Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-04-2019, 09:44 AM   #1
FCAV
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default FC's 2019 NHL Draft Guide & Discussion (Discount inside)

Hey guys. I posted over in the 2019 draft thread on the main board but figured I would pull this out to the secondary board in case anyone happened to miss it.

FC's 2019 NHL Draft Guide is now available for purchase, and if you use promo code '2019CP', you'll all get a 20% off discount. You've all done such a fantastic job of supporting Future Considerations in the past, and we love you for it!

Link should be in my signature, but failing that, you can order here and then plug in the promo code once you get to the next step: https://futureconsiderations.ca/2019-nhl-draft-guide/

I'll also use this thread for any questions you might directly have on the guide, the draft class, who is available at No. 26, or any other themes! I'll take the questions back to our group and get them answered!

Happy drafting!

PS: Our 2019 Final ranking is here: https://futureconsiderations.ca/top-rankings-2019/
FCAV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FCAV For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2019, 10:29 AM   #2
RyZ
First Line Centre

Exp:

Best guide on the market. I buy every year and will buy again before draft day. Thanks for the work and the discount!
RyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RyZ For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2019, 09:17 AM   #3
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

You get an online guide, not an actual paper guide correct?
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:44 AM   #4
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savardandjokinen View Post
Correct, its PDF copy.
You could print it (80 pages) if you really want.

This was the first year I decided to give it a go.
It's actually really well done and dives deep into more than just the first round or two.

You also get some early projections on the first couple of rounds of 2020.

Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Royle9 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2019, 11:06 AM   #5
FCAV
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savardandjokinen View Post
Correct. It'll come in the form of two PDF files. One is laid out as a double-page spread (designed for best view on a tablet/phone/etc). The other is a single-page layout just in case you wanted to print it off at home. Makes for a nicer print than the double-page spread.

We've basically done digital-only for the duration of our guides. Helps keeps costs/prices down, and greatly increases delivery time (immediate download after purchase)!

If there are any other questions, don't be shy!
The Following User Says Thank You to FCAV For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2019, 12:43 AM   #6
FCAV
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Our staff mock draft is live. Some will love. Some will hate. I will duck regardless!

https://futureconsiderations.ca/fcs-...hl-draft-mock/
Old 06-24-2019, 01:59 PM   #7
FCAV
Scoring Winger

Exp:

If you're still looking for more info on Calgary's newest draft eligibles, we've pushed our promo even further to 50% off! Use Promo Code 2019Final!

https://futureconsiderations.ca/2019-nhl-draft-guide/

If I'm not mistaken, we had profiles on each except Nodler, so here's a free look on hm from the Hlinka last August:

Quote:
Josh Nodler (C) - 6'0, 196lbs - Apr 27, 2001
Nodler is another player that I think showed enough in this tournament to be moved into our top 100. His game is predicated on an elite ability to find his teammates in the offensive zone. He was easily one of the better pure playmakers at this tournament and found lanes and teammates that few others could. His vision is outstanding and he seems to have a mental picture of all ten skaters on the ice at all times. He can exploit the smallest hole and has an acute sense of timing and draw weight. Teammates of his need to always be ready as Nodler probably could have had even more point production in this tourney if not for surprised teammates bobbling his passes. What Nodler needs to work on is rounding out his game. He is not a real shooting threat and teams who play him often will learn to key on others forcing him to shoot. He needs to develop his shot in order to keep the opposition honest. Additionally he needs to work on his overall conditioning and fitness. He had a tendency to have less of an impact as the game wore on and the same drop-off could be seen even within a shift. I'd probably move Nodler into the 55-75 range in with Rees and Gritsyuk. He needs to develop his game but I haven't seen many better at moving the puck in this age group.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FCAV For This Useful Post: