Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-20-2018, 11:09 AM   #41
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
I'm looking forward to an Asuka / Ronda match. If that feud is built up properly, people will forget Asuka's losses and look at this as a legitimate match between two incredibly talented women.

I don't think that those two are a good match, they really aren't.

I would expect that the next competitor for Ronda will be Nia Jax, and then they'll do some kind of belt vs belt with Charlotte.

I also expect that Bazler will come up soon and start destroying girls.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:25 AM   #42
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I don't think that those two are a good match, they really aren't.
I think they really are, actually. One is an MMA fighter turned wrestler, and the other is an experienced wrestler that uses Japanese Strong Style.

Everyone knows they're the two most bad-ass women on the roster. I think that is a match that will absolutely be a hit in the future.
Muta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:04 PM   #43
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Le sigh
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:05 PM   #44
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's how you do a Shield reunion! So much better than the last one.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:10 PM   #45
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah it was good, but the whole thing was kind of laughable.

Roman comes out, I'm a fighting champion bra, I'm the big dog, I'm going to defend against everyone.

Backstage, Brock Lesnar wants to enact his rematch clause, you know something that's been honored for ever. Nah.

Then Roman who again is getting boo'd out of the building fights and beat Balor and again is getting boo'd out and Braun comes out to challenge him. So the WWE stacks poor Rollins and Ambrose with the king of suck, the two move chump so he can get popularity and they destroy Strowman.

So clearly he's not really a fighting champion unless he's fighting basically a cruiser weight.

Oh and I get there's a faction war on with the woman and Alexa Bliss is now Steph's side kick?

Old 08-20-2018, 11:52 PM   #46
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

The problem I have with The Shield is its to get Reigns over. It’s essentially fake cheers for Reigns. And again Braun looks like a failure.

I would have preferred Braun winning then Reigns snaps and attacks Ambrose and Rollins turning him heel. Give him till WM or SS then turn him face. But here we are. Reigns are a boring face who only gets over because of his friends.

Vince needs to go. As much as I hate HHH he knows how to make a show enjoyable
Old 08-21-2018, 03:22 PM   #47
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

It was funny and a bit sad, I re-watched the Bliss Rousey match last night (which only took two minutes), and I have to give credit to Rousey, she did an outstanding job of protecting Bliss, especially on those slams on her neck.

Bliss did a great job of selling someone who really was the bully who got her butt kicked and had the poop scared out of her.

When I got home from practice last night I put on Raw, the beauty of a three hour show is you can fast forwad through a lot of it.

When they did the ceremony for Rousey where they had the girls standing around the ring and Ronda came into the ring and you looked at the girls it was funny because you really noticed Natty who was beaming like a proud mother and other girls like the Bella's and Dana Brook who had a smile on her face. So you'd think that all of the faces would be happy and all of the heels would be angry.

but when you looked at Sasha and Bayley, they looked positively sour, you just felt their inner workings of "She's surpassed us, and we might fight for a title, but the title is really out of reach now."

Old 08-21-2018, 04:07 PM   #48
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
but when you looked at Sasha and Bayley, they looked positively sour, you just felt their inner workings of "She's surpassed us, and we might fight for a title, but the title is really out of reach now."
Them as a heel duo working together against the "Face" Rousey could be a very good, and profitable program if the WWE decided to go that route.

Almost like the Jericho vs. Benoit vs. Angle fued for the IC title that pushed all those guys to a higher level in 2000.

That fued also had Jericho and and Benoit as on again/off again frenemies throughout that fued even tag teaming together at times.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 04:23 PM   #49
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I think the original plans were for the four horsewoman of wrestling to face the four horsewoman of MMA at Evolution. But watching last night that might have changed. I mean frankly we have Becky Lynch and Charlotte heading into a feud so that is probably a no go.

It looks like we're going to have some kind of faction battle with Stephanie on one side and a lot of the heels and Rhonda and friends on the other side.

