Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2018, 08:48 PM   #101
IamNotKenKing
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass_nerder View Post
I think the person counting shots in Sunrise has been taking lessons from the shot counter at the Staples center.
Cassie referenced that after the 2nd, too. Said she wasn’t sure how the Panthers got 20 (actually 19) shots in the second...
IamNotKenKing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IamNotKenKing For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2018, 08:49 PM   #102
icarus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Don't want to get too ahead of ourselves but if we can sweep Vegas this season we could take first in the division conceivably.... just some blue sky thinking.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:51 PM   #104
Bezer
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Bezer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bezer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2018, 08:53 PM   #105
SOMBRI2
First Line Centre

Exp:

Remember the three head monster a couple seasons ago? I would like to give props to Treliving for trading away Lack to subtly admit the mistake and bring up Rittich. Could you imagine Lack was still our backup? Would we be where we are now?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
SOMBRI2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SOMBRI2 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2018, 08:59 PM   #106
CedarMeter
First Line Centre

Exp:

We have a back up goalie. He was awesome tonight. Well done.
CedarMeter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CedarMeter For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2018, 09:00 PM   #107
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOMBRI2 View Post
Remember the three head monster a couple seasons ago? I would like to give props to Treliving for trading away Lack to subtly admit the mistake and bring up Rittich. Could you imagine Lack was still our backup? Would we be where we are now?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Was it a mistake or insurance? Having a cheap Vet to allow you to see what you got in the AHL with your young goalies and get them off to good starts before calling one of them up seems like good management rather than a mistake.

Does Ritich play as well without the AHL warm up to get him into the season and again. To come in cold off the bench?
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2018, 09:08 PM   #108
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Cool! I thought I was the only one that looked exactly like my avatar.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:09 PM   #109
fire_starter
First Line Centre

Exp:

Fridays are for the boys!
Old 01-12-2018, 09:11 PM   #110
Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Frankly, I'd like to see Rittich more often. Have complete confidence in him. Think the team does too.

Last edited by Makarov; 01-12-2018 at 09:14 PM.
Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Makarov For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2018, 09:13 PM   #111
Karl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yes. More Rittich would be good to see. He deserves it.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:18 PM   #112
mivdo
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Yes. More Rittich would be good to see. He deserves it.
Also, Smith deserves a bit of a rest. Keep him fresh for later in the season.
mivdo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mivdo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2018, 09:22 PM   #113
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to PeteMoss For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2018, 09:23 PM   #114
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Old 01-12-2018, 09:31 PM   #115
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCaper View Post
Way to go Flames. Pretty sure I just saw Cali Panthers Fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Haha they showed Cali shrugging his shoulders to his wife at the end!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
Haha. Just saw CaliFlamesFan right after the buzzer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
Hey! I just saw a Cali Panthers fan!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
I believe we might have a Cali Panther Fan sighting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royle9 View Post
He said we'd see him, he was right!!! (will take down if you want Cali)
Confirmed. This is me in all my Swanson-esque glory.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 119 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
-TC-, 18YrOldSamBennett, 3thirty, 420since1974, 442scotty, Allos, Anduril, ASP#26525, aznazz, bax, bc-chris, belsarius, ben voyonsdonc, Benched, Ben_in_Canada, Bezer, blender, Boo Radley, Brouhaha, Burner, c.t.ner, Calgary4LIfe, calgarybornnraised, calgaryboy, camm13, carom, chemgear, christoph186, chummer, ColoradoFlamesFan, Completely, CrazyCaper, CroFlames, csnarpy, Cycling76er, devo22, Dion, direwolf, dissentowner, Domoic, drewtastic, Duffalufagus, DynamRyan, DynastyEra, EldrickOnIce, Eric, Erick Estrada, Finger Cookin, Fire in the disco, Flacker, Flambé, FlameFan21, Flamesfan2010, flamesfever, FlamesNation23, flame^thrower, foshizzle11, Gaskal, Gaudreau is a Ninja, GreenLantern2814, handgroen, HitterD, HockeyPuck, icarus, Inferno099, J79, jaikorven, Jetfire, jg13, Karl, kbvall, kirant, klikitiklik, Maritime Q-Scout, memphusk, Mightyfire89, mikephoen, MrMike, Mustache, Nage Waza, nemanja2306, nwflamesfan, old-fart, OldDutch, oldschoolcalgary, Phaneuf_Phan, Plaedo, Poe969, PostandIn, Puppet Guy, Radio, rayne008, rogermexico, Rubicant, schteve_d, Scornfire, shadowlord, sicsun, SmoggyFlamesFan, Split98, StAlbertFlame, Steveyoto, stone hands, StrykerSteve, surferguy, taxbuster, The Hendog, the2bears, TheScorpion, Thor, Toonage, trublmaker, tvp2003, UKflames, Ullr, Vinny01, wwkayaker, Yoho, You Need a Thneed
Old 01-12-2018, 09:35 PM   #116
handgroen
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Confirmed. This is me in all my Swanson-esque glory.
there's a gif as you were on camera for a while, AC i'm looking at you

