Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum

Old 07-20-2021, 03:20 PM   #61
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
I've been extremely happy with my alianware comp but I also paid some $$ to get it then used to move over to a new z590 prime a mother board and corsair 5000x case.

Buy cheap get ####. Spend money get good ####. Buy cheap dell offers get #### spend on better specs on dell or alianware seems fine.
Just gonna leave this here from today...

The cooling design on this is utterly hilarious.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2021, 03:57 PM   #62
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh god, that gave me nightmares of the 8400 accordion case, with their own proprietary ram and power supply mounting screw holes. What a stupid machine.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 04:47 PM   #63
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftfun View Post
I will tell you some strange stories that happened with Dell Computer recently.
I hope my experience can be used for reference to everyone. In short , I stepped on Dell’s three pits,

The first pit is The one-year warranty for Dell’s computers starts from the product distribution date, not the date the product is received

The second pit, Customer ratings on the Dell website are checked by a moderator and a majority of negative reviews will no be published
Customer ratings on the Dell website are not to be trusted

The third pit is The Dell repair center can cause the product to be further damaged. The product can even be returned with missing parts, and the repair process can even cause previously working parts to break.
Thank you for your very real story about your experience with Dell computer! I will most certainly use it for reference.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 02:36 PM   #64
J pold
Franchise Player

Exp:

J pold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 06:10 PM   #65
Mull
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Well I treated myself to a Dell 27 Monitor - S2721DS based on a door buster deal today and comments I found on this forum

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/dell...rices-2475202/

$280 total with taxes , saved $221 + $29 = $250 savings.

I almost never impulse buy but I did today! My HP monitor was 5 years old and starting to have issues with cable connections.

Did I do good?
Mull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 05:10 AM   #66
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Just gonna leave this here from today...

The cooling design on this is utterly hilarious.
Never had a problem with my r11. Same Temps Temps before switched to a corsair d500 airflow case. I don't know I don't really like nexus Steve ####. Always picks the cheapest builds and runs them like a top end model should be .

I had a push/Pull sandwiching my 120 corsair aio on top . I bought mine in December for 2400 before tax with a rtx3080. I'm happy since almost buying a graphic card was the same price at the time .

Also going to say you get what you paid for . Steve bought the cheapest option and hated it while Linus bought the top tier 9ne and concluded it was good so... buy low their get #### buy high their you get high teir ####

Last edited by combustiblefuel; 07-22-2021 at 05:20 AM.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 08:15 AM   #67
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

The "cheapest option"?! That PC costs EIGHTEEN HUNDRED US DOLLARS. And it's unusable. Can't pass basic tests. How the hell are you defending this?

I mean it's great for you that you got a good deal on a graphics card (assuming Dell's implementation of the 3080 is good, like its 3090, and not absolute garbage, like its 3060). But you had to rebuild the whole thing in a different company's case with an actual cooling strategy in order to make it viable? The point of a prebuilt is that this ships to end users who don't have that knowledge or capability or the desire to do it and just... run the system.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 08:27 AM   #68
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's confirmation bias fanboyism. A good brand would create a quality well built product at each price segment. Dell has wreaked nearly every desktop market segment of theirs by dangerously cutting corners and building in as many proprietary roadblocks as possible, even on their premium Alienware and XPS lines. At the same time they've started using a lot of deceptive marketing, support, and bait and switch tactics.

They have a history now of maximizing profits at the expense of their own brand and it shows on even their high mid range products, not just their bottom of the barrel stuff. Average consumer best avoid Dell at this point.

Last edited by FlameOn; 07-22-2021 at 10:28 AM.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 09:19 AM   #69
Muffins
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
Never had a problem with my r11. Same Temps Temps before switched to a corsair d500 airflow case. I don't know I don't really like nexus Steve ####. Always picks the cheapest builds and runs them like a top end model should be .

I had a push/Pull sandwiching my 120 corsair aio on top . I bought mine in December for 2400 before tax with a rtx3080. I'm happy since almost buying a graphic card was the same price at the time .

Also going to say you get what you paid for . Steve bought the cheapest option and hated it while Linus bought the top tier 9ne and concluded it was good so... buy low their get #### buy high their you get high teir ####
I'm sorry but if i'm paying $1800 US (around $2300 CAD) I would expect a little more than a frankensteined stock Intel cooler on a Ryzen cpu.
Old 07-22-2021, 09:56 AM   #70
Mull
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
The "cheapest option"?! That PC costs EIGHTEEN HUNDRED US DOLLARS. And it's unusable. Can't pass basic tests. How the hell are you defending this?

I mean it's great for you that you got a good deal on a graphics card (assuming Dell's implementation of the 3080 is good, like its 3090, and not absolute garbage, like its 3060). But you had to rebuild the whole thing in a different company's case with an actual cooling strategy in order to make it viable? The point of a prebuilt is that this ships to end users who don't have that knowledge or capability or the desire to do it and just... run the system.
Just look at the laptops... you scared me away from an Alienware laptop because a review found that Dell was massively underpowering the video card... making you pay for something you don't get full use out of.

I guess its limited by heat and its common practice but still scammy IMO
Mull is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
laptop