Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-10-2015, 01:02 PM   #41
cracher
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Leaving for a trip on Thursday that will see nine courses knocked off my bucket list. Playing Mauna Kea, Mauna Lani North and South, Hapuna, Waikoloa Beach, Spanish Bay, Spyglass Hill, Pebble Beach and Pasatiempo. Thinking of adding Poppy Hills as well, but that will be a last minute thing. Really looking forward to this. Trip of a lifetime, to date.
My daughter is very precious to me, but there are times I wish I could still take trips like this. Wow, that is an itinerary.

If you're debating playing poppy hills, don't debate it. I've done monterey 3 times now and would gladly skip Pebble in favor of Poppy. It's a test, but a fun and fair test (obviously, minus the iconic ocean views). Pasatiempo and Poppy > Pebble any day. Please post a few pics.. I understand that they've renovated a TON of the original RTJ design.
cracher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:31 PM   #42
CarlLester
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Anyone know of a place in town that will do a Titleist fitting or has a Titleist demo cart, the kicker being I would like the fitting done but have to buy the clubs elsewhere.

Nothing scandalous, just have a sizeable pro shop credit with nothing to spend it on so kicking around the though of new irons.
CarlLester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:09 AM   #43
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Country Hills is the Regional Fitting Center for Titleist
DoubleK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleK For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2015, 07:47 AM   #44
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Leaving for a trip on Thursday that will see nine courses knocked off my bucket list. Playing Mauna Kea, Mauna Lani North and South, Hapuna, Waikoloa Beach, Spanish Bay, Spyglass Hill, Pebble Beach and Pasatiempo. Thinking of adding Poppy Hills as well, but that will be a last minute thing. Really looking forward to this. Trip of a lifetime, to date.
Amazing. Pics would be awesome if you get a chance.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 08:28 AM   #45
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

So the PING G30 driver is an absolute animal. I took one out on the course at McKenzie recently and holy crap is this thing amazing. I have a G25 right now and like it a lot, but I was getting 20-30 extra yards of carry with the G30. I carried the hazard from the back tees on #9, which is like 310 in the air. I might just have to buy another new driver but that thing is amazing.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:50 AM   #46
CarlLester
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
So the PING G30 driver is an absolute animal. I took one out on the course at McKenzie recently and holy crap is this thing amazing. I have a G25 right now and like it a lot, but I was getting 20-30 extra yards of carry with the G30. I carried the hazard from the back tees on #9, which is like 310 in the air. I might just have to buy another new driver but that thing is amazing.
Awesome! I have heard mixed...for some it works wonders and others haven't had much success with it. It is likely a fitting thing and it looks like you got one that works!

I tried one (one swing) a couple of weeks ago. Was on a Par 5, hit my drive with my driver. Bit of a toe hook, but usable. My friend handed me his G30 and told me to try it. I made a good swing and absolutely mashed it, dead center. Felt awesome. When I walked up the fairway though, I got to my balls. They were within 5 yards distance wise. G30 was in the middle. My toe hooked shot with my driver was on left side. Walking off that tee, I was thinking it should've been 40 yards farther with the G30, I hit it that good. So that was disappointing. But again, I am sure with a proper shaft/loft fitting I could find one that works for me too. Felt really easy to hit.
CarlLester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 06:45 PM   #47
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

After playing golf all summer and when I watch football games now, I have a funny thought.

Whydo the football fields look so long when they are only 100 and 110 yards long? That's basically from the red marker to the green. You can pitch or do a half swing to go 100 yard in golf. But when a kicker makes a 60 yard field goal, it's something special.

Last edited by darklord700; 09-13-2015 at 06:55 PM.
darklord700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:38 AM   #48
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord700 View Post
After playing golf all summer and when I watch football games now, I have a funny thought.

Whydo the football fields look so long when they are only 100 and 110 yards long? That's basically from the red marker to the green. You can pitch or do a half swing to go 100 yard in golf. But when a kicker makes a 60 yard field goal, it's something special.
A leg + a football + 11 huge men coming to attack you vs. a metal stick + a golf ball.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:44 AM   #49
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sadly I am probably closer to making a 60 yard field goal than I am to hitting the green from 100 yards out, and I haven't kicked a football in competition in 30 years.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:10 AM   #50
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
A leg + a football + 11 huge men coming to attack you vs. a metal stick + a golf ball.
Of course. But visually playing from the red marker looks so short comparing to seeing the football fields or baseball fields which are generally 100+ yard deep.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:38 AM   #51
FragileMind
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Radium Resort Course needs to invest in more golf carts or charging capacity.
That is all.

Got talked out of playing Shadow Mountain,in favor of Trickle Creek,by three ladies.Thank you girls,what an awesome course.

Got to love it when everything comes together,3 weeks before the end of the season.
FragileMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 07:34 PM   #52
cracher
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Have a voucher for 9 holes and half-cart at Nanton. Expires Oct 15. PM me if you can make use of it.
cracher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 07:43 PM   #53
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Played 27 holes today. Hopefully we get some more warm weather before the courses decide to shutdown
Old 09-20-2015, 10:19 PM   #54
Property Manager DB
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Anything to know about Hamtons course this year?
Old 09-20-2015, 10:43 PM   #55
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Put my name in a lottery for tickets to Ryder Cup to be held in Chaska Minnesota on the Hazeltine golf course in 2016.

https://ems.pgalinks.com/2016RyderCu...tSelection.cfm
Old 09-20-2015, 11:48 PM   #56
Bunk
Franchise Player

Exp:

79 at Delacour today. I'm very fond of that course. Is there a better value in the Calgary area? I think not.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:53 AM   #57
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Played Crowsnest twice this weekend. If you haven't played there, it is a course that really should be on your list. It is such a fun golf course and it is in fantastic shape this year, best I can remember in the past few years. They charge $87 with cart on the weekends.

They have done a ton of work to improve some of the wet areas. They greens were recently punched but rolled very true. Some of them have pretty severe slopes and would be very interesting to putt on if they were any faster.

I'll post some pictures as soon as I upload them.
DoubleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:57 AM   #58
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
Played Crowsnest twice this weekend. If you haven't played there, it is a course that really should be on your list. It is such a fun golf course and it is in fantastic shape this year, best I can remember in the past few years. They charge $87 with cart on the weekends.

They have done a ton of work to improve some of the wet areas. They greens were recently punched but rolled very true. Some of them have pretty severe slopes and would be very interesting to putt on if they were any faster.

I'll post some pictures as soon as I upload them.
As I love 20 minutes from the course, thanks for the great words about it. I play it weekly, as they have cheap Wednesdays where it's $45 with cart. And the wind usually doesn't play too much of a factor except for a few holes.

And if anyone is coming down and ever needs a playing buddy....
brocoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:09 AM   #59
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anyone knows if there're any late season specials? Just don't want to pay the regular rates when it's little chilly out there. Thanks.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:05 PM   #60
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk View Post
79 at Delacour today. I'm very fond of that course. Is there a better value in the Calgary area? I think not.
Completely agree. Played that course for the first time ever a few weeks ago and the value is amazing. It also ate my lunch.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
net5 , punch out , royal boulder , tpc fox hollow