also would you consider a user name change back to cali flames fan?
i ask cuz this is how i know you

is your cat doing singing?
handgroen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to handgroen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2018, 09:35 PM   #117
flamesforcup
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaskal View Post
Seems they've been gun shy ever since "Thanksgate" last night. They're also still in a middle of a game with AZ too, so they're distracted by that.
Lol i even got an infraction for that from an Oilers mod on my HF account. What a joke
flamesforcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:45 PM   #118
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Woot woot! 6 in a row, just awesome.

Rittich was very solid, thought hamonic was also really good all night.

Tkachuk is such a great player. I can't wait to see him battle in the playoffs over the course of his career.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:47 PM   #119
Flacker
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Looking good Flames. I don't miss the second guessing, and pant pooping that typically shadowed our third periods. You can see their confidence growing.

These guys are awesome on the road, 5 regulation loses, Boston tied with 4 less road games. Only 14 points from perfect on the road at the midway point!

If they can make it as hard for teams on home ice, Vegas better look out.
Flacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flacker For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2018, 09:48 PM   #120
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

If anyone wanted to know what we were staring at, there was an incident between a Flames fan and Randy Moller who is the man between the benches for the Panthers. After the empty net goal, this Flames fan got a little exuberant because of all the free alcohol available to him by being in the Club Lexus section. This fan decided to express his joy by hammering like crazy on the glass next to the Flames bench screaming "#### yeah boys! Came all the way from Calgary for this one! ####ing rights!" To which Moller turned around, gave him the stink eye, and shook his finger indicating that the fan shouldn't do that or anything like it again. The drunk fan then flails his arm, losing his watch over into the area that Moller is standing in. Moller can't hear the fan calling out to him to get his watch, so the fan reaches through the small hole in the glass used to speak through and grabs Moller by the shoulder. Moller pivots and cocks his fist like he's ready to beat the crap out of whoever is touching him. The fan starts saying "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I just lost my watch down there", pointing to the area Moller is standing in. Moller looks down, finds his watch, and then tosses it on the ice. He then turns to the fan and says "that's what happens when you act like an a**hole". Then one of the Panthers players (Mackenzie Weegar I believe) sees the watch on the ice, skates over and picks it up, and brings it back over to the fan. Immediately following this, Moller has a conversation with about 6 other Panthers players as to what just happened.

Never seen anything like that from a broadcaster. I was fascinated by the exchange.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 132 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
#22, 3thirty, 420since1974, 442scotty, 81MC, AC, Anduril, ASP#26525, atb, Barnet Flame, bax, bc-chris, belsarius, Ben_in_Canada, Brouhaha, Burner, Calgary4LIfe, calgarybornnraised, calgaryboy, camm13, CaptainYooh, carom, christoph186, chummer, combustiblefuel, Completely, corporatejay, CrazyCaper, Crispy's Critter, CroFlames, Cycling76er, davidus_49, Delthefunky, Demaeon, devo22, Dion, dissentowner, Domoic, Draug, drewtastic, dying4acup, DynamRyan, EldrickOnIce, FBI, Finger Cookin, fire_starter, Flacker, FlamesFanInOilCountry, flamesgod, FlamesNation23, Flamezzz, flame^thrower, flizzenflozz, Gaskal, handgroen, Hanna Sniper, Hey Connor, It's Mess, HockeyKhan, Huntingwhale, IamNotKenKing, icarus, IgiTang, IgnitedSoul, indes, Inferno099, Insufficient Funds, Itse, Iveman, jayswin, Jetfire, jg13, jschick88, JurassicTunga12, Karl, kbvall, KipperRules, kkaleR, Knut, KootenayFlamesFan, Lanny'sDaMan, Loudog, Maritime Q-Scout, Mightyfire89, MikePatton, MrMike, Mustache, Nage Waza, Nehkara, nemanja2306, oldschoolcalgary, Pellanor, Plaedo, Puppet Guy, Radio, rayne008, Reggie28, Reign of Fire, Rubicant, Samonadreau, Sask_Flames_Fan, savardandjokinen, Savvy27, schteve_d, shadowlord, shogged, sicsun, Split98, ssjshmo, StAlbertFlame, Stan, Star-Lord, Steveyoto, StrykerSteve, surferguy, taxbuster, ThaBrink, Thor, Toonage, TopChed, topfiverecords, Trailer Fire, tvp2003, UKflames, Ullr, WinColumn, wookster, wwkayaker, Yrebmi, YYC in LAX, zamler, ZedMan, Zevo