Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-22-2019, 02:18 PM   #21
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Great ceremony last night, glad they brought in Dobes, McRae and Duch.

Tough loss, but when they can't put it away in overtime with a two man advantage not sure they deserved to win. Happy to see Marshall King get a couple of goals, he's looking like a great pick. Colorado was all over Jesse all night. Never seemed to get a good look. I'm still a huge Salama fan, I think he is just going to keep getting better. Currier played well too I thought.

Not sure what to say about the reffing. A few Colorado players seemed to hit the turf at the slightest touch. Kinnear is a Calgary kid, but I'm not a fan of his game at all.

We'll see how they fare on the back to back next weekend. At least we have a few decent pieces to rotate in.
InglewoodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 07:15 AM   #22
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

That penalty on Salama was as bad a call as I have ever seen. Reffing was suspect but agreed, if you get a 2 man advantage in OT and cant score, you deserve to lose. Looking forward to game next weekend.
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 11:10 PM   #23
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Roughnecks win in San Diego tonight 16-11. Bit of a tight travel situation as they fly out just after noon, and get back in Calgary around 5:30 for tomorrow's game.
Which is why it's an 8 pm start.
Old 12-28-2019, 04:03 PM   #24
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Hopefully the PA announcer loses his idiotic schtick from the home opener tonight. The usual over the top stuff is fine, but it was beyond irritating listening to him whine about how blatantly good goals by Colorado should have been called back, or how really obvious penalties to Calgary should not have been called. Or, the whispered announcement of Colorado goals. You're not edgy dude. You're a childish tool.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 06:29 PM   #25
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Hopefully the PA announcer loses his idiotic schtick from the home opener tonight. The usual over the top stuff is fine, but it was beyond irritating listening to him whine about how blatantly good goals by Colorado should have been called back, or how really obvious penalties to Calgary should not have been called. Or, the whispered announcement of Colorado goals. You're not edgy dude. You're a childish tool.
Prepare for disappointment. That is pretty much Mookie every game. I for one enjoy his style, he's a blatant homer and he gets the energy going.
The Following User Says Thank You to InglewoodFan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2019, 11:23 PM   #26
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

PP lets the roughnecks down again. 5 minute power play and not even a sniff. Hope Jesse King is ok after the boarding call. CDB might want the last goal back but he is fantastic, offense is missing Dobbie
Old 12-28-2019, 11:38 PM   #27
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I think King injured his shoulder, judging by the way he was holding his arm coming off. Our offence is definitely struggling without Dobbie and then no J. King. Currier stepped in and played pretty well. Poor game by Callies, he just seemed off all night. Our D got bailed out by CDB a bit too often. Officiating was a bit uneven but didn't favour one side over the other. I'm starting to worry about the abuse Dickson is taking going to the net, every year older he gets that has to be adding up. A bit surprised they didn't try to work Tyrrell in one of the back to back games.

If we can hang in the standings until we get Dobbie and likely Duch back in late Jan/Feb we should be in good shape.

Seeing the Wings was a bit of a treat for this lacrosse nerd. Three top PLL players on the same team - Rambo, Baptiste and Riordan. We worked in a PLL weekend to our summer vacation this year, just love the field game. Baptiste is such a faceoff beast. Burton took three out of the first five i think, then he just got eaten up. Riordan is ridiculous - plays field goalie, except when he plays attack in the all star game and scores three. And plays forward in the NLL. And Matt Rambo is one of my fave players of the last few years, thrilling to watch.

PLL is a very different game from NLL, but if you've never seen a game check it out next summer. Sportsnet carries a few games.
The Following User Says Thank You to InglewoodFan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2019, 11:43 PM   #28
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

didnt know much about most of Philly's players but you are right, Baptiste is a beast out there on the faceoffs. It was interesting to see a team we never get to see.
Old 12-29-2019, 09:29 PM   #29
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodFan View Post
Prepare for disappointment. That is pretty much Mookie every game. I for one enjoy his style, he's a blatant homer and he gets the energy going.
Nah, I get that. But he dialed it up to about 12 that first game and went full cringe.

Also, lol at the difference last night being the result of getting a delay of game penalty to start the game because of the NLL's crap scheduling.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:58 PM   #30
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Couple of bad second halfs in a row, the home game against Halifax was really not good. 60 or so shots on Delbs, can't fault him too much. Bit of a scary moment in the fourth, thought he might have pulled something lower body. Was laboring running back and forth to the bench in the dying minutes. Haywire (Herreweyer?) played well, I think we picked him up for nothing. Missing Dobbie and J. King. No Marshall King last game was a bit of a disappointment. Salama remains a fave, tons of hustle. Dickson still giving it his all, but the defense can really key on him without having to worry about the right side. Fantastic game by Pace.

Have given up goals on some absolutely brain-dead changes the last couple of game. Embarrassingly bad. Our defense didn't seem to communicate well, lots of missed coverage.

And now another week off, not making excuses but this schedule is terrible. So many weeks off, the team just isn't gelling. I think we have 5 games in 3 weeks in March.

Halifax plays a pretty hard-nose game, and keep the pressure cranked up until the opposition starts to show cracks.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:14 AM   #31
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

This is quite possibly the worst professional sports schedule I have ever seen. The 'Necks never seem to play two weeks in a row. And then March will be frantic. I know they schedule around building availability, but this is getting a little ridiculous. Not sure how the team is supposed to gel.

Riptide game was a convincing win, but they are not a great team. Their defense was abysmal. Doesn't bother me one bit to see Buque get lit up, still hate him for ending Leung's career.

Dobbie back next week, will see how much rust is on him. Kinda bummed not to be seeing more Marshall King this season, thought he was doing decent. Dickson has picked it up nicely vs last season, Salama remains one of my fave players. He had a bunch of family in the crowd last week, including what I have to assume was his mom in a custom "Salama Mama" jersey.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InglewoodFan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2020, 02:48 AM   #32
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Roughnecks have been doing great this season and hopefully they’ll maintain that undefeated streak going into this Saturday’s game against the Vipers. Poor Viper fans, they’ve just realized so early on that they’re the last place team already

Walker has just been nothing but impressive so far
Scorch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 10:53 PM   #33
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

went to the game tonight. very disappointed at the quality of the refing. that being said, the Necks needs to play better. cant be just Dobbie
Old 03-01-2020, 12:15 AM   #34
cavalera403
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Can’t play a full 60 min game and that won’t win you games, that being said the officials continue to prove they are incompetent. If Bell goes to the box for his horse collar tonight there should be no less than 3 penalties to the seals for doing exactly the same to Dickson.

The no goal call is right but if the goalie is a panic stumbles and pushes the net way off the line what is the definition of excessively dislodged? How can the officials discretion be counted on when they can’t call the basic rules objectively, or on the 5 min major and 2 min minor call when it took 4 officials what seemed like 5 min to decide who got possession when both teams had their right players out and positioned the first time.

From the NLL rule book
“ Rule 54: GOAL SCORED DEFINITION
A goal is scored when the ball passes from the front completely through the57imaginary plane formed by the rear edges of the goal line, the goal posts and the crossbar of the goal, regardless of who supplied the impetus. In the event that the goal is knocked over or excessively dislodged at the discretion of the official, the official will stop play immediately.
54.1 GOAL NET INADVERTENTLY MOVED - If the goal is inadvertently moved by contact from a defensive player or goalie and the offensive team is in possession and in position for a shot on goal, the officials will not stop play provided the goal has not been excessively dislodged until either the defensive team gains possession or the scoring attempt has ended. The plane of the goal does not move, it is an automatic goal providing the ball goes through the plane of the goal. (Refer to rule 93.4)
54.2 GOAL NET INTENTIONALLY MOVED - If a goalie or a defensive player intentionally moves the goal to thwart a scoring opportunity, as per the ‘excessively dislodged rule’ play will be stopped immediately and a penalty shot will be awarded to the non-offending team. If an offensive player intentionally moves the goal off its moorings, a minor penalty shall be assessed for unsportsmanlike conduct.“
cavalera403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 11:44 AM   #35
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was a tough call but the right one. The goalie didn't dislodge the net on purpose and the shot was clearing to the left of where the post would have been.
Right call. No question about it.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2020, 11:51 AM   #36
showtime
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
It was a tough call but the right one. The goalie didn't dislodge the net on purpose and the shot was clearing to the left of where the post would have been.
Right call. No question about it.
Right call, but I'm not sure why possession goes to the Seals there. Seems silly they get the ball in that scenario.

The noncall on Dickson in the last 8 seconds was ridiculous. The reffing was terrible. The ref who wore 44 especially.
showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 02:48 PM   #37
cavalera403
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Ref 44 and 21 are a blemish on the league, watching out of market games on B/R some of the officiating out East looks night and day to these tools
cavalera403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 10:11 AM   #38
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

NLL has suspended play. No word from Roughnecks on ticket refunds or anything yet.
Old 03-12-2020, 01:45 PM   #39
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

I'd already set up a group buy for the end of the month. I figure they are getting slammed with calls today, but I'm going to call tomorrow to see about getting that canceled.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:31 AM   #40
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1247918035853246464