The Following User Says Thank You to Nadal Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 05:55 AM   #462
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan6 View Post
Refs just won the game for buffalo
How about the gift INT though given to the Rams by the refs?

But in the end Bills are 3-0 and Allen is still proving the naysayers wrong.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 06:33 AM   #463
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Jeezuz.

Quote:
Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana and his wife confronted a home intruder who attempted to kidnap their 9-month-old grandchild over the weekend, law enforcement officials confirmed on Sunday.

According to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, Montana told deputies that his grandchild was sleeping in a playpen on Saturday when an unknown woman entered their home in Malibu and grabbed the child. Montana and his wife, Jennifer, confronted the woman, whom authorities later identified as Sodsai Dalzell, tried to "de-escalate the situation" and asked her to give back their grandchild.

After a tussle, Jennifer Montana pried the child out of Dalzell's arms, law enforcement officials said.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ing-grandchild
Old 09-28-2020, 09:25 AM   #464
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Completely despicable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luder View Post
Totally, I remarked to my wife that you don’t steer wrestle a dudes ankle, absolutely a despicable play
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostandIn View Post
Blatant intent to injure. Should be a suspension and fine.
How the heck is no one talking about this? I don't personally think the Seahawks are a Super Bowl contender, but the media seems to... yet none of them think it's important that someone just deliberately busted a dude's knee, in a season so far plagued by injuries? What is going on here?
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 10:07 AM   #465
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
How the heck is no one talking about this? I don't personally think the Seahawks are a Super Bowl contender, but the media seems to... yet none of them think it's important that someone just deliberately busted a dude's knee, in a season so far plagued by injuries? What is going on here?
Why aren't Seattle contenders? No one thinks that when KC gives up 35 points a game as long as Patty puts up 40. Same as GB when primo prima donna racks em up.

To your point, if this thing isn't looked at by the league and that troglodyte disciplined then the League Safety Office (lol) clearly isn't doing it's job. That's as dirty a play I've seen since Aqib Talib deliberately poked someone in the eye.
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 10:11 AM   #466
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostandIn View Post
Why aren't Seattle contenders? No one thinks that when KC gives up 35 points a game as long as Patty puts up 40. Same as GB when primo prima donna racks em up.

To your point, if this thing isn't looked at by the league and that troglodyte disciplined then the League Safety Office (lol) clearly isn't doing it's job. That's as dirty a play I've seen since Aqib Talib deliberately poked someone in the eye.
They probably have the worst pass defence ever, and I am a seahawks fan...
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 10:14 AM   #467
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Yeah, they've sucked and they're gonna by worse for the next couple games against MIA and MIN but they still have a good chance to win both those games heading into the bye.
Old 09-28-2020, 10:40 AM   #468
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post

It compounds because Hill took a penalty earlier on in the game for a blatant head shot.

I hate the gator roll tackle, I think that the amount of torque that it puts on the knee and ankle is incredibly dangerous. I get it has its uses for down field from the back pursuit, but its used too often at the pro level, especially in traffic.

I remember for a long time, the SeaHawks were putting out videos for youth football on gator rolling as a part of a safe tackling alternative to heads up tackling, but I refused to teach it. In fact I took a look at the whole SeaHawks tackling video with the horizontal head first tackling and gator roll from the back and told my coaches that we weren't going to use it as an alternative to the Football Canada Safe Contacts teaching.

Now there's no doubt in my mind that the gator roll in this case was a deliberate attempt to injure just based on the hand position that Hill had on the tackle and the way he whip rolled it.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 12:05 PM   #469
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Worst in NFL history through the first 3 weeks of a season to be exact. I will say that most defenses in general have been shredded which is the opposite of what you would think with no training camp as usually offenses start a little slower.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 12:19 PM   #470
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Worst in NFL history through the first 3 weeks of a season to be exact. I will say that most defenses in general have been shredded which is the opposite of what you would think with no training camp as usually offenses start a little slower.
Legion of Gloom!

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/9/28...-yards-defense
Old 09-28-2020, 01:50 PM   #471
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder if we're not heading towards more "bad pass defense" records being broken simply because teams are finally coming around to the wild thought that passing the ball is more efficient than running it. The Seahawks have faced more than 150 pass attempts in three games, which is pretty insane. Bubble screens and short passing have also really been used more as a quasi-replacement to the running game.
Old 09-28-2020, 02:10 PM   #472
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

It used to be that the run set up the pass. But now the pass really sets up the run because teams are so strong in packing the box.

With the advent of high speed ends running is tough unless you can use the quick passing game to slow down the ends, or force a linebacker or two out of the box by flaring your running backs.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 04:19 PM   #473
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

I think as more pro offences can successfully execute some of the College spread formations, and other concepts that have traditionally not been successful in the pro game we will see more scoring, and not so much because defences are bad but because coaches will recognize that with a salary cap teams who have spent big at QB better be able to run like Thoroughbreds on offence. Or as they say....Let Russ cook. If he's throwing 5 TD's a game and not handing the ball off 40 times the Seahawks will score more points...trade off is, that they will also allow more. But which one provides better win probabilities?

Teams can give up a pile of passing yards so long as they get turnovers and sacks. Passing plays are more risky in terms of outcomes, but do tend to yield better yardage per attempt, and more teams are a lot more willing to risk passing. In the 80's when I was a kid 300 yard games were pretty rare, and 60% completions was above average. Any QB who threw more TD's than Interceptions was above average. Today most teams throw for 4000 yards a season, and any QB with a 1.5 TD to INT ratio get's replaced.

The Seahawks for example have had 2 score leads against what are 3 pretty good offences so far. So those teams will throw the ball to play catchup. Gaining 60 yards between the 20's really doesn't kill a defence if you are getting off the field allowing a field goal at worst. In a way Football is evolving like Baseball where the old triple crown of hitting was Average, Home Runs and RBI, now it's OPS, Runs scored, and WAR that are the higher valued numbers. In football it used to be total yardage. These days, it's more turnovers and points against per possession that are the better value indicators. A team who scores 35+ points ever game, and who scores fast is going to give up more yards and points than a traditional grind it out type team.

In Seattle's case they will want to correct this, but 3 games is a small sample size. The Bears are 3-0 against teams who's combined record is 1-8. The Texans are 0-3 against teams who's combined record will be 8-1.
Old 09-28-2020, 04:25 PM   #474
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hawks D has definitely struggled, no two ways about it. At the same time they've played some pretty damn good QBs and receivers. Dak has improved a ton and he has a lot of weapons. Matt Ryan can throw as well as anyone with Julio and Ridley. Newton looks great again and Edelman is still balling.

They need to clean it up for sure but the competition has been good too, add in the fact they are still figuring things out.

Now if they get shredded by Fitzmania next week, then its time to hit the panic button.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 05:41 PM   #475
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post
Hawks D has definitely struggled, no two ways about it. At the same time they've played some pretty damn good QBs and receivers. Dak has improved a ton and he has a lot of weapons. Matt Ryan can throw as well as anyone with Julio and Ridley. Newton looks great again and Edelman is still balling.

They need to clean it up for sure but the competition has been good too, add in the fact they are still figuring things out.

Now if they get shredded by Fitzmania next week, then its time to hit the panic button.
Well Seattle have 4 starting secondary players out as of yesterday after Adams hurt his groin in the game. And a DE, and Irvin the staring OLB we out, and then his replacement was hurt in the game, so not a surprise they got torched in the second half after those injuries and Dallas making adjustments.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 06:24 PM   #476
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Surprised the Ravens kicked a field goal there.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 09-28-2020, 06:27 PM   #477
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Too early. Get some points first, play from ahead .

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 06:32 PM   #478
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Or maybe 3 is not enough

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 06:33 PM   #479
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah. That's kind of what I was worried about. Gotta get 7 when you get in the red zone.

Hey, missed EP though, that helps.
Old 09-28-2020, 06:33 PM   #480
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Chiefs should always go fo 2. Butker is better from 50 plus than he is on the extra point.

Tags
covid xix