Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Leagues and Games > Calgarypuck Hockey League
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2021, 10:55 AM   #1
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:
Thumbs up Players Of The Week G9-G14

PLAYERS OF THE WEEK

1st Star
Defenceman Alex Goligoski led the CPHL in scoring this week recording 7 assists in 3 games with the New York Rangers. recording multiple-point games vases the Flyers, Capitals and Hurricanes in helping run a 3-0 record for the Rangers

2nd Star
Rangers forward Reilly Smith totalled 3 goals for 6 points to earn 2nd star in POTW honours. Smith was able to score at least a goal in all 3 games plus having multi-point games against the Flyers and Hurricanes

3rd Star
Artemi Panarin netted 3 goals with 2 helpers as the Islanders limped along to a 1-1-1 record. His 5th goal of the season was the glitching 4th goal in a 4-0 clubbing to the Capitals in the Islanders only win this week. His +5 was second among Islanders and had a team-leading 15 shots
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hanna Sniper For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2021, 10:55 AM   #2
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:

POTW Notes

- Changed up the image as I wanted to include all 3 stars. Still a work in progress, but I'm not going to worry about getting it perfect to start. I have many weeks to get to the end result. Such as I'm missing Games Played. Rather than re-doing everything, I'll just adjust as we go on.

- Although I am only listing 3 players for Players of the Week, I am in fact giving year-long POTW points to 10 players a week. I'll be keeping these totals to hopefully have an end-of-the-year list of top players. <maybe award an MVP, top defenceman type thing

- Who gets 1st to 3rd is all subjective and only for show. Meaning, if 3 players all had 10 points this week I would still have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd but overall the 3 players all earned the same amount of POTW points for the year-long totals

- Although as of right now only point leaders have taken the star's when numbers start jumping out at me like huge +/-, GWG, or any other dominating standout. I'll be recognizing that and rewarding those just as much

- Each week all stats for each player in each game are taken, after the week they are not kept

- While our games being sim'ed daily , on a regular week I will be totalling the games at the end of the Mondays games and then posting POTW on Tuesdays. It takes time to do, so this allows me after Monday's games to get started with totalling the stats and making the images for the next day. If we have no sim days, I'm not sure yet what I will do with a shortened week

Last edited by Hanna Sniper; 10-26-2021 at 11:00 AM.
Hanna Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hanna Sniper For This Useful Post:

Tags
cphl potw