Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-11-2020, 01:00 PM   #1
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:
Default 2020 Fantasy Football

So we don't clog up the NFL thread, I'll create this one for anyone who's crazy enough to play Fanatasy Football this year.

I have a garbage team, but due to some pretty unbelievable luck, my record is 6-3. I could easily be 8-1 if not for Lamar Jackson doing his spud from Trainspotting impression the two weeks I ended up going against an opponent who had Patrick Mahomes go off which resulted in two losses by a combined 2.7 points. That said, I've had 112 fewer points scored against me than any other team in the league, a different schedule and I could be 1-8.

I was offered a trade of Calvin Ridley for Josh Jacobs.

12 team League with 2 RB's, 2 WR's and 3 Flex positions, and it's a 1 point PPR league. If you can win 7 games you typically end up in the playoffs. This week again, I appear to have horse shoes if run CMC is out as my opponent has him, plus a bevvy of Chiefs players who just happen to be off this week.

My other current running backs are
Miles Saunders injury prone
Mike Davis only useful if run CMC is out.
Ronald Jones II not very reliable
Darrel Henderson Jr has been okay when healthy
Damien Harris borderline at best due to lack of passing game use

My receivers also suck pretty hard...although they look better if Dallas has a passable QB as Amari was the top ranked guy thru the first 4 weeks.

Keenan Allen
Amari Cooper
Travis Fulgam
Sterling Sheppard
Jerry Jeudy
Tim Patrick

When he's been healthy Ridley has put up some numbers. In a one point PPR league the receivers have way more upside than guys like Jacobs who really don't do anything in the passing game. Jacobs is a high ceiling guy as he get's carries, and with that yards and goal line attempts. But outside of week 1, it's been pretty mediocre for him, and I think he's pretty beat up right now, and has been since the second week of the season.

I'm tempted to try it, because come playoffs my current roster really doesn't have that explosive upside to win against teams who have Dalvin Cook or Devante Adams type of thing...where Ridley does offer the high ceiling to get 30 points.
Old 11-12-2020, 02:30 PM   #2
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Another offer Leveon Bell for Ronald Jones.

Jones ability to catch the ball reminds me of Christian Okoye...except Jones shoudl have grown up knowing what a Football was.

The way I see it Jones can't win me games, he's a flex option at best. Bell's value is betting that CEH would get injured, or lose the trust of the staff and become a featured back. If that did happen, than he could be a guy who put's up big numbers...if that doesn't happen, you can't even play him.
Old 11-12-2020, 03:23 PM   #3
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
Another offer Leveon Bell for Ronald Jones.

Jones ability to catch the ball reminds me of Christian Okoye...except Jones shoudl have grown up knowing what a Football was.

The way I see it Jones can't win me games, he's a flex option at best. Bell's value is betting that CEH would get injured, or lose the trust of the staff and become a featured back. If that did happen, than he could be a guy who put's up big numbers...if that doesn't happen, you can't even play him.
The odds of Fournette getting hurt is better then CEH and Jones was 20pts a game with Fournette out
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason14h For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2020, 05:42 PM   #4
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't see a lot of upside with Jones, and I have him on my fantasy team. Fournette stripped away a lot of the potential and it seems like TB could be pass heavy going forward which takes away from Jones as well.

Bell doesn't have much potential at this point either but I think that KC is still trying to figure out an offense involving Clyde and Bell. I'm hoping that starting next week KC starts using Bell as more of a passing back which would be good for points.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 01:26 PM   #5
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

We had a really fun trade deadline this year in our league. It's a keeper league but all 6-teams currently in the playoff spots have a legitimate shot to win, and the bottom-6 are way out of the playoff race already, so we had a full-blown arms race amongst the top-6 teams. My current lineup is:

QB - Kyler Murray
RB1 - Miles Sanders
RB2 - James Conner
WR1 - DeAndre Hopkins
WR2 - Julio Jones
TE1 - Jonnu Smith
FLEX - Calvin Ridley
DEF - Bears
K - Gano

BN - Golladay, Aiyuk, Ertz (IR), Zack Moss, Lindsay, Boston Scott, Trey Burton, Anthony McFarland Jr.

Any other year and that's a championship-caliber team, but I'd probably give myself the 3rd or 4th best odds to win this year.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 01:07 PM   #6
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Well that decision to bench Ronald Jones this week doesn't look so good now.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:49 AM   #7
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

In a first place show down this week.

Need to start two from the following at a Flex position

Ronald Jones
Travis Fulgham
Jerry Jeudy
Damien Harris

I have Jeudy and Jones in right now.

Harris does have a seemingly favorable matchup with the Texans but without use in the passing game he's limited to 10-12 points unless he breaks a longer run for a TD. But I think he's in the 7-11 point range. When he's healthy he'll get 20 carries a game and the Patriots are showing that they can run the ball pretty effectively even when teams know it's coming.

Jeudy probably has the most upside, but the Dophins defence likely isn't giving up 300 yards passing to Denver's offence. But garbage time can always yield 10 points to a guy like Jeudy in the last minute of a blowout...if he can actually hold onto the ball.

Fulgham did nothing last week, but had 5 straight games of good production before that. Although Cleveland weather has made passing non existent in the last two games and 8 degrees with wind and rain and Carson Wentz throwing isn't exciting me.

