Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 05:57 PM   #221
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Makes the NDP look like hypocrites. If they were asked, Phillips and the rest of the party would tell you that their views on pipelines have changed and that is no longer true. However they want us to believe that Kenney can't change and all their smear and fear is right. They can't have it both ways.

The same applies to the UCP and their attack ads. Hypocrites also.

Thing is I heard someone say that there is a fine line between politicians and criminals. "Both will do whatever it takes to get what they want".
Old 03-24-2019, 06:11 PM   #222
Travis Munroe
Realtor®

Exp:

Seems a large population on CP is voting AP in spite of Kenney and would vote UCP if someone else was in charge.

Would you feel satisfied in your vote if by some freak chance the NDP regained control because of too much vote splitting between the AP and UCP? Or would you look back and regret your vote?

In other words, if you are voting for the AP, and you had 1 of 2 options, which would you choose?
UCP and Kenney in charge
NDP and Notley in charge

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 03-24-2019, 06:16 PM   #223
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

That is a weird question. I vote for the AP to win my constituency, why would i base my vote on who is in charge in light of my vote? If I want to vote AP because I like their platform and what they offer, I don't think about what Kenney or Notley is going to do for me as a result.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:17 PM   #224
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

There's no excuse for any Alberta political party of any stripe to be against pipelines, period. They had one good year, last year, fighting for Alberta and it glossed over a lot of their missteps earlier in their tenure even to people like me laser focused on pipelines. But lookong back now on their record earlier it's borderline unforgivable to have been ambivalent at best about NG. Awful.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:20 PM   #225
Dan02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Munroe View Post
Seems a large population on CP is voting AP in spite of Kenney and would vote UCP if someone else was in charge.

Would you feel satisfied in your vote if by some freak chance the NDP regained control because of too much vote splitting between the AP and UCP? Or would you look back and regret your vote?

In other words, if you are voting for the AP, and you had 1 of 2 options, which would you choose?
UCP and Kenney in charge
NDP and Notley in charge
The thing is though Kenney is in charge because he most represented the views of the UCP voters. Essentially you're saying people would vote UCP if they weren't actually the UCP.

Unfortunately, when they united they accepted the crackpot wildrose elements back into the party.

I just wish we could have a socially progressive, fiscally conservative party actually make some traction in this province. Instead we get the spend thrift NDP and the socially backwards UCP.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:29 PM   #226
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
That is a weird question. I vote for the AP to win my constituency, why would i base my vote on who is in charge in light of my vote? If I want to vote AP because I like their platform and what they offer, I don't think about what Kenney or Notley is going to do for me as a result.
Consider this:

If the CP online poll was an indication of how AB voters would vote, we'd have the same thing happen as did in 2015. The AB and the UCP would split the votes with Notley coming up the middle to win another term as Premier.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:29 PM   #227
Travis Munroe
Realtor®

Exp:

Quote:
Then the question doesn't apply to you.... it is for the large number of people who would have voted UCP if not for "Kenney"

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 03-24-2019, 06:31 PM   #228
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

You're not honestly worried about this happening are you?
Old 03-24-2019, 06:32 PM   #229
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Is that question directed at me?
Old 03-24-2019, 06:33 PM   #230
Travis Munroe
Realtor®

Exp:

Quote:
Again, my post states "by some freak chance".

You can't count anything out of the possibilities and measure up all scenarios.

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 03-24-2019, 06:35 PM   #231
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

UCP is poised to win, I am not sure the "freak chance" really is of any concern.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:40 PM   #232
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Also Sunday, Alberta Party leader Stephen Mandel promised to introduce a single provincial identification card that would replace the current drivers’ licences, health cards, provincial ID and the card necessary for buying hunting and fishing licences.
That's actually a great idea.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:57 PM   #233
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
UCP is poised to win, I am not sure the "freak chance" really is of any concern.
Danielle Smith and the WRP were poised to win 2011. Anything can happen between now and the day of the vote.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:02 PM   #234
Travis Munroe
Realtor®

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
I have no idea about the numbers but wouldn't this be taking revenue away from the government? These guys platform is all about give give give with no indication where they are going to get the money to give. Removing multiple cards is just another "give" in terms of government revenue imo.

For the record, I would love to have a single card for everything... it just makes sense to me why they don't already do it this way.

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 03-24-2019, 07:12 PM   #235
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I have no idea about the numbers but wouldn't this be taking revenue away from the government? These guys platform is all about give give give with no indication where they are going to get the money to give. Removing multiple cards is just another "give" in terms of government revenue imo.

For the record, I would love to have a single card for everything... it just makes sense to me why they don't already do it this way.
I don’t think there would be a loss in revenue. Without knowing the specifics on the AP’s plan one would assume you would still need to pay the renewal fees and such to maintain the permits covered by a single card they just wouldn’t need to issue you multiple cards, which should reduce the costs associated with issuing the permits.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:16 PM   #236
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

UCP and Kenney in charge
NDP and Notley in charge
I don’t think that choice would ever occur.

In order for the AP to win they would have to siphon votes off of both sides. As they became more popular in polling the NDP support would also have to drop as well. I see your scenario as so remote it’s not worth considering unless we see a province wide poll with the AP above 15%.

I think a more likely scenario is Kenny being forced to resign and an actual anti-abortion, anti-equality leader taking over and driving Alberta backwards. That’s not likely either.

The UCP made its choice to elect an unlikable leader. Kenny made his choice to run the Kamikaze guy, It appears that he either was incompetent in his oversite or complicit in the illegal funding of this candidate. These are things that the UCP and Kenny choose to do.

I as a voter have a certain minimum standard that regardless of the outcome I will not compromise on. If things go horribly as a result of these minimum standards that is not my fault. It is the fault of politicians not doing the bare minimum of doing a good job at covering up their unethical behaviour.

In answer to your question I take Notley. Kenny fails to meet my minimum standards.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:22 PM   #237
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Consider this:

If the CP online poll was an indication of how AB voters would vote, we'd have the same thing happen as did in 2015. The AB and the UCP would split the votes with Notley coming up the middle to win another term as Premier.
You are assuming that the AP votes naturally would go to the UCP. Perhaps that poll suggests that the AP and NDP are splitting the Center and Left votes with the Conservatives coming up the middle to win.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:23 PM   #238
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

The problem is, so should Notley.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 03-24-2019, 07:29 PM   #239
gasman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Is it actually?

Something like a drivers license might be handy, but I imagine logistics of having it accepted as photo ID outside of Alberta is suspect. So what's the point

And as far as his reference to Alberta health care cards, the paper cards do suck, but there is a super simple answer. Take a photo of it. Save it either in an album or in a specific card storage app.

And then we don't need to spend millions of dollars developing a provincial app.

The premise is sexy, but this is a stupid waste of money.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gasman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2019, 07:32 PM   #240
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
The problem is, so should Notley.
My standards aren’t that high to at least consider you so Notley is still in. More or less it’s dont #### with our democratic systems. I’m okay with policy disagreements but things like what Trudeau did and what it appears Kenny is involved with is a red line.
Closed Thread