Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-21-2015, 01:35 PM   #61
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Thank you for registering for the 2016 Ryder Cup Random Selection Process.

Due to the extreme demand for tickets, a random selection process will take place to determine which registrants will have an opportunity to purchase tickets. Registrations will be accepted until September 30, 2015.

By completing registration, you are not guaranteed an opportunity to purchase tickets. A random selection will occur after the deadline (September 30, 2015) from the pool of all registrants. If selected, you will be notified by email by October 12, 2015. At that time you would be assigned to a group and given a three day window to purchase from remaining available tickets. Please note that even if you are selected, you may not have the opportunity to purchase all ticket types due to inventory levels.

One registration will be accepted per household. Any person exceeding this limit may have his/her registration cancelled at the discretion of the PGA, without notification. Multiple registrations associated with the same email or mailing address may be considered to be exceeding the registration limit.

For more information on the random selection process, including ticket types and pricing, please click here.

If you have questions about the registration process, please call 800-PGA-GOLF (800-742-4653) or email 2016RyderCup@pgahq.com.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:53 AM   #62
FragileMind
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Innisfail for one of the last rounds of the season.OK
FragileMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 07:03 AM   #63
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haven't played since Mid-August and I actually don't miss it! I think I golfed myself out this year!
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 08:01 AM   #64
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragileMind View Post
Innisfail for one of the last rounds of the season.OK

nice way to wrap up the season.....i am going to be trying to tame the beast that is known as silver springs today......
Old 09-24-2015, 12:28 PM   #65
BurningYears
First Line Centre

Exp:

Played Heritage Pointe yesterday Pointe/Desert courses. shot 91 from the blacks but such a nice course, only thing I didnt like was the tiny tiny tiny greens:
Old 09-24-2015, 12:41 PM   #66
prarieboy
Late Bloomer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post
Haven't played since Mid-August and I actually don't miss it! I think I golfed myself out this year!
This is one of the most shocking things I've read on Calgarypuck.

Just make sure you are ready to go next year.
prarieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prarieboy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2015, 12:42 PM   #67
prarieboy
Late Bloomer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
nice way to wrap up the season.....i am going to be trying to tame the beast that is known as silver springs today......
I'd like to hear about your impressions. Please post a follow up.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:46 PM   #68
prarieboy
Late Bloomer

Exp:

Quote:
How'd things go at Silver Springs???
Old 09-28-2015, 06:36 PM   #69
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post
Old 09-28-2015, 09:03 PM   #70
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Back from my bucket list trip and I am beat! Played a pair of rounds at Hapuna, and Waikoloa Beach. Was supposed to be on Mauna Kea twice but they were over-seeding in-between our rounds, so they moved us to a different course. Ended up playing single rounds on Mauna Kea, Waikoloa Kings, Mauna Lani North, Mauna Lani South, Malakei and Hualalai. Moved to Pebble Beach, playing Pebble, Spanish Bay and Spyglass Hill. Finished up at Pasatiempo in Santa Cruz. Have to say that it was indeed the trip of a lifetime. Best courses were Pasatiempo, Spyglass, Hualalei, Mauna Lani and Mauna Kea. Pebble was (sadly) pretty over-rated.

Lots of cool things happened on the trip, but the coolest was running into Ben Crenshaw on Spyglass the day before the First Tee tournament on Pebble. Didn't score well at all but hit the ball great the whole trip. Missed my first hole-in-one on back-to-back days. Played a 60* wedge from 105 on #15 at Spyglass. Played it past the hole and backed it up just past the flag. Next day, on the last hole of the trip, I hit an 8 iron from 165 on #18 at Pasatiempo, again playing the backing and pulling it back to the hole. Ended up tracking in but coming up a few inches short of falling in. Pasatiempo has a ton of history to it, but one of the things that the locals are proud to bring up is that Tiger Woods took an eight on hole #16, a hole I birdied thanks to some really great advice from a member we played with. Can't say enough about this amazing Alister MacKenzie designed gem! Will definitely be back again!
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:58 AM   #71
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by prarieboy View Post
How'd things go at Silver Springs???
It turned out to be a really nice day and was ao wear shorts the whole round.

i was actually very happy with my game - my driver is my favourite club. no real huge drives, but i was really working the ball and sending it to the left and then having it curl back tot eh center of the fairway.

I gave up keeping score becasue my playing partner was having a horrible day; however, I felt like I shot a 98 (which for me is a very good score). I find that by golfing less, I enjoy it so much more.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:21 AM   #72
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

Indeed trip of a lifetime, NewEra. How long was your trip?
darklord700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:09 AM   #73
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord700 View Post
i have to admit that i was curious as to what the total green fee cost was.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:10 PM   #74
Ruttiger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Kananaskis will indeed get rebuilt:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...uild-1.3250366
Ruttiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 09:47 PM   #75
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruttiger View Post
Kananaskis will indeed get rebuilt:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...uild-1.3250366
I'm glad. There was an awful lot of money just lying on the ground that would have been wasted, and a handful of contractors who were out of pocket a lot of money if it didn't go ahead.
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:12 PM   #76
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seems like it was a pure contracting issue. Would have cost the gov't too much to walk away. This of course is a-ok in my books!!!

Banff Springs for me on Sunday!!
DoubleK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 09:51 AM   #77
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Way to nice a day yesterday so a buddy convinced me to burn a vacation day and get out probably for the last time this season. Nothing fancy, played Apple Creek ($58 with cart) and practically had the place to ourselves. There might have been 10 vehicles in the parking lot and when we arrived 45 minutes early to hit some balls they told us we could head out any time we wanted as there was nobody in front of us and the next group was 30 minutes after us. An absolutely perfect day for golf and not a bad round for me either. Shot a 97 (3 lost balls) which I consider a decent round. Long and mid irons were behaving for a change but my chipping and short approach shots (inside 100 yards) let me down yesterday. Still, a pretty good way to end the season.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:36 PM   #78
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord700 View Post
2 weeks. 10 days in Hawaii and 4 days in California.

Quote:
i have to admit that i was curious as to what the total green fee cost was.
Total cost of the trip was just under $4,800 per player, including all flights, accommodations, greens fees, ground transportation, and tax.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 06:01 AM   #79
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

In related golf course renovation news, it seems as though the new 9 holes at Redwood Meadows is set to go through.

EDIT: spoke too soon. Just seems as though they're bringing an architect in to update the plans (as they haven't been updated post flood).

Last edited by Roughneck; 10-02-2015 at 09:14 AM.
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:40 AM   #80
CarlLester
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlLester View Post
Anyone know of a place in town that will do a Titleist fitting or has a Titleist demo cart, the kicker being I would like the fitting done but have to buy the clubs elsewhere.

Nothing scandalous, just have a sizeable pro shop credit with nothing to spend it on so kicking around the though of new irons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
Country Hills is the Regional Fitting Center for Titleist
Ended up getting fitted at Country Hills. They had all the stuff I needed (shaft & lie combos, etc). They were knowledgeable and I would recommend.

Ordered a new set of 714 AP2s a couple of weeks ago. Got them earlier this week and am going to get out for my first round with them today.

I could've waited for the new (coming out soon) 716 series but wow, prices have gone way up (obviously a lot of that due to our weak dollar). 714s were about $1000 and it looks like the 716s are close to $1600.
CarlLester is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
net5 , punch out , royal boulder , tpc fox hollow