Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-18-2018, 06:53 PM   #1
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:
Default Official WWE/ECW/WCW/TNA talk, or whatever v2

That match between Sane and Bazler, in fact this whole card so far.

Wow

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 06:59 PM   #2
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

This last man standing match is going to be amazing. And probably insane
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 07:39 PM   #3
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yep awesome and insane
Old 08-18-2018, 07:47 PM   #4
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Holy crap, that was amazing.

Old 08-18-2018, 08:08 PM   #5
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

I cannot remember the last weekend where the main show was better than Takeover and I don't think this will be any different.
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Superflyer For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2018, 08:14 PM   #6
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trish vs Alexa has been announced for the Evolution PPV and people are losing their #### saying the WWE spoiled tomorrow's match because Alexa is holding the belt in the picture. lol
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 03:46 AM   #7
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Takeover was great. The worst match was either EC3 vs Velveteen Dream, or the main event. And they were both miles from being bad matches. SummerSlam has a lot to live up to, but I think it has potential for some great matches amidst some pretty pedestrian ones.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:02 PM   #8
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Member when Kevin Owens was the Universal Champ?
Old 08-19-2018, 06:16 PM   #9
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I was just going to post, poor Kevin Owen's, he's dead now.

Old 08-19-2018, 06:29 PM   #10
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Becky turning on Charlotte is the best part of SummerSlam so far but it’ll probably end up like Bayley/Sasha...
Old 08-19-2018, 06:42 PM   #11
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Becky turning on Charlotte is the best part of SummerSlam so far but it’ll probably end up like Bayley/Sasha...

Off to couples counseling they go and then they will be forced to share the belt and a small two bedroom apartment and we'll get some hilarious vignettes for the next year.

Charlotte: Now kindly remove that spaghetti from my poker table.
Becky laughs]
Charlotte: The hell's so funny?
Becky: It's not spaghetti, it's linguini.
Charlotte picks up the linguini and hurls it against the kitchen wall]
Charlotte: Now it's garbage.

Que phony laugh track

Old 08-19-2018, 07:08 PM   #12
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Usually hate DQ endings but I really liked this. Joe's great.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 07:20 PM   #13
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I liked the match itself, but Joe trash talking like that, just seems out of character and too soap opera.

Miz and Daniel Bryan, finally a matchup that makes sense.

Old 08-19-2018, 08:26 PM   #14
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Literally me when I hear Orton's theme song

Great line from the Interwebz about Orton

Quote:
Graves - "Who's going to be Orton's victim?"

*WWE Writers scatter*

Old 08-19-2018, 08:34 PM   #15
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

What’s this garbage they’ve done to Rousy?
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 08:44 PM   #16
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

That was stupid f'ing booking by the WWE, like really dumb and stupid. Basically what they've said is that a 5x woman's champion and one of the leaders of the woman's evolution is several tiers below Ronda Rousey. I mean just f'ing stupid.

There's not even a reason for having a rematch with Alexa, she got squashed out with no offense put in.

Basically this is the announcement. Ladies and Gentlemen, the Sasha Banks, Bayley's Becky Lynch's, and Charlottes and Alexa Bliss' of the world can just f'in leave now because Ronda is the next evolution and she won't be challenged until some of the MMA girls from NXT come up.

In one quick squash match, they might as well declare two tiers of woman's wrestling. The Sports Entertainers, and the legitimate athletes.

Yes, we have a new woman's champion, and I like Rousey, but you can still have her win, become the woman's champion and at the same time elevate the rest of your talent. The hollywood writers in the back never learned it, Vince seems to have forgotten it.

For Alexa, put her arm in a cast and take her off the road for several months and then bring her back as a manager I guess, because they basically killed off her character tonight. They took the smart conniving heel that generates heat with her actions and gave her nothing to work with.

Just fricken stupid.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2018, 08:46 PM   #17
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

Besides giving her the belt in a walkover.
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 08:48 PM   #18
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'm still blown away by the stupidity of it all.

I mean if the 5x champion is going to get absolutely squashed, what does that mean for Sasha and Bayley, who I stopped caring about because of this whole friendship angle. or any of the other sports entertainments.

The WWE wanted to legitimize their woman's division by bringing in Rousey, this shows that the WWE really didn't trust the woman in the woman's division to be able to carry it.

Old 08-19-2018, 08:56 PM   #19
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Watch this.

Reigns beats Lesnar. Strowman cashes in and Reigns hits one superman punch on the monster among men and then pins him by standing on his chest.

Old 08-19-2018, 09:30 PM   #20
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Well, I've lost my interest after that mess of a main event.

Not only did they make Strowman look like a dumba$$. But Lesnar, the beast the man that put 1 in what 21 and 1 was pinned by a lame spear. Let me repeat that, he was fresh, and he took a single spear and was done.

I don't think much of Reigns, he's boring, he's garbage in the ring, he's crap on the mic. He gets a bump because Vince likes his looks and his smouldering intensity.

This whole card was a tremendous piece of garbage with the only positive being Becky Lynch beating the crap out of Flair.

So lets get my review.

Before I start, let me say this, they need to stop having NXT PPV's the night before because last nights NXT card made the main product look like it should be the developmental territory.

Seth Rollins defeats Dolph Ziggler - It was a good little match with a good ending, Dean Ambrose surprisingly didn't turn on Seth. Seth and Dolph have some nice chemistry and their matches seem to be really smooth

3* out of 5

Blugeon Brothers vs New Day - I get that New Day are fun and positive and funny. But all they're doing is getting squashed when it matters. Tonight they got pretty much squashed again, then the WWE puts in a nonsensical DQ where the Brothers beat them up with a styrofoam hammer. I'd give this match a star rating but I can't.

This match sucked.

Braun Strowman vs Kevin Owens - This was the start of the nonesense of Summer Slam as Strowman basically squashed Owens, who did nothing but sell the beating. Kevin Owen's is a talented performer in the ring and on the mic, so it seems funny that he's been booked to look like a joke for the last few months. Maybe they'll have some ninja's kidnap Kevin Owens or something on Raw and he'll vanish for a few months. But this did nothing for Owen's and it was more suited to a Saturday Night Main Event Match.

0 out of 5

Carmella vs Becky vs Charlotte - I get the booking of the conniving heel trying to turn the friends against each other, but the booking of it was such that a proper match wasn't allowed to develop. Carmella is still green as can be and botched things several times. Overall the match was more suited to an episode of smackdown.

*3/4 out of 5

Why don't I like Charlotte? Because she has the same fricken match every time, every single time and tonight was no exception. The holy shyte spot was completely blown and looked like the fakeness of an Indy match. I commented to my significant other that Becky turned on Charlotte because that spot was trash, you know the corkscrew moonsault. I loved how the fans completely boo'd out the building during the hug but, and this shows the tremendous problem with the booking when Becky gets a massive pop plus a "You deserve it" chant after Becky turned heel on Charlotte.

Samoa Joe vs AJ Styles - There were some really good spots in this match, and realistically its the match of the night, however my pet peeve is when you interject story line, soap opera stuff during a match on a PPV, it tells me that the writers don't believe that the performers can keep the crowds interest. To me the Samoa Joe smack talk that made AJ snap and get DQ'd distracted from the match, because of that I downgraded this match.

***/5

Daniel Bryan vs Miz - This match should have had a ton of emotion going back to Miz's outstanding promo on talking smack, but to me it took too long for this match to happen and it was strangely devoid of emotion. Like him or hate him, Miz is the star of the two, with Bryan having lost most of his return heat with Cass being released and Bryan really doing nothing. Its sad that this match that should have been a blow off was pretty much used to set up a match at the Woman's PPV between Maryse and Brie Bella.

**/5

Corbin vs Finn Balor - Oh I get it, Corbin is squared of the demo or something like that? I don't want to put too much effort into reviewing another squash match so

*/5 just because of the Demon entrance