So right now that splits up into

Heels - Stephanie (Leader) - Alexa Bliss, Alicia Fox, Liv Morgan, Micki James, Ruby Riot and Sarah Morgan

Faces - Ronda Rousey (leaser) - Bayley, Dana Brooks, Ember Moon, Natty, Nia Jax, Sasha Banks

So we know a couple of things, Stephanie knows that she doesn't have the monster to beat Ronda, she hinted at that last night with wanting Ronda to be above the other girls and to beat them down. So she's going to need her own vicious version of Ronda, a MMA fighter who can go into the ring and break arms and end careers, but who ever could that be? So Stepnaie brings in Shayna Bazler. Now we need one more good possible feud so what if Steph manages to recruit up Marina Shaffir, while Rhonda gets Jessamyn Duke both of whom are getting rave reviews from NXT.

so now we can have a faction vs faction ppv

Dana Brooks against Alicia Fox

Sasha Banks, Ember Moon against the Riot Squad in a Texas Tornado Match

Micki James vs Nia Jax

Nattie takes on Lita in a legends match

Alexa Bliss vs Trish Stratus

Duke vs Shafir

Special NXT Title match Kari Saine vs Lacy Evans

Ronda Rousey vs Shayna Bazler

On the smack down side

Becky Lynch vs Charlotte in a hell in a cell.

The Bella Twins vs the Iconics

Mandy Rose and Sonya and Carmella take on Asuka, Lana and Naomi (Asuka turns and kills everyone)

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 08-21-2018 at 04:27 PM.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:19 PM   #50
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love WWE's logic.

Roman Reigns: Gets booed out of every arena but can't turn him heel for reasons.

Becky Lynch: Arguably one of the most popular faces in the country. Better turn her heel in the dumbest way possible.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2018, 07:25 PM   #51
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I love WWE's logic.

Roman Reigns: Gets booed out of every arena but can't turn him heel for reasons.

Becky Lynch: Arguably one of the most popular faces in the country. Better turn her heel in the dumbest way possible.
I was thinking the same thing. Even after her promo the fans were still cheering for her.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:35 PM   #52
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Even after her promo the fans were still cheering for her.

And they will keep doing so. That promo they gave her was dog ####, and she still delivered it magnificently. They'll do a double turn on her and Charlotte before October, I'd put money on it.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 09:11 AM   #53
FireFly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wait, Alicia Fox is back? And the Bellas were in the ring with Rousey? So they must be ready for a comeback too then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
If edmonton wins the cup in the next decade I will buy everyone on CP a bottle of vodka.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:23 AM   #54
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah, the Bellas have pretty much glued themselves to Rousey, because they like started the woman's evolution, but now Nikki is totally sad because she didn't marry John Ceeana.

I used to give credit to the Bellas, they were never great in the ring but they worked hard to improve as much as they could. But they're just like annoying.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:30 AM   #55
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly View Post
Wait, Alicia Fox is back? And the Bellas were in the ring with Rousey? So they must be ready for a comeback too then?
They did announce a mixed match in Hell in the Cell between DB/Brie and Miz/Maryse.
agulati is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:09 AM   #56
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

If I never saw the Bellas again on WWE TV I wouldn't complain. The level of wrestling and current brand has surpassed them IMO. If it wasn't for D-Bry and Cena they wouldn't even be near the product and instead still just be on Total Bellas (which is a terrible show also).
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:27 AM   #57
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Oh I agree. But it just seems like they're everywhere right now, and clearly somehow they're fairly popular. But the honest truth was that there are two wrestlers that got the ball rolling on this evolution, and that AJ Lee and Paige, but its unlikely that AJ will ever get credit for her role in it. Sasha Banks and Bayley's match came right from the give Diva's a chance thing.

Old 08-24-2018, 02:47 PM   #58
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Vince McMahon is 73 years old today. Safe to say his in ring career is long over but would love to see him involved in a story line again.
albertGQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 03:04 PM   #59
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'd like to see him take a back seat and hand some of the creative duties to someone else. At 73 and a billionaire go enjoy life.

Old 08-24-2018, 03:14 PM   #60
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Waiting for the day where Triple H has more creative control over RAW and Smackdown. NXT and 205 Live are noticeably different in terms of atmosphere and in-ring action. The main roster guys have been shielded from doing their own things and expanding their move sets for decades now.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote