Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-24-2020, 01:29 PM   #1701
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh yeah even with Brees, I had an L penciled in next to KC week 14 haha. But with a 2.5 game lead on the division now and Tampa having KC up next, it may not even matter by then if Saints lose to KC.

And yeah true about Hill > Winston at this point, within this offence, I agree. I just know how dynamic Winston can be, in spite of the horrible decision making (which I'm hoping Brees/Payton can help correct). Its been a while since Brees was going deep, and with speedsters in Emmanuel Sanders, Tre'Quan Smith and Deonte Harris, I think it'd add an extra element to the O not present with Brees.

That and Jameis seems like he's fit in with the Saints locker room SO well..always clowning around with them and dancing post-game, and he genuinely seemed super excited for Taysom on Sunday. Between being a great team guy and the calculated risk he made to go to NOLA for only $1 million, I want it to work out for him, and him to get his bag..even if its elsewhere and he can become their problem.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2020, 02:49 PM   #1702
Saint Troy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I don't know man. They beat a sad sack Falcons team that had major offensive line issues protecting Ryan. Payton is probably the 2nd best game planner in the league after Reid and teams simply don't have much film of Hill throwing the ball. In time teams will figure him out and he will either sink or swim. I don't think he's a long term viable starting QB for the team but Payton knows more about football than I do so who knows.
Fair enough, I thought he was excellent, likely has a 300 yd passing game but for a Thomas drop and holding call taking away a 50 yd TD pass. Wether it continues, who knows but he was certainly more dynamic than Bridgewater was at any time last year, and I love Teddy.

Saint Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 02:54 PM   #1703
Saint Troy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Oh yeah even with Brees, I had an L penciled in next to KC week 14 haha. But with a 2.5 game lead on the division now and Tampa having KC up next, it may not even matter by then if Saints lose to KC.

And yeah true about Hill > Winston at this point, within this offence, I agree. I just know how dynamic Winston can be, in spite of the horrible decision making (which I'm hoping Brees/Payton can help correct). Its been a while since Brees was going deep, and with speedsters in Emmanuel Sanders, Tre'Quan Smith and Deonte Harris, I think it'd add an extra element to the O not present with Brees.

That and Jameis seems like he's fit in with the Saints locker room SO well..always clowning around with them and dancing post-game, and he genuinely seemed super excited for Taysom on Sunday. Between being a great team guy and the calculated risk he made to go to NOLA for only $1 million, I want it to work out for him, and him to get his bag..even if its elsewhere and he can become their problem.
I give Bridgewater all the credit in the world for creating an awesome culture in that room, all the desire to see Winston play is a direct result.

Saint Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Saint Troy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2020, 10:43 AM   #1704
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Remember Mike Glennon?

https://twitter.com/user/status/1331650892467220482
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 11:01 AM   #1705
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Steelers-Ravens postponed until Sunday.

second time the Steelers have to bite the bullet because of Covid outbreaks at other teams. No real bye week this season, now they don't get the mini-bye either. Can only hope they stay ahead of the Chiefs to get that 1st round bye.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 12:13 PM   #1706
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
You know your season has gone horribly bad when Glennon is starting because the guy ahead of him wasn't getting it done.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 01:00 PM   #1707
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't really get it.

Minshew should be the guy but he's not really ready to return from injury yet.

But how does Glennon playing make more sense than Luton when you're already 1-9. Luton had one good game, one okay game, and one horrible game as a rookie 6th round pick.

Might as well see if he can bounce back opposed to just benching him after the 4 INT game.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 01:03 PM   #1708
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
I don't really get it.

Minshew should be the guy but he's not really ready to return from injury yet.

But how does Glennon playing make more sense than Luton when you're already 1-9. Luton had one good game, one okay game, and one horrible game as a rookie 6th round pick.

Might as well see if he can bounce back opposed to just benching him after the 4 INT game.
It's Doug Marrone. No sense trying to read too much into it. He's just a bad coach.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2020, 01:13 PM   #1709
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Jaguars are one Jets win from Lawrence. If the Jets butt fumble themselves into that win, then Glennon is the Jags best bet to draft Lawrence.
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 01:18 PM   #1710
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Imagine you're Trevor and you are either going Jags or Jets. I'd either return to school or go Eli on them.
Old 11-25-2020, 01:31 PM   #1711
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Holy crap, Glennon is still in the league? The things you learn on a Wednesday...
trackercowe is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to trackercowe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2020, 02:02 PM   #1712
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
The Jaguars are one Jets win from Lawrence. If the Jets butt fumble themselves into that win, then Glennon is the Jags best bet to draft Lawrence.
Boy, there is a real good chance that the Eagles end up with the 4th or 5th overall pick. Just looking at the standings/schedules now, and I have a hard time seeing them win another game. Meanwhile all of the 3-win teams in front of them should win another game, maybe with the exception of Atlanta.

Time to see what Hurts can do so they know if they need to draft a QB or not.
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2020, 02:50 PM   #1713
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Imagine you're Trevor and you are either going Jags or Jets. I'd either return to school or go Eli on them.
Honestly if I was him I would pull an Eli Manning. There's almost no chance he ever meets his potential in either two of those organizations. There's really no downside as the NFL is too high-stakes for a team to draft a player 1st overall and watch him sit out for an entire season.
Old 11-25-2020, 02:50 PM   #1714
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
Steelers-Ravens postponed until Sunday.

second time the Steelers have to bite the bullet because of Covid outbreaks at other teams. No real bye week this season, now they don't get the mini-bye either. Can only hope they stay ahead of the Chiefs to get that 1st round bye.
No doubt first place is worth a lot more this year than ever due to only one team getting that bye. If you don't get it, you will be be playing a decent team that can win the game in round one. I'd much rather have a bye than have to play any of the potential Wild Card teams that first week even if it means getting a potentially lesser opponent in the next round. I strongly believe that the Dolphins winning that game in New England in the last week of last year and giving KC the bye was huge for them in ultimately winning.
Old 11-25-2020, 02:54 PM   #1715
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Boy, there is a real good chance that the Eagles end up with the 4th or 5th overall pick. Just looking at the standings/schedules now, and I have a hard time seeing them win another game. Meanwhile all of the 3-win teams in front of them should win another game, maybe with the exception of Atlanta.

Time to see what Hurts can do so they know if they need to draft a QB or not.
I believe the Raiders would have drafted Hurts if he made it to the 3rd round. Apparently he blew them away in the interview process and they think he can play QB in the NFL. The problem is once you bench Wentz it's probably over for him as the starter for the organization and they can't realistically cut him until at least 2022 and I don't see any team trading for that contract given how bad he's been this season. I personally feel the best course would be to stay the course with Wentz this season and not throw Hurts into the fire when the team is such a mess as it is today then have him hopefully ready to push Wentz next offseason.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 11-25-2020 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-25-2020, 02:54 PM   #1716
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Honestly if I was him I would pull an Eli Manning. There's almost no chance he ever meets his potential in either two of those organizations. There's really no downside as the NFL is too high-stakes for a team to draft a player 1st overall and watch him sit out for an entire season.
Plus it's his best chance to force a trade to a better organization. The Jags and Jets could just as well be in the same place next year, and Lawrence also takes the injury risk in going back to school. The leagues too competitive for teams to intentionally keep a guy like him out of the league on principal.

That said, I expect the Jets will have a new Management in place to try and appeal to him....even if it's the same problem owner.
Old 11-25-2020, 03:32 PM   #1717
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I believe the Raiders would have drafted Hurts if he made it to the 3rd round. Apparently he blew them away in the interview process and they think he can play QB in the NFL. The problem is once you bench Wentz it's probably over for him as the starter for the organization and they can't realistically cut him until at least 2022 and I don't see any team trading for that contract given how bad he's been this season.
I think a team like the Colts might trade for him after this year. Reich coaxed Wentz's best year out of him and they have a tonne of cap space. Why not take a shot at him?

Quote:
I personally feel the best course would be to stay the course with Wentz this season and not throw Hurts into the fire when the team is such a mess as it is today then have him hopefully ready to push Wentz next offseason.
If you have a top-5 pick in what projects to be a very good QB class, you have to find out what you have already. Especially with the NFC East being so bad. Even another bad year from Wentz in 2021 could still yield an NFC East title, which would have them picking in the late teens in 2022. It's just not worth taking that risk.
Old 11-25-2020, 03:54 PM   #1718
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Steelers/Ravens moved to Sunday.

What's the point of even watching tomorrow?
Old 11-25-2020, 06:36 PM   #1719
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Steelers/Ravens moved to Sunday.

What's the point of even watching tomorrow?
Because it's one of the last days you can go to a bar and get wasted with your buddies?
Old 11-26-2020, 06:46 AM   #1720
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I think a team like the Colts might trade for him after this year. Reich coaxed Wentz's best year out of him and they have a tonne of cap space. Why not take a shot at him?

If you have a top-5 pick in what projects to be a very good QB class, you have to find out what you have already. Especially with the NFC East being so bad. Even another bad year from Wentz in 2021 could still yield an NFC East title, which would have them picking in the late teens in 2022. It's just not worth taking that risk.
They have a lot of money into Wentz and used a 2nd round pick on Hurts. Thats a lot of capital already invested in one position on a roster that badly needs an infusion of talent on the offensive side of the ball. The only way I can see it feasible is if they can trade Wentz but the free agent market will have guys like Cam Newton, Winston, and Trubisky available and sad to say but at this stage I'm not sure Wentz is better than any of them. Reich taking a flyer on him is really the only hope the Eagles have as I don't see another team trading for that contract.

Tags
covid xix