Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-22-2019, 02:12 PM   #61
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

If your "stanley cup" is in January you suck

Overall winning doesn't really matter for the canes though...they have a poor record, not in a playoff spot, haven't made it in years...yet they do some stupid dance every time they muster a win. Imagine how that would go over here? Flames 10th in the west after a blockbuster trade in the summer and doing something stupid every time they squeak out a win.

Really its the perfect team for Hamilton...who is a good player but doesn't hate to lose
Old 01-22-2019, 02:13 PM   #62
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Why are they mad at him? He tried to get them to play what is clearly a winning style of hockey and he seems to be the kind of coach that has expectations of the players but isn't a ridiculous task-master a la Keenan.

If they are upset at anyone it should be themselves for failing to do no better in his absence. Maybe they should spend their time looking in the mirror instead of blaming a coach who was clearly not the problem?

Just an absolutely befuddling position to have in this situation. Reeks of jealousy.

Well I think it's apparent that Peters learned a lot from his time in Carolina and became a better coach for it. We know he ripped Lack publicly, who knows what else went on behind closed doors
Hemi-Cuda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:14 PM   #63
Always Earned Never Given
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Each player will "stick it" to their old team. 4-2 Flames

Goals by Carolina from Hamilton and Ferly
Goals by Flames from Lindy, Hanifin, Ryan and empty netter by Peters!
Always Earned Never Given is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:23 PM   #64
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Earned Never Given View Post
Each player will "stick it" to their old team. 4-2 Flames

Goals by Carolina from Hamilton and Ferly
Goals by Flames from Lindy, Hanifin, Ryan and empty netter by Peters!
That empty netter by Peters will be called back because it was actually Bennett trying to clear the zone and it hit Peters in the head before going down the ice into the empty net. Puck was "out of play" - no goal.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2019, 03:43 PM   #65
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Go Flