Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2014, 09:55 AM   #2221
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2014, 07:51 PM   #2222
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, I unfortunately reset the questline on my Barb so Im trudging through act 1 and I get Griswolds Scribblings (Craft Item for Griswolds Masterpiece apparently not available until the expansions release) and The Adventures Journal for Penders Purchase. I'm assuming these are going to be dropping like candy from now on though.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:07 PM   #2223
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have a couple of each since I have started playing again, so they are not overly plentiful.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:09 PM   #2224
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Kinda sad I took so long to try out the Witch Doctor now, he's one of the funnest classes in the game. With vampire bats and the fetish passive you can have your own mini army of knife wielding psychopaths running around which do a ton of damage when they gang up. Just wish they'd buff him up a bit to match the wizard, hard to stay with the WD at max level since the wizard flat out gets higher damage and far more survivability
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:11 PM   #2225
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathji View Post
I have a couple of each since I have started playing again, so they are not overly plentiful.
I've got 10 Adventurer's Journals, I'd say they're very plentiful
Old 03-20-2014, 12:32 AM   #2226
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Kinda sad I took so long to try out the Witch Doctor now, he's one of the funnest classes in the game. With vampire bats and the fetish passive you can have your own mini army of knife wielding psychopaths running around which do a ton of damage when they gang up. Just wish they'd buff him up a bit to match the wizard, hard to stay with the WD at max level since the wizard flat out gets higher damage and far more survivability
Yeah broke out my old WD again recently. Pretty hilarious running fetish army with fetish passive. Plus I spit out dogs and golem so I barely have to fight my own fights. I haven't played much with bats, but I use poison darts to get my mana up and spam corpse bomb everything.

I remember Zombears being a lot more powerful before. Feels like those got nerfed at some point. I was sad to find them not all that useful anymore. I loved those things!

Last edited by Teh_Bandwagoner; 03-20-2014 at 12:36 AM.
Teh_Bandwagoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:08 AM   #2227
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
Yeah broke out my old WD again recently. Pretty hilarious running fetish army with fetish passive. Plus I spit out dogs and golem so I barely have to fight my own fights. I haven't played much with bats, but I use poison darts to get my mana up and spam corpse bomb everything.

I remember Zombears being a lot more powerful before. Feels like those got nerfed at some point. I was sad to find them not all that useful anymore. I loved those things!
Firebats with the vampire passive removes the channeling cost. Couple that with the +20% dmg, +30% mana cost passive and the fetish passive, you're rolling around with a constant barrage of little #######s who hit quite hard. And I just picked up an off-hand that spawns a zombie dog every 4 seconds, so I'm constantly blowing them up with sacrifice and getting a +15% boost there as well. I literally double what my sheet DPS says when I'm rolling in-game
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2014, 04:11 AM   #2228
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Wow, so playing on my monk yesterday, my newest character, I was farming master trying to gear up and got Thunderfury at 1280dps.. So anyhow the dps jump was nice, but the damage and frequency of the lightening strikes is just UTTERLY NONSENSE. The range of it and damage is ridiculous, went to farming Torment 2 and laying waste to everything.

Even got another fist legendary and my monk in one night went from about 70k dmg to 120k dmg.

This weapon is just so nuts, it makes farming so much fun.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:12 AM   #2229
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

double post
Old 03-20-2014, 12:17 PM   #2230
Flaming Choy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I had brutal Key luck last night. Did Act 2 close to 20 times and only got 1 key. On the plus side i got the Hallowed Defenders plan and IK armour (unfortunately I already have that one)
Flaming Choy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:47 PM   #2231
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Choy View Post
I had brutal Key luck last night. Did Act 2 close to 20 times and only got 1 key. On the plus side i got the Hallowed Defenders plan and IK armour (unfortunately I already have that one)
Yep, but I wasn't quitting until you got one lol.

I need two more act 3 keys for two more inferbals and then maybe we can get a group together for some runs. Won't be on tonight or Friday or Saturday though, two jobs on the weekends
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2014, 01:00 PM   #2232
Shawnski
CP's Resident DJ

Exp:

Running through Hardcore with a DH for the last while. Beat Diablo just now and was blessed with THREE legendaries.
Shawnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 03:27 PM   #2233
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnski View Post
Running through Hardcore with a DH for the last while. Beat Diablo just now and was blessed with THREE legendaries.
Nice, any good ones?

Will be on tonight if anyone wants to help me get rid of these machines.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2014, 03:31 PM   #2234
secol
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

i wonder if pets proc the lightning....on a WD there would be tons of procs haha
secol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:00 PM   #2235
Shawnski
CP's Resident DJ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Nice, any good ones?

Will be on tonight if anyone wants to help me get rid of these machines.
All three were put to use for my (at that time) level 49 char and followers. Boots, ring and an ammy.

Had a couple dual drops in the past, but this was the first time that 3 fell at once.
Shawnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:54 PM   #2236
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I still like Wizard best, choose female and I feel like I'm playing Diablo with Azula.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:20 PM   #2237
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
I still like Wizard best, choose female and I feel like I'm playing Diablo with Azula.
My rule is that if the male character looks like a girl, I might as well make them female anyways. This applies to both the wizard and demon hunter
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2014, 09:54 PM   #2238
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I found some bracers that spawn a champion whenever I use a shrine, pretty cool.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:10 AM   #2239
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Firebats with the vampire passive removes the channeling cost. Couple that with the +20% dmg, +30% mana cost passive and the fetish passive, you're rolling around with a constant barrage of little #######s who hit quite hard. And I just picked up an off-hand that spawns a zombie dog every 4 seconds, so I'm constantly blowing them up with sacrifice and getting a +15% boost there as well. I literally double what my sheet DPS says when I'm rolling in-game
I think I'm too under geared for this build. Even with the dam boost I was getting eaten alive due to the close range required by bats. I did switch over to mana spiders though which has a similar effect with fetish army and went back to poison bomb. Works pretty good since I spawn dudes while gaining mana.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:36 AM   #2240
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
I found some bracers that spawn a champion whenever I use a shrine, pretty cool.
Those bracers were bugged in beta. Someone figured out if they made a macro that clicked the shrine really fast a bunch of times it would spawn multiple champions and they would get tons of legendarys and XP doing this.

It was fun to watch.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote