Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-21-2020, 05:27 PM   #2561
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
Owen Hart. One Lethbridge in Lethbridge he came to the ring with his hair done like Ed Grimley. Davey Boy couldn't keep a straight face when he looked at Owen.

Another show Owen was put into a Boston crab and he was pretending to to be bored and smoke a cigarette while the guy who had in in the crab was giving it his all to hurt Owen.

It was Bret, Mick talked about that being Owen's thing in his book to get under Bret's skin at house shows, and one night Bret really set in on the sharp shooter to try to make Owen poop himself.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 10:05 AM   #2562
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1330376713063211009
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 08:26 PM   #2563
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Well that seems really final. I expected a twist with the undertaker retirement with one more match with the Fiend. But this feels entirely final.

Really cool moment for Paul Bearer as well.

Amazing career.

Old 11-22-2020, 08:33 PM   #2564
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

What did they do?
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 08:44 PM   #2565
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
What did they do?

Under taker came out and made a really brief speech and said it was time for the Undertaker to rest in peace. He dropped to his knee and we got I think a hologram of Paul Bearer with the "Ohhhhhh YessssS".

Then Undertaker left.

Felt really final. No Fire Fly funhouse or anything like that.

Over all though this wasn't a good ppv event. For the most part the WWE brand is really stale and it showed with a bunch of matches that were no better then Raw matches. The Woman's SS match was pretty good until they killed it with a gimmicky ending so Lana won.

The Reigns vs McIntyre with some really good heel psychology by Reigns, but it wasn't like Man that was an amazing match.

WWE really needs some help. Right now, it just feels like the Woman are carrying things emotionally, there's no decent mid or undercard, and it all seems the same.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2020, 10:16 PM   #2566
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have given up watching WWE for years now because it just wasn't draeing me in. I'd see it was on and I'd tune in and quickly tune out.

AEW was drawing me on for a bit, but I've lost interest in that one too.

With The Undertaker now officially gone, I think I'm completely done bothering with WWE until it gets a tonne of hype and popularity again. I won't hold my breath.

I'll give AEW a chance again sometime.

Right now I'm enjoying watching old matches and segments.
Old 11-23-2020, 11:22 AM   #2567
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm surprised I didn't see more love for reigns and McIntyre

I thought it was one of the best matches of the year, and looking online I'm not alone

It's proving that Roman and drew are in their right spots, Roman works so much better as a heel and drew as a face

If we don't get Roman and the rock at WrestleMania, which with no fans seems not likely, I'm guessing it's a rematch of these two
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 01:19 PM   #2568
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
I'm surprised I didn't see more love for reigns and McIntyre

I thought it was one of the best matches of the year, and looking online I'm not alone

It's proving that Roman and drew are in their right spots, Roman works so much better as a heel and drew as a face

If we don't get Roman and the rock at WrestleMania, which with no fans seems not likely, I'm guessing it's a rematch of these two
I've heard the plan is still for Orton to get the strap back and face Edge, maybe Drew moves to Smackdown?
Old 11-24-2020, 10:20 AM   #2569
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

This had me chuckling this morning. MJF is social media gold:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1331285564201570311
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2020, 11:14 AM   #2570
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
I have given up watching WWE for years now because it just wasn't draeing me in. I'd see it was on and I'd tune in and quickly tune out.

AEW was drawing me on for a bit, but I've lost interest in that one too.

With The Undertaker now officially gone, I think I'm completely done bothering with WWE until it gets a tonne of hype and popularity again. I won't hold my breath.

I'll give AEW a chance again sometime.

Right now I'm enjoying watching old matches and segments.
Honestly I usually tape Raw and Smackdown and do a lot of fast forwarding, there's a few storylines that have really hooked me

The Fiend Alexa Bliss - Bliss has been awesome in the role, and plays damaged evil really well. I liked the psychology of what she and Nicki tried to do last night. Bliss just knocks it out of the part in anything she does.

I really like the Fiend, though they're trying to make him a bit of an avenging face. The Funhouse is just so demented, that I love watching it RIP Friendship Frog.

Roman Reigns - He's knocked it out of the park as a heel, he really has, everything is smart and has Heyman's creative prints all over it. Love that they added submissions to his move set.

The Hurt Business - It just plain works, its made Lashley interesting.

I do the same with AEW, I record it and whip through some things. I just don't know, they have a good roster, but it leaves me wanting more. They have some good matches, but the roster mix is too bloated. I still think they need to take the book away from Khan. I just don't like a lot of his reliance on goofy stuff. At least they're booking Tay Conti into star material. But Jericho, I'm just losing interest in, and Omega is just really lacking at times.

I'm still an NXT fan, mainly because the in ring stuff itself is so strong. Some of the storylines fall flat with me, but if I want to watch really intense physical wrestling its there.

That Rhea match from last week, is in my mind up for match of the year.

But yeah, for me its a downtime for wrestling, both AEW and WWE really need stronger booking.

Couple of other things.

That Lana Chronicle is must watch. The stuff she's gone through in the last year is amazingly hard to watch.

The Undertaker BSR 2 - Is an amazing interview, it touches on the second fall by Mick Foley through the cage. The confrontation between Brock and Taker at UFC. Its pretty plain in that interview that he's done. While he loves the business and would love to keep going he can't. And he doesn't want to be the guy that walks out to the ring for 10 minutes, does a choke slam and then walks to the back. Oh and the pyro story just grabs your attention.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2020, 11:33 AM   #2571
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

How do we see Taker's BSR2 interview? I don't pay for WWE's subscription.
Old 11-24-2020, 11:42 AM   #2572
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Not sure, if its on the free version of the channel.

Old 11-24-2020, 11:45 AM   #2573
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I kind of think AEW is streaky. They were lights out right before COVID, and then had bit of a downturn after that. The matches in throughout the summer suffered from the humidity in Jacksonville but the booking between Double or Nothing and All Out was mostly good. Then there was a bit of a lull between All Out and Full Gear, but Full Gear was solid and the Dynamites since Full Gear have mostly been good.

I expect there to be another bit of a lull now with Mox heading off to Japan soon to do Wrestle Kingdom, but I have confidence that the work heading into Revolution will be pretty good. Revolution 2020 was one of the best wrestling PPVs I can remember in a while (prior to that I'd probably say maybe NJPW Dominion 2017), so the 2021 show has big shoes to fill.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2020, 05:17 PM   #2574
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I kind of think AEW is streaky. They were lights out right before COVID, and then had bit of a downturn after that. The matches in throughout the summer suffered from the humidity in Jacksonville but the booking between Double or Nothing and All Out was mostly good. Then there was a bit of a lull between All Out and Full Gear, but Full Gear was solid and the Dynamites since Full Gear have mostly been good.

I expect there to be another bit of a lull now with Mox heading off to Japan soon to do Wrestle Kingdom, but I have confidence that the work heading into Revolution will be pretty good. Revolution 2020 was one of the best wrestling PPVs I can remember in a while (prior to that I'd probably say maybe NJPW Dominion 2017), so the 2021 show has big shoes to fill.

You think he drops the belt to Kenny next week?
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 01:36 AM   #2575
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
You think he drops the belt to Kenny next week?
I think they're going to pull a bait and switch. It made no sense to me that they were going to give that match away on free TV, so the "mystery attack" on Mox last week made sense to me as a way to write him off until he's back from Japan. Maybe we get Kenny vs. Archer in the mean time.
Old 11-25-2020, 02:02 PM   #2576
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

What makes you think Mox is going to Japan? I don't even know if they'd allow him in, even with the two week quarantine. Would he even want to go if he had to spend 14 days locked up to work 1 or 2 shows?

Also if you want more on Mox, check out Renee Paquette's(Renee Young) new podcast Oral Sessions
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 02:05 PM   #2577
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
What makes you think Mox is going to Japan? I don't even know if they'd allow him in, even with the two week quarantine. Would he even want to go if he had to spend 14 days locked up to work 1 or 2 shows?
KENTA has been calling him out for a while now and I'm guessing NJPW wants their belt back. They could theoretically just strip him of it I suppose.
Old 11-25-2020, 02:07 PM   #2578
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

There is no way Mox goes to WK with the AEW Title around his waist. KENTA is going to challenge him at WK, it will be a hard fought match, KENTA takes back the NJPW US Title, and Mox goes into shut down mode for a bit to give newly-crowned champion Omega some breathing room for new contenders and to take care of pregnant Renee.

That's how I see this playing out.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 09:00 PM   #2579
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
There is no way Mox goes to WK with the AEW Title around his waist. KENTA is going to challenge him at WK, it will be a hard fought match, KENTA takes back the NJPW US Title, and Mox goes into shut down mode for a bit to give newly-crowned champion Omega some breathing room for new contenders and to take care of pregnant Renee.

That's how I see this playing out.
Yep, certainly looks that way after last night's show. I just think it's incredibly short-sighted to give that match away for free but maybe TV ratings are more important than PPV buys at the moment.
Old 11-27-2020, 10:17 AM   #2580
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Yep, certainly looks that way after last night's show. I just think it's incredibly short-sighted to give that match away for free but maybe TV ratings are more important than PPV buys at the moment.
For a company like AEW just getting their feet off the ground it could actually be a good move.

If that match ends up being a 5-Star match then making it easily accessible could potentially pull in more fans.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote