Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2018, 10:50 AM   #41
CedarMeter
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anyone watch the Tortorella post game interview? What a baby. Could you act like professional, John.
CedarMeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:08 AM   #42
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Capitals loved playing on the road as 3 of their wins in the series were in Columbus. Talk about visitor ice advantage as the home team won just once.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:54 AM   #43
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarMeter View Post
Anyone watch the Tortorella post game interview? What a baby. Could you act like professional, John.
Has to be frustrating when you are a franchise that's never won a playoff series and you end up coming home for games 3 & 4 with a 2-0 series lead only to lose four in a row. Really the only reason the series was close was because of Grubauer's poor play in games one and two.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:13 AM   #44
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

I almost feel bad for Bobrovsky. He did everything he could, but the Caps were just too strong.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 10:50 AM   #45
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarMeter View Post
I watched it. What are you referring to? He was fine. Obviously not pleased to be out, but who can blame him.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 12:58 PM   #46
CedarMeter
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I watched it. What are you referring to? He was fine. Obviously not pleased to be out, but who can blame him.
My post was from April 20th. It was after the 4-1 loss.
CedarMeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:09 PM   #47
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
I almost feel bad for Bobrovsky. He did everything he could, but the Caps were just too strong.
But his playoff record is terrible. Something like 5-15 lifetime, below 900 sv % and allowed more than 3 goals against in all 6 games.

Edit:

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 04-24-2018 at 01:11 PM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 12:29 PM   #48
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
Bobrovsky could take this Jackets team all the way.
"Could".
Old 04-25-2018, 12:50 PM   #49
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

He hasn't fared well in the playoffs for sure but you can't fault him this year because he was amazing and the only reason it was close.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 12:55 PM   #50
Steve Bozek
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
But his playoff record is terrible. Something like 5-15 lifetime, below 900 sv % and allowed more than 3 goals against in all 6 games.

Edit:

I think playoff save percentage (even for a goalie that's clearly a good one) would be affected by the nature of the difference between the quality of the skaters on the playoff teams he faces and his own. If Bobrovsky and the BJs had to play an 82 game schedule against the Caps, I'd be very surprised if his save percentage would be as good as it was during the past regular season. It seems to me, that his team has been overmatched in most of the playoff series it has appeared in, and hence his save percentage has suffered.
Steve Bozek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 01:04 PM   #51
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I think there's a lot of blame to go around but at the end of the day his playoff stats are terrible and his last 12 games have been consistently brutal.

Scoring usually goes down in the playoffs, not up. So for his stats to be so inflated it says that CBJ is either severely overmatched in every single series they've ever played (possible but unlikely) or Bob's performance just hasn't been up to his regular season standard (even if his team consistently underperforms right along side him).
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 01:29 PM   #52
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum PEI View Post
Didn't realize Ovechkin has only skipped the World Championships twice in his career. He's getting roasted pretty hard on social media because of it.
This is confusing to me. During an active playoff series, he said he wont play in the W.C if he is eliminated? What a weird question to ask, if so.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 02:01 PM   #53
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I think there's a lot of blame to go around but at the end of the day his playoff stats are terrible and his last 12 games have been consistently brutal.

Scoring usually goes down in the playoffs, not up. So for his stats to be so inflated it says that CBJ is either severely overmatched in every single series they've ever played (possible but unlikely) or Bob's performance just hasn't been up to his regular season standard (even if his team consistently underperforms right along side him).
With nothing to back this up except my hockey knowledge, Bob kept that series close. He play out of his mind the first 5 games, and was very solid in game 6 too. Without Bob, I say that series is a sweep or 4-1.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote