Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 11:51 AM   #13321
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

^ I thought you would have been happy with this diversion, being a big Jets fan and how he spoke highly of Scheifele.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:26 PM   #13322
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I am 99% sure Tavares has only the NYI. It will get done before UFA.
Well unless you're best friends with Tavares to state you're 99% sure of anything is a wildly foolish statement. Tavares himself may not be 99% sure of where he wants to go.

Statements like these are easily dismissed. You can't possibly know where Tavares wants to go. Don't pretend you do.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flames Draft Watcher For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2018, 12:33 PM   #13323
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
^ I thought you would have been happy with this diversion, being a big Jets fan and how he spoke highly of Scheifele.
I'm astounded how few people have Ricardow on ignore with what an obvious troll he is and how he has no aim other than to side-track discussions (though it is futile as everyone just quotes him anyway).

Also, not a Jets fan despite the name. It was made when there were no Jets. Gonna have to ad this to my sig so Texetric stops laughing at my continuously having to explain this.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoJetsGo For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2018, 12:38 PM   #13324
bigrangy
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I’ve got a bad feeling that the Flames are going to make a splash on draft day to try and land Tkachuk and some additional forward talent. If this happens, I think the packages should be something like:

From Calgary:

Hamilton
Dubé

From Ottawa

4th OA
Logan Brown/Colin White
J.G. Pageau

From Calgary

Hamilton

From Arizona

5th OA
Domi
Crouse

From Calgary

Hamilton
3rd 2019

From Detroit

6th OA
Mantha
Athanasiou

From Calgary

Brodie

From Chicago

8th OA
2nd 2018

From Calgary

Hamilton

From NYR

9th OA
Zibanejad

Go into next year with:

Gio-Hamonic
Kulak-Brodie/Hamilton
Valimaki-Stone

And add some forward talent that is sorely needed. Of course, if Brad thinks he can land Tavares that would be preferred but I’ve just got a feeling that this will be what happens. How do you like the value for these?
Old 06-03-2018, 12:45 PM   #13325
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
Well unless you're best friends with Tavares to state you're 99% sure of anything is a wildly foolish statement. Tavares himself may not be 99% sure of where he wants to go.

Statements like these are easily dismissed. You can't possibly know where Tavares wants to go. Don't pretend you do.
Ya except he has said multiple times he wants to stay with the NYI including in his year end comment during their final game. Everything points to him wanting to stay and I am 99% sure in MY OPINION it will get done. Why do you have to be such a jerk when you reply to posts? I was one of the posters that lobbied for your return as the draft approached because you had insightful knowledgable posts but since you came back you just come off as a grumpy jerk who is looking to stir the pot in every thread. Give it a rest.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:48 PM   #13326
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

To base an argument that Tavares is staying on Long Island because he's said that's where he wants to be - to NYI reporters sticking mics in his face on Long Island - is dubious at best.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:52 PM   #13327
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
To base an argument that Tavares is staying on Long Island because he's said that's where he wants to be - to NYI reporters sticking mics in his face on Long Island - is dubious at best.
Except he has brought it up without even being asked. He has made a life there and he wants to help the organization win. Now you I fully expect to try and stir the pot, you don't contribute in any other way. FDW at least actually is here to talk Flames hockey, not just cause chaos.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:55 PM   #13328
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm astounded how few people have Ricardow on ignore with what an obvious troll he is and how he has no aim other than to side-track discussions (though it is futile as everyone just quotes him anyway).
This is pure gold given who is posting this! Despite Ricardow's weird views that half the time I can't understand he actually has opinions on discussions, he is not just here to stir up the nest like you. You are nowhere to be found until a disagreement happens and then you will come in and stir the pot, careful not to step over the line. We all know your game man, you are not fooling anybody on here. Now the whole thread is sidetracked again. Anyhow I still am pretty sure JT will be a NYI.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:01 PM   #13329
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodw View Post
Picking today there would be a good chance that the centres would be McDavid, Schiefele Johansen, Stamkos and Crosby.

Some one like Brayden Point or Barzal could be too good to ignore.

Tavares/Toews/Bergeron would have to show more than they did over the past season. Which they very much might do.

Not hard to see Johansem and/or Schiefele as playing on the shut down role.

Schiefele won Gold at the 2016 World cup gold shutting down tourney MVP Laine in the Gold medal game.

Bergeron just had arguably the best season of his career... He's probably gonna win the Selke (if not, it would only be because of a shortened season) and he will definitely have some Hart votes. He would easily be on Team Canada if they had a tournament coming up. He may play wing at even strength like he has in the past, but he'd be the #1 pk center for sure.

Last edited by codynw; 06-03-2018 at 01:04 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to codynw For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2018, 01:03 PM   #13330
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
This is pure gold given who is posting this! Despite Ricardow's weird views that half the time I can't understand he actually has opinions on discussions, he is not just here to stir up the nest like you. You are nowhere to be found until a disagreement happens and then you will come in and stir the pot, careful not to step over the line. We all know your game man, you are not fooling anybody on here. Now the whole thread is sidetracked again. Anyhow I still am pretty sure JT will be a NYI.

I get that you like to attack me because of how angry you are that I've pointed out your exaggerated, unfounded hate for Brodie, but this is utter nonsense.

You are sure quick to go off topic insulting others with how full of rage your posts often are.

Lastly, it doesn't matter if Tavares brought it up or not, it's been the No. 1 question all year in New York, and if he's brought it up, it's to get out ahead of it surely being asked over and over ad nauseam.

It's fine to think he's going to stay in New York (he very well might), but as you do with the Brodie and Huska topics, you seem to ram your steadfast take down everyone's throats like it shouldn't be discussed because you feel so certain about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoJetsGo For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2018, 01:05 PM   #13331
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post

He's just picking the favorite so he can tell us I told you so if Tavares takes the path most travelled and re-igns where he's familiar. Really going out on a limb.

As for Tavares saying he wants to stay, what else is he going to say. His comments in that instance mean almost nothing.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:25 PM   #13332
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I get that you like to attack me because of how angry you are that I've pointed out your exaggerated, unfounded hate for Brodie, but this is utter nonsense.

You are sure quick to go off topic insulting others with how full of rage your posts often are.

Lastly, it doesn't matter if Tavares brought it up or not, it's been the No. 1 question all year in New York, and if he's brought it up, it's to get out ahead of it surely being asked over and over ad nauseam.

It's fine to think he's going to stay in New York (he very well might), but as you do with the Brodie and Huska topics, you seem to ram your steadfast take down everyone's throats like it shouldn't be discussed because you feel so certain about it.

I am just going to block you, you add nothing to discussions and just try to bait posters into infractions. Adios.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:28 PM   #13333
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
He's just picking the favorite so he can tell us I told you so if Tavares takes the path most travelled and re-igns where he's familiar. Really going out on a limb.

As for Tavares saying he wants to stay, what else is he going to say. His comments in that instance mean almost nothing.
I have said all along I think he will re-sign. Why is that a I told you so? If Tavares didn't want to stay he wouldn't say he wants to stay there or that he wants to stay and help the team win, he would just deflect the question or change the topic. There has been nothing to suggest he is not being genuine in his remarks.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:33 PM   #13334
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I bet you he wouldn't. An off year? He has been around a 60 point player for the past four seasons. Who does he bump out of Crosby, McDavid, Bergeron, Stamkos and that is just off the top of my head.
Bergeron played on Crosby's line as a winger in 2014, and I would guess that it's a safe bet that line would be together again.

Stamkos also played wing in 2014, and likely would again.

IIRC, something like 8 or 9 of the 12 forwards on TC were Cs, last time around, and I have no doubt the same thing would happen again.

I think it's a pretty safe bet that Toews is centering a line if TC were put together again in 2018.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:33 PM   #13335
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

The TSN hockey panel was mentioning Lamorello opening up negotiations with Tavares. Right now their advantage is that they can give him one more year.

I boldly predict that he like Stamkos will get to the courting period, and ultimately take the extra year the Islanders can offer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2018, 01:37 PM   #13336
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Bergeron played on Crosby's line as a winger in 2014, and I would guess that it's a safe bet that line would be together again.

Stamkos also played wing in 2014, and likely would again.

IIRC, something like 8 or 9 of the 12 forwards on TC were Cs, last time around, and I have no doubt the same thing would happen again.

I think it's a pretty safe bet that Toews is centering a line if TC were put together again in 2018.
Wouldn't it make more sense to have Bergeron take the faceoffs though, he is better than Crosby if I remember correctly. I really don't think Toews would make it, there are better options imo. He is not the player he was imo and has been passed by a few guys.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:38 PM   #13337
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I am just going to block you, you add nothing to discussions and just try to bait posters into infractions. Adios.
The funny part is I added a very basic and on-topic point about Tavares when you replied and attacked me for "adding nothing to the discussion" flying off the handle as usual.

Suggesting platitudes are proof he's set on re-signing couldn't be farther from concrete.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:45 PM   #13338
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Wouldn't it make more sense to have Bergeron take the faceoffs though, he is better than Crosby if I remember correctly. I really don't think Toews would make it, there are better options imo. He is not the player he was imo and has been passed by a few guys.
Whether or not Bergeron took the faceoffs is irrelevant to whether Toews is on one of the other lines or not.
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2018, 01:48 PM   #13339
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
I have said all along I think he will re-sign. Why is that a I told you so? If Tavares didn't want to stay he wouldn't say he wants to stay there or that he wants to stay and help the team win, he would just deflect the question or change the topic. There has been nothing to suggest he is not being genuine in his remarks.
Wanting to stay =/= staying. There’s obviously a desire to stay in NYI, but think about it this way: why hasn’t he signed yet? If it’s as simple as him wanting to stay, and NYI wanting him to stay, what’s the holdup? And whatever the holdup is, if it hasn’t gone away at any point in the last year, what makes you think it’s going to?

Again, it’s not about whether he’s genuine, it’s about whether his desire to stay is stronger than his desire to be elsewhere. He can want to stay and ultimately decide he wants another opportunity more. He’s also said he wants to test free agency, so what do you think would be the purpose of that if he only wants to stay?
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2018, 01:57 PM   #13340
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Wanting to stay =/= staying. There’s obviously a desire to stay in NYI, but think about it this way: why hasn’t he signed yet? If it’s as simple as him wanting to stay, and NYI wanting him to stay, what’s the holdup? And whatever the holdup is, if it hasn’t gone away at any point in the last year, what makes you think it’s going to?

Again, it’s not about whether he’s genuine, it’s about whether his desire to stay is stronger than his desire to be elsewhere. He can want to stay and ultimately decide he wants another opportunity more. He’s also said he wants to test free agency, so what do you think would be the purpose of that if he only wants to stay?
Can you provide a link where JT says he wants to go to free agency? I never saw that.
Closed Thread