Jones has upside, but the Rams do have a good front and don't allow a lot of yards or points. Jones can be hot or cold so if things don't go great early he can end up with 3 points and at best I might project 60 yards, a TD, and 2 catches for 11 yards in this matchup which would amount to 15 points.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:25 AM   #8
3thirty
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Ahh the joys of deep fantasy rosters, 4 options all with pros and cons...

Jeudy is risky if Lock doesn't start, but of those 4 I would have him in for sure.

Jones can be in a timeshare with Fournette so that always makes me nervous.

Fulgham if it wasn't rainy would be a no brainer to me, Cleveland is missing their top defensive player in Garett so Wentz should have more time to make plays (or dumb decisions)

Harris is always a risky play with NE and the revolving door of RB and his lack of pass game.

I'd likely go Jeudy and Fulgham with Jones a close 3rd. Are you needing safe picks of 10-12, or homerun 15+ point efforts to likely win?
3thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 12:06 PM   #9
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jones is in a let down position this week IMO.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 01:40 PM   #10
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3thirty View Post
Ahh the joys of deep fantasy rosters, 4 options all with pros and cons...

Jeudy is risky if Lock doesn't start, but of those 4 I would have him in for sure.

Jones can be in a timeshare with Fournette so that always makes me nervous.

Fulgham if it wasn't rainy would be a no brainer to me, Cleveland is missing their top defensive player in Garett so Wentz should have more time to make plays (or dumb decisions)

Harris is always a risky play with NE and the revolving door of RB and his lack of pass game.

I'd likely go Jeudy and Fulgham with Jones a close 3rd. Are you needing safe picks of 10-12, or homerun 15+ point efforts to likely win?
At this time I'm a projected 6.1 favorite in the matchup. I would say I would be looking for 11 points out of these two positions to try and keep my edge. My opponent is running higher upside players.

I do have Nelson Agholor too, who is a boom bust guy. He's in a pattern of low/high point games and had 1.8 points last week, and did put up 15.7 vs KC last time. Chiefs pass defence most weeks has actually been good. But one of their faux pas games was against the Raiders, and last week too. This should be a game where the winner needs to score 30 points, but every year it seems the Chiefs and Raiders play one higher scoring game, and another where the Chief blow them out and keep the Raiders to a low total.
Old 11-23-2020, 10:55 PM   #11
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Between Ronald Jones, Curtis Samuel and Mike Williams I never start the right one. Although I finally started Williams the week he scored a TD. Thankfully I squeaked out a win this week thanks to the Godwin TD at the end.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 10:28 AM   #12
3thirty
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

In a dynasty league and my QB's are Wentz, Tua and Darnold (woof)

Should be in the playoffs even with CMAC out all year so hoping he comes back strong and looking to upgrade a QB. Guys I can grab would be Rivers or Carr.

Rivers is likely done after this year, but has an easy fantasy schedule and I can get him for Darnold and a 2nd (steep but might be needed)

Carr is younger and has some years left, but likely costs more. He has a decent schedule as well.

Or do I trust Darnold now that he has healthy WR and hope Tua's last week was a blip. Wentz has a high ceiling and low floor.

Thoughts?
3thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 10:46 PM   #13
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wentz likely only has a handful of games left as a starter in this league.
Old 11-28-2020, 06:27 PM   #14
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wouldn't really worry too much going into next year. I have Darnold as well and wouldn't write him off just yet. He still has time and room for improvement. Tua is too early to call and I expect that he will get plenty of opportunities still this year and should be the #1 guy next year. He just needs time and experience.
Old 12-05-2020, 01:31 PM   #15
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Who would you start at WR? Cooper Kupp or Mike Williams?

Both are hot and cold this year but I think I like Chargers Vs Patriots over Rams vs Cards.

Thoughts?
Old 12-05-2020, 01:38 PM   #16
ChuckieNZ
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
Who would you start at WR? Cooper Kupp or Mike Williams?

Both are hot and cold this year but I think I like Chargers Vs Patriots over Rams vs Cards.

Thoughts?
Kupp and I don't think it's particularly close. Kupp has the higher floor generally, and Mike Williams probably sees less targets now that Ekeler is back in the mix.
ChuckieNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 05:00 PM   #17
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Is it a PPR league? If so I'm going Kupp.
Old 12-06-2020, 10:50 AM   #18
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I might need to make a last minute change to my WRs because apparently Julio is healthy. Right now I have my WR and Flex spots filled with Juju, Claypool, Agholor and McLaurin. I'm wondering if I should put Julio in and maybe take Juju out. Agholor is kind of weak but he is playing against the Jets. McLaurin has had a solid last 6 weeks but is up against the Streelers D. Julio has burned me quite a few times over the past two years. Tough call.
Old 12-09-2020, 01:56 PM   #19
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lol, started 5-2, made some trades to beef up my team and then subsequently lost 6 straight to miss the playoffs. Seemed like every week half my team either were injured or had COVID.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 03:31 PM   #20
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally made the playoffs this year! at a middling 6-6. I can potentially catch lightning in a bottle with a couple of my players.

Still trying to win my survivor pool. 2 of us left. $1,400 on the line. I'm going KC this week, I suspect he will be going Seattle.