Order to us wayward Prince of Persia fans who haven't had anything to scratch that itch in ages. It has a very "Sands of Time in space" feel with the platforming, wall-running, and time manipulation puzzles. And I love it.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2019, 10:42 AM   #1865
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Spoiler!
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 01:48 PM   #1866
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
Spoiler!
Prequel, this game takes place between HL1 and HL2. And when a game reaches a decade+ I think spoilers are fair game
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2019, 06:55 PM   #1867
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

The first month of Humble Choice has apparently been leaked. Other than the first one I can't say I'm too impressed.

Spoiler!
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 07:21 PM   #1868
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
I would also recommend Fallen Order to us wayward Prince of Persia fans who haven't had anything to scratch that itch in ages. It has a very "Sands of Time in space" feel with the platforming, wall-running, and time manipulation puzzles. And I love it.
Prince of Persia, I couldn't place the game but yes thats it. At first I wasn't sure I would love that aspect of it, but it ended up fitting in very well with the Jedi theme.

There was multiple times in that game I literally just stopped and panned around to enjoy the landscape as it was so well done. Such a visually pleasing game and lots of attention to detail. It also has a Legend of Zelda feel to it in that you gain powers to open up secrets on different levels and re visiting areas you couldn't get to before etc..
Old 11-27-2019, 09:25 PM   #1869
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Picked up Spider-Man for $25 during the Playstation black Friday deal. It has to be one of the steepest learning curves I've encountered on a normal difficulty setting, it took me forever to get a hang of the controls and stop getting my ass kicked repeatedly (especially by those ultra fast heavy thug #######s). But now that I've mostly figured things out it's a complete blast, probably the most fun movement and traversal mechanics of any action game I've played. And the combat is very rewarding once you get into a flow, it's like the Batman Arkham games but much more involved. About the only negative I have so far is the actor they modeled Peter Parker from, there's just something off about his look and it's distracting watching him in cutscenes
Old 11-27-2019, 09:52 PM   #1870
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Prince of Persia, I couldn't place the game but yes thats it. At first I wasn't sure I would love that aspect of it, but it ended up fitting in very well with the Jedi theme.

There was multiple times in that game I literally just stopped and panned around to enjoy the landscape as it was so well done. Such a visually pleasing game and lots of attention to detail. It also has a Legend of Zelda feel to it in that you gain powers to open up secrets on different levels and re visiting areas you couldn't get to before etc..
That sounds pretty cool. Is it something a person who isn't a big Star Wars fan would enjoy?
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 01:59 PM   #1871
Old Yeller
First Line Centre

Exp:

I am not a big Star Wars fan and I enjoy it, the story is interesting enough and the game-play is fun... but my gawd am I dying a lot in it on hard difficulty.
Old Yeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 03:47 PM   #1872
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Loved Fallen Order. I agree that it was a bit too short but that’s about my only complaint. Interesting new characters and the end was amazing.

Just starting the new Pokémon game now. My God is this tutorial killing me. They should have an option for long time players to skip this crap.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 05:56 PM   #1873
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
Loved Fallen Order. I agree that it was a bit too short but that’s about my only complaint. Interesting new characters and the end was amazing.

Just starting the new Pokémon game now. My God is this tutorial killing me. They should have an option for long time players to skip this crap.
I wish there was an option to erase hop my god I hate him also I wish there was an option to scale gym leaders to your level
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 06:13 PM   #1874
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
I wish there was an option to erase hop my god I hate him also I wish there was an option to scale gym leaders to your level
I've been cycling almost 15 different Pokemon in and out of my team. Fun to try lots of different folks and as a result the battles and everything are actually kind of hard.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 08:05 PM   #1875
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
I've been cycling almost 15 different Pokemon in and out of my team. Fun to try lots of different folks and as a result the battles and everything are actually kind of hard.
I've never played Pokemon like this before, but I'm doing the same thing this game. The way you can access the PC any time makes a huge difference
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 08:03 AM   #1876
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Got a spooky little platformer called Little Nightmares from the Xbox store for $5. Enjoying it so far!
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 09:35 AM   #1877
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Thoughts on Jurassic World Evolution? Ten dollar steam deal right now but Games with Gold for Xbox in two weeks. This type of game would be better on the PC though I suppose.
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 11:22 AM   #1878
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
I just skip everything the “rivals” say now. They haven’t had an interesting rival since Black and White, and before that it was Gold and Silver.

I miss the old days where you hated your rivals for being dicks. Now I hate my rivals because they’re too friendly.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 12:34 PM   #1879
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rando View Post
Thoughts on Jurassic World Evolution? Ten dollar steam deal right now but Games with Gold for Xbox in two weeks. This type of game would be better on the PC though I suppose.
I paid about $25 for the deluxe version and have put 63 hours into it without having the other two story DLC so more than half of that is a steal IMO.

The maps aren't huge but I think that makes you really think about where you should put things. There's a Jurassic Park expansion coming out on the 10th which I'm looking forward to.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 02:02 PM   #1880
doozwimp
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Civilization players seem to be few and far between in these here parts but I'll reiterate. Civ 6 out now on console! Expecting a lackluster response but I cant get enough of it.
doozwimp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doozwimp For This Useful Post: