Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2011, 12:46 PM   #161
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
Yeah the rumblings on the forums are saying the first wave was mainly press and fansites. As much as I want to play the beta knowing that the entire act can be completed in just over an hour makes me ok watching and waiting for release.
The beta only goes up to the Skeleton King, and he is not the end boss of Act 1.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:01 PM   #162
Icon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komskies View Post
The beta only goes up to the Skeleton King, and he is not the end boss of Act 1.
I also presume that the levelling rate (xp rate from kills/quests) has increased in the beta vs the release, in order to showcase more abilities.
Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:28 PM   #163
Leon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Awaiting a beta invite...

''The Phaneuf - Regehr pairing reminds me a lot of when I'm having sex with a new partner'' -malcomk14
''Not only is he a good player, but I enjoy his company'' -Pierre Mcguire on Phaneuf

"I'm only watching now for the chance to see brief close-ups of White's moustache." - rockstar
</br>
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:10 AM   #164
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Just watched the beta from IGN, my god have Blizzard ever made this game n00b friendly.

Stop releasing footage/information, like I said before, the more I say the more disappointed I become.

I mean, a teleporting rock that you can use when ever, red orbs drop from the ground that just give you and all your team health. One of the guy from IGN said he rarely uses potions because orbs heal him so much. WTF man. Who are they targeting, like 5 year old kids?

Last edited by 3 Justin 3; 09-22-2011 at 01:15 AM.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:56 AM   #165
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Play hard mode then come talk to me They said it would be noob friendly with an increase in difficulty. I understand what you are saying the game looks like it does everything but play itself but still looks fun as HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
Just watched the beta from IGN, my god have Blizzard ever made this game n00b friendly.

Stop releasing footage/information, like I said before, the more I say the more disappointed I become.

I mean, a teleporting rock that you can use when ever, red orbs drop from the ground that just give you and all your team health. One of the guy from IGN said he rarely uses potions because orbs heal him so much. WTF man. Who are they targeting, like 5 year old kids?
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:18 AM   #166
Hanni
First Line Centre

Exp:

I can see both sides.

In Diablo II you could experiment with the skill tree but once you used a point it was gone and you could really screw yourself for later in the game. Or you just look online and put points towards what some guide online told you to. I like the new way better, it gives you more options for skills. Also the addition of runes for skills allows to increase skills that you like.

The teleporting rock I could care less about, after a short time in Diablo II scroll of TP just became an annoyance if you happened to forget to refill your tome. But even then the scrolls were abundant enough they might as well have had this new feature anyway.

I agree with the red healing orbs dropped by mobs but also think Raekwon has a good point. Higher difficulty mobs will inflict more damage and until you kill them you will probably need to rely on potions. Also the beta looks like it likely on the easiest setting and may even be scaled back difficulty as the point of the beta isn't to give you a chance the play game but to test for bugs and make changes if necessary. Purely a guess but the difficulty might scale up with the actual release.

I also really like the unique loot and gold drops for each player that only you can see. No more mad clicking to try and get the best loot off a boss before someone else can steal it.
Hanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:39 AM   #167
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post

You know that they're playing the Diablo 2 equivalent of the Dark Woods or Black Marsh, right? This isn't Act 4 Inferno difficulty here, it's supposed to be easy at that point in the game.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:56 AM   #168
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanni View Post
I also really like the unique loot and gold drops for each player that only you can see. No more mad clicking to try and get the best loot off a boss before someone else can steal it.
But that was the most fun part; clicking like mad when a boss dies, opening your inventory and realizing the yellow or green item you thought you picked up was really just a white class pike.

Last edited by Meelapo; 09-22-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:09 AM   #169
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelapo View Post
But that was the most fun part; clicking like mad when a boss dies, opening your inventory and realizing the yellow or green item you thought you picked up was really just a white class pike.
No, it really wasn't.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:36 PM   #170
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
No, it really wasn't.
Added green text to my previous post.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Meelapo For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2011, 01:29 PM   #171
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

My sarcasm detector was broken, thanks for helping.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:16 AM   #172
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Boooo, release pushed back to early 2012
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:17 AM   #173
Icon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm surprised they released the beta when they did. Especially considering from watching the videos, there didn't seem to be many issues in the game at the moment.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:09 PM   #174
flambers
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Big shock, I bet its pushed back till late 2012.
flambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:02 PM   #175
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you guys are interested in seeing some Beta gameplay footage, check out "Husky Starcraft" on youtube. He has a complete play through of the beta from a wizard point of view that you can watch.
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:24 PM   #176
Icon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
If you guys are interested in seeing some Beta gameplay footage, check out "Husky Starcraft" on youtube. He has a complete play through of the beta from a wizard point of view that you can watch.
I liked Simon & Lewis' playthrough (http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpos...&postcount=156)... but this was a nice view of the Wizard class, as well as the character creation stuff.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:38 PM   #177
Leon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Apparently you'll be unable to make a quick exit out of the game for those who recall playing hardcore in D2.

''The Phaneuf - Regehr pairing reminds me a lot of when I'm having sex with a new partner'' -malcomk14
''Not only is he a good player, but I enjoy his company'' -Pierre Mcguire on Phaneuf

"I'm only watching now for the chance to see brief close-ups of White's moustache." - rockstar
</br>
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:48 AM   #178
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

One of the cinematics from the game. Probably the opening. Sort of 'spoiler-ish', I suppose.

WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2011, 03:06 PM   #179
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Blizzard's cinematics are amazing. I remember when D2 came out thinking to myself, "damn this is photorealistic" and my computer wasn't even that great. This one looks amazing.

Now you got me all excited again Blizzard.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:00 AM   #180
Flame Of Liberty
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
One of the cinematics from the game. Probably the opening. Sort of 'spoiler-ish', I suppose.

I can hardly get past Predator'mouth and Transformers shiny eyes, but a nipple piercing? Really?
Flame Of Liberty is offline   Reply With Quote