Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2023, 01:01 PM   #41
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Vikings win the division. They are due for a step back butbtheyre still a better team than the rest on the division.

Minny
Detroit
Chicago/GB
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 04:19 PM   #42
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Boy there's such an imbalance between AFC and NFC. I'm not sure the best NFC team makes the playoffs in the AFC.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 08:13 PM   #43
chummer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Boy there's such an imbalance between AFC and NFC. I'm not sure the best NFC team makes the playoffs in the AFC.
Haha what?? The Eagles, Niners or Hawks wouldn't make the playoffs in the AFC?

I'll take that bet.
chummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 11:08 PM   #44
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
Vikings win the division. They are due for a step back butbtheyre still a better team than the rest on the division.

Minny
Detroit
Chicago/GB
The Vikings were trash last year and got insanely lucky. And I don't see how they improved.

Getting beat by a bad Giants team in the playoffs tells you all you need to know about them.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 07:31 AM   #45
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

NFC sure looks weaker but both the Eagles and Niners are going to be excellent again.

Looking forward to the AFC North this season, I think it's going to be tight. Bengals, Ravens and Steelers are pretty much a toss up for me.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 08:15 AM   #46
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chummer View Post
Haha what?? The Eagles, Niners or Hawks wouldn't make the playoffs in the AFC?

I'll take that bet.
Eagles likely better than the Jags and but I don't see them being better than the Bengals, Bills, Dolphins, Chiefs, and maybe even Ravens. A lot went right for them last season and while they have a lot of talent I think Hurts has to prove he can bring it in consecutive seasons. They would be in a Wild Card mix. The Hawks are primed for regression and I'm not sold on Purdy so no I would not consider those teams even better than the Cowboys or Saints let alone the teams in the AFC. NFC is as weak as it's been in a long time and the good teams are benefitting from playing a lot of bad teams.
Old 09-04-2023, 11:34 AM   #47
Dentoman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Go Vikings!! I’m ready for another season of pain and a terrible secondary.
Dentoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 11:40 AM   #48
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

IIRC the AFC was 39-38 against the NFC last year.
Old 09-04-2023, 12:13 PM   #49
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
IIRC the AFC was 39-38 against the NFC last year.
Worse than that.

NFC was 41-39 vs the AFC. Although most damage was the NFC beating up the South to the tune of a 17-3 record. Although the AFC also held a 16-4 advantage against the NFC South.

AFC East was 10-10
AFC North was 15-5
AFC South was 3-17
AFC West was 11-9

The Chiefs/Bills/Bengals were collectively 13-2

NFC East 17-3
NFC North 11-9
NFC South 4-16
NFC West 9-11

The top 3 NFC teams Philly/San Franciso/Minnesota were also 13-2 in non Conference.

So on game day the Conferences seem pretty equal. Just that more AFC teams seem to have QB's who are 27 (Mahomes age) and younger set to be the next wave. Which sways opinions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2023, 09:08 AM   #50
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
The Vikings were trash last year and got insanely lucky. And I don't see how they improved.

Getting beat by a bad Giants team in the playoffs tells you all you need to know about them.
I cant chalk up 13 wins solely on luck, and while they certainly didnt improve Im not sure anyone improved drastically enough to swing that division.

The division is wide open though, I suppose and it truly wouldnt SHOCK me to see any team win that division, aside from Chicago
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 09:42 AM   #51
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
NFC sure looks weaker but both the Eagles and Niners are going to be excellent again.
Agreed, they'd be contenders in either conference. I think where the disparity especially stands out between the 2 conferences is at QB. Hurts is legit, but after him the next best QB in the NFC may be Dak Prescott.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 10:36 AM   #52
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Weird drama with Chandler Jones and the Raiders today. Something about the team contacting his ex, locking him out of the team gym, now he’s saying he won’t play for the coach or GM and can’t get a hold of anyone there. Always something with Hurricane Josh
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 01:50 PM   #53
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Weird drama with Chandler Jones and the Raiders today. Something about the team contacting his ex, locking him out of the team gym, now he’s saying he won’t play for the coach or GM and can’t get a hold of anyone there. Always something with Hurricane Josh
Him being locked out is almost not far fetched in that I'm sure the Raiders would love to have been able to cut him this summer but this illustrates the bad side of social media and why players or anyone in general should take a deep breath before having a social media meltdown. He's deleted his Instagram story but it's not a good look for him. The guy was accidentally locked out of the practice facility. First thing he does is call the coach and GM and when they don't get back to him immediately he melts down on social media calling out the GM and head coach.
Old 09-05-2023, 08:42 PM   #54
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1699060339831406692
Paulie Walnuts is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paulie Walnuts For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2023, 08:25 AM   #55
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Former Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Mike Williams has reportedly passed away following a construction accident. He was just 36 years old.

"Multiple sources have confirmed to me that former Syracuse and #Bills WR Mike Williams has passed away following injuries suffered during an accident while working at a construction site," Bills beat reporter Jon Scott reporter. "The Buffalo native was 36 years old."
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nfl...adfc8d417&ei=7
Old 09-06-2023, 10:23 AM   #56
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
I cant chalk up 13 wins solely on luck, and while they certainly didnt improve Im not sure anyone improved drastically enough to swing that division.
They went 9-0 in games decided by one score or less and had a -3 point differential for the season. That's about as lucky as you can get in a single season and usually indicates major regression for the following season (the Eagles also concern me in this department). Vegas has their O/U this year at 8.5 wins and I would not be surprised if the under hit.
Old 09-06-2023, 10:26 AM   #57
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
They went 9-0 in games decided by one score or less and had a -3 point differential for the season. That's about as lucky as you can get in a single season and usually indicates major regression for the following season (the Eagles also concern me in this department). Vegas has their O/U this year at 8.5 wins and I would not be surprised if the under hit.
Was going to post that, not a good team at all went 13-4 with a negative point differential which is pretty bad -3 or not.

They are in for major regression they are 6-7 win team.
Paulie Walnuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 11:15 AM   #58
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Eagles will probably regress a little, but the over seems very probable to me as they have a lot of winnable games on their schedule.
Old 09-06-2023, 12:49 PM   #59
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Eagles will probably regress a little, but the over seems very probable to me as they have a lot of winnable games on their schedule.
I'd probably take the under, tbh. 11.5 is high and the defense is very thin beyond the DL.
Old 09-06-2023, 02:05 PM   #60
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Big money for Bosa
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...fensive-player
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote