Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2023, 05:39 PM   #6301
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does anyone know what a reasonable price is for a set of Taylormade Aeroburner irons (pw-5) in good condition?
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 05:53 PM   #6302
CarlLester
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Does anyone know what a reasonable price is for a set of Taylormade Aeroburner irons (pw-5) in good condition?
You can google PGA trade in value guide. Can find canadian versions too. Then you can enter in all the club info and it will give you a starting point. Then make your own adjustments for condition, private sale,etc
CarlLester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 05:58 PM   #6303
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post
New irons today. Got the Taylormade P790's. Excited to hit them.
My son had them a couple years and loved them. Switched to p770s this spring because his shafts were getting too light and flexy and loves them too.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 10:39 AM   #6304
RussianSpy
Draft Pick

What’s the experience like at Modern Golf in Calgary. Can I just walk in and demo clubs like Golf Town - or do they only do fittings? I’m a lefty and struggling to compare specific putters head to head before ordering - essentially none of the Golf Town’s or my home course have both to demo. I know the specs I will order, just want to roll them both.
RussianSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 03:17 PM   #6305
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

They only do fittings, as far as I'm aware. You have to book a time. It's not really a shop, you don't walk around and see things on racks that you could take up and buy. Haven't been there in quite a while though.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2023, 06:09 PM   #6306
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Got my first Eagle of the year on the par 5, 10th hole at Nanton. I hit a good drive followed by a #4 hybrid where the ball landed left of the bunker in front of the green and lastly a 56 degree wedge to the green, where the ball landed and rolled up into the hole. We celebrated with a double round of birdie juice
Old 05-28-2023, 12:10 AM   #6307
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nice one! I have never got an eagle; must feel great.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 08:05 AM   #6308
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Got my first Eagle of the year on the par 5, 10th hole at Nanton.
Attaboy Dion! Great job.

Almost had my third albatross a couple weeks ago. 480 yard uphill par five that had a really friendly pin placement at the bottom of a mound in the green. Bombed a drive and then stripped a six iron just right of the pin. Played it to use the mounding as backing and watched as the ball started coming back to the pin and then disappear behind the stick. Our foursome went nuts because we thought it went in. Drove up to see it about 15 inches behind the flag for the kick in eagle. Hearts were pounding.

Would just like to say that golf is hard, and I mean really hard, so kudos to everyone that sticks with it. It can be an emotional rollercoaster. I've been preparing for a trip to Alabama (six more sleeps!) and trying to get the game in tip-top shape to play some RTJ golf. Coming into yesterday my previous 20 rounds had only seen a single score outside the 70s and that was an 80 back in early May. That even included a round at Bali Hai in Vegas using rental clubs (78). Friday I had a crazy day of ball striking and putting and carded par. Was on an absolute high and feeling really positive about my game. Go out yesterday in the A flight of our mens group and completely #### the bed, shooting 82 and hitting nothing with any authority. I saw parts of the golf course the designer did not have on the architectural drawings. Now I'm packing my travel kit and I have to find enough room for that doubt that is now sneaking into the back of my mind. Golf is hard. Really really hard.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2023, 05:20 PM   #6309
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

All this golf talk is depressing me. Tennis elbow (torn tendon) is keeping me on the IR, likely for most of the summer. I had high hopes for golfing this year after a really bad 2021 and 2022. I'll have to live through everyone's stories in this thread.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 06:23 PM   #6310
Rutuu
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny_McDonald View Post
Attaboy Dion! Great job.

Almost had my third albatross a couple weeks ago. 480 yard uphill par five that had a really friendly pin placement at the bottom of a mound in the green. Bombed a drive and then stripped a six iron just right of the pin. Played it to use the mounding as backing and watched as the ball started coming back to the pin and then disappear behind the stick. Our foursome went nuts because we thought it went in. Drove up to see it about 15 inches behind the flag for the kick in eagle. Hearts were pounding.

Would just like to say that golf is hard, and I mean really hard, so kudos to everyone that sticks with it. It can be an emotional rollercoaster. I've been preparing for a trip to Alabama (six more sleeps!) and trying to get the game in tip-top shape to play some RTJ golf. Coming into yesterday my previous 20 rounds had only seen a single score outside the 70s and that was an 80 back in early May. That even included a round at Bali Hai in Vegas using rental clubs (78). Friday I had a crazy day of ball striking and putting and carded par. Was on an absolute high and feeling really positive about my game. Go out yesterday in the A flight of our mens group and completely #### the bed, shooting 82 and hitting nothing with any authority. I saw parts of the golf course the designer did not have on the architectural drawings. Now I'm packing my travel kit and I have to find enough room for that doubt that is now sneaking into the back of my mind. Golf is hard. Really really hard.
It really is the grind and the payoff of a great shot. Good luck on your trip through 'Bama.
Rutuu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rutuu For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2023, 10:54 AM   #6311
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Played Inglewood yesterday; apparently my brain deleted the data about how to hit my driver so I'll have to go figure that out again... back 9 was fine. But the biggest problem I had was how little sand there was in the greenside bunkers. As in almost none. As in I dug in an inch and a half at one point and cut through a root. Not cool... And it's not like it's a budget course.

Unrelated, has anyone played Lynx Ridge lately? Someone said a few weeks back that the greens were pretty rough to start the year, has it gotten better?
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 11:39 AM   #6312
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

If hard golf is consistently shooting in the 70's with and occasional bad round in the low 80's; sign me up for purgatory.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 03:32 PM   #6313
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just finished my annual trip with the boys. I have a place in Radium and a buddy rents another, so we have 12 or so. Played Copper, a double round at Springs and Grey Wolf (which eats me up every time I play it for some reason).

Last edited by GioforPM; 05-29-2023 at 03:50 PM.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 08:16 PM   #6314
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Heard copper is awful this year. Any truth to that?

I played last year and it was good.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 08:25 PM   #6315
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Heard copper is awful this year. Any truth to that?

I played last year and it was good.
Seemed OK to me. Eagle was terrible last year (plus they have the worst attitudes) so we skipped it. Springs was in terrific shape and Grey Wolf wears OK (it’s so touristy it gets hacked up more, like Banff Springs, but it was pretty good this time).
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2023, 08:29 PM   #6316
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Agreed on eagle. Springs was fantastic last year too.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 08:38 PM   #6317
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Springs has always been the best conditioned course out there IMO. Agree that Grey Wold is too touristy so it gets chewed up more. Eagle Ranch is always in kind of rough shape early season from the times I've played it early season.
Old 05-29-2023, 09:37 PM   #6318
indes
First Line Centre

Exp:

Well after my 92 I've played two 9s and shot a 58 then a 50.

It feels like I forget how to swing a club every game lol. Sometimes I just walk up and am hitting them clean, other times I'm the mayor of Duff city.

Such is the quest of golf I suppose!
indes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 11:01 PM   #6319
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Springs has always been the best conditioned course out there IMO. Agree that Grey Wold is too touristy so it gets chewed up more. Eagle Ranch is always in kind of rough shape early season from the times I've played it early season.
My annual thing is always this time of year and Eagle always has a bunch of winger kill. But there’s so much I think they don’t protect it enough and it lasts a long time. Their front desk is unfriendly and their food is way expensive, which is the main reason we avoided it.

OTOH, aside from trying to aggressively push people through, Grey Wolf was nicer than before. And they no longer green tape their beer cans.
Old 05-29-2023, 11:54 PM   #6320
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM;8726210.

OTOH, aside from trying to aggressively push people through, Grey Wolf was nicer than before. And they no longer green tape their beer cans.
Who drinks beer out of cans on the golf course?

Tags
net5 , punch out , royal boulder , tpc fox hollow