Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2019, 05:28 PM   #41
BowRiverBruinsRule
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Flames were at Winsport today. All the coaches came on the ice. They were shooting pucks, passing, etc. Players came on 15 to 20 mins later. Hmmm. On a lighter note - a Flames staff guy gave a smiling and laughing Rittich a ride on a flat deck cart from HC dressing rooms to Arena D. He's a gem.
BowRiverBruinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BowRiverBruinsRule For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2019, 06:26 PM   #42
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowRiverBruinsRule View Post
Flames were at Winsport today. All the coaches came on the ice. They were shooting pucks, passing, etc. Players came on 15 to 20 mins later. Hmmm. On a lighter note - a Flames staff guy gave a smiling and laughing Rittich a ride on a flat deck cart from HC dressing rooms to Arena D. He's a gem.

So they had a players only meeting?

Funny timing immediately after Sarich said he hated them

Rittich’s the best
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 06:33 PM   #43
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
So they had a players only meeting?

Funny timing immediately after Sarich said he hated them

Rittich’s the best
Doesn't sound like a meeting. Sounds like the coaches were on time, putting forth a good example, and the players were still stumbling around the locker room in their underpants wondering where their mouthguards were.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 08:55 AM   #44
IamNotKenKing
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
Doesn't sound like a meeting. Sounds like the coaches were on time, putting forth a good example, and the players were still stumbling around the locker room in their underpants wondering where their mouthguards were.
Or, coaches were ready 15-20 minutes before practice "started".
IamNotKenKing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IamNotKenKing For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2019, 09:05 AM   #45
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
Amazing.
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:50 AM   #46
Stanley
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowRiverBruinsRule View Post
Darn, players can't even start on time for practice either eh?
Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 10:25 AM   #47
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

I missed what happened to Bennett. Hopefully this will give him time to get fully healed and back to playing how he did last season. Not sure if this might have been a lingering injury, but something was off with him this season. Let him rest up, grow that sweet 'stach a bit more, and bring some fire to the lineup when he's back.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 10:55 AM   #48
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
Darn, players can't even start on time for practice either eh?
I doubt “all” the players can be late. Might have been a players only meeting or something.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:07 AM   #49
---Hatrick---
Scoring Winger

Exp:

This is probably an unpopular request, but when Bennett is back I still would like to see him given some time to play on the wing with Monny and Johnny. And I don’t mean a period or two, I mean let’s tell him he’s going to get 5 games or so to play with those guys and gain some confidence and chemistry.

Every time he gets given an opportunity, it lasts for a couple periods and Peters demotes him after one mistake. I believe this is in his head. He’s scared to make a mistake because he knows he will immediately be placed in the doghouse. If he’s told he’s going to get a legit 5 game opportunity, it will give him time to actually gain chemistry and play to his potential.

On this current roster, he’s the only guy who has anything near top line skill and potential besides maybe Mangiapane, but our first line would get pushed around even easier with him on the wing. May as well try to get this to work. It would balance out our top 3 lines nicely with :
Johnny - Monny - Bennett
Tkachuk - Lindholm - Mangiapane
Dube? - Backlund - Frolik
Old 11-21-2019, 11:46 AM   #50
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hatrick, no problem with those lines. I tend to agree. The difference being that I would swap Lindholm and Monahan. Except for PP time, I think that there is a disconnect between the two of them, stemming back to last years break.

I'm all on the trade Backlund and Frolik for new right wing train, which would make an awesome third line of Bennett-Ryan-Dube, but I think that no trade is going to happen, which makes your plan the 'A' plan.
Old 11-21-2019, 03:37 PM   #51
Stanley
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ---Hatrick--- View Post
This is probably an unpopular request, but when Bennett is back I still would like to see him given some time to play on the wing with Monny and Johnny. And I don’t mean a period or two, I mean let’s tell him he’s going to get 5 games or so to play with those guys and gain some confidence and chemistry.

Every time he gets given an opportunity, it lasts for a couple periods and Peters demotes him after one mistake. I believe this is in his head. He’s scared to make a mistake because he knows he will immediately be placed in the doghouse. If he’s told he’s going to get a legit 5 game opportunity, it will give him time to actually gain chemistry and play to his potential.

On this current roster, he’s the only guy who has anything near top line skill and potential besides maybe Mangiapane, but our first line would get pushed around even easier with him on the wing. May as well try to get this to work. It would balance out our top 3 lines nicely with :
Johnny - Monny - Bennett
Tkachuk - Lindholm - Mangiapane
Dube? - Backlund - Frolik
Everytime he gets an opportunity, he takes a penalty...
Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 04:12 PM   #52
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
Everytime he gets an opportunity, he takes a penalty...
With how ####ty everyone else on the roster has been, and how patient the coaching staff has been in sticking with the same lines still, it's fair to actually give him a legitimate shot to prove if he can handle the top 6 role or not. Gives more than a game or 2, because a single game isn't really enough to judge off of since so many things can factor in a single game making it a one off (bad team game overall, blowout games going in either direction, tight defensive battle, bad bounces etc.), rather than the norm. Have a larger frame of work to judge off of.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote