Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2019, 08:53 AM   #1721
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

About time they started firing or permanently denoting some of these officials for gross incompetence.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 09:00 AM   #1722
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cardiff might lose millions of dollars from that shocking ref performance. If they get relegated by threee points or less they should sue him and the FA/EFL for damages. Also Chelsea are abysmal, Sarriball is unwatchable.
Old 03-31-2019, 09:47 AM   #1723
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bobby with all the time in the world there.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 10:20 AM   #1724
nixon45
First Line Centre

Exp:

One of the worst Chelsea performances of the year. Not deserving of those 3 points in any way. Sarri needs to gtfo his selections and playing style are beyond terrible.

I feel really bad for Cardiff.
nixon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 11:24 AM   #1725
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

We seriously have to win the league this year, it could be a long time before we see as much luck as we've had this season.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 11:24 AM   #1726
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks Spurs....for being Spurs.

TOBY!!!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 03-31-2019, 11:32 AM   #1727
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Liverpool didn’t deserve that win at all. Just completely lucky for them and disappointment for Spurs. I thought we outplayed them by a lot in the second half. Hopefully that play continues though as we should get a boost with the new stadium this week.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 11:34 AM   #1728
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Liverpool didn’t deserve that win at all. Just completely lucky for them and disappointment for Spurs. I thought we outplayed them by a lot in the second half. Hopefully that play continues though as we should get a boost with the new stadium this week.
We totally didnt. It makes an effort to make up for all of your cheap dives to get penalties and suck points out of us.

Old 03-31-2019, 11:50 AM   #1729
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
We totally didnt. It makes an effort to make up for all of your cheap dives to get penalties and suck points out of us.
Lol, that’s particularly amusing because we had more fouls and the yellow card. The truth is Liverpool just isn’t that good and their luck has papered it over.
Old 03-31-2019, 11:55 AM   #1730
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Lol, that’s particularly amusing because we had more fouls and the yellow card. The truth is Liverpool just isn’t that good and their luck has papered it over.
Sorry man, we needed you to score on yourselves because we didnt have Ol' Arry or Alli to dive in the box for us.

Old 03-31-2019, 12:24 PM   #1731
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Imagine Liverpool getting all this luck and still not winning the league. If not now, it's never happening. Of course since it's Liverpool the most likely scenario is being top going into the final game, and having the most catastrophic luck ever cost them the title.
Old 03-31-2019, 12:47 PM   #1732
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
If not now, it's never happening.
LOL. You sure do love the dramatics. Good call, this will be Liverpool's last chance at silverware for the rest of time.
Old 03-31-2019, 12:51 PM   #1733
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Imagine Liverpool getting all this luck and still not winning the league. If not now, it's never happening. Of course since it's Liverpool the most likely scenario is being top going into the final game, and having the most catastrophic luck ever cost them the title.
Yeah. From the jaded 'I know too much about sports to actually support anyone in particular so I'm just going to be the cynical outside observer.'

Really? Who cares man? Its just England and the Premier League. Manchester United have won it like a million times and they suck. Nobody cares.

Its all about the Champions' League.

Didn't you know?

Old 03-31-2019, 01:08 PM   #1734
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Chill View Post
LOL. You sure do love the dramatics. Good call, this will be Liverpool's last chance at silverware for the rest of time.
You literally say the same thing except you say "a long time" and I say "ever". You've won a good 8 points on pure dumb luck, not even factoring in the points from dodgy officiating. Liverpool have also had much better injury luck than City too. Everything has broken your way. It's been a blessed year. Might have many cursed years after to balance it out.
Old 03-31-2019, 01:13 PM   #1735
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You literally say the same thing except you say "a long time" and I say "ever". You've won a good 8 points on pure dumb luck, not even factoring in the points from dodgy officiating. Liverpool have also had much better injury luck than City too. Everything has broken your way. It's been a blessed year. Might have many cursed years after to balance it out.
How long have you been watching this sport? How about points lost on the exact same dodgy officiating? Or pure dumb luck that goes the other way?

Thats why they play all the games.

I dont know why I'm even trying to explain this to someone who doesnt care.

Old 03-31-2019, 01:19 PM   #1736
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
It's very different to say the luck won't come like this again versus Liverpool will never win again.

There is absolutely no reason to be negative about where Liverpool are as a club right now, even if we don't win the league this season.
Old 03-31-2019, 07:13 PM   #1737
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
Norwich looking good!

Seventh win in a row puts them seven points clear of third with seven to play.

Decent run in too with all but the last game (away to Villa) against teams in the bottom half of the table.

Going to be a dogfight for the last two playoff places. Seven teams still in it for the final two spots.
Leeds can start falling like a rock, anytime now.

Also, Lloris, is the second most overrated keeper out there, after Courtois. And my god do United need a top CM.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 07:40 PM   #1738
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
Yeah, amazing how much I've enjoyed their choke jobs in the last few years.
My ideal scenario is Forest beating them in the final.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2019, 07:44 PM   #1739
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post

Also, Lloris, is the second most overrated keeper out there, after Courtois. And my god do United need a top CM.
I’m about done with Lloris. It should be Gazza##### getting some game time at this point, because he’s earned it and looked pretty good. I know it won’t happen because Hugo’s the captain, but I just feel like he’s done as much as he can for us.

I also think that goal today isn’t on Alderweireld. There are some blaming him, but I just feel like he has no expectation that Hugo would spill the ball right into him and just had no chance to control it or get a foot in it before it trickles in. Just bad luck.
Old 03-31-2019, 07:46 PM   #1740
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah but what about all them times they've been unlucky with the weather, or dry pitches. Or where United's injuries screwed up their game plan.

All evens out.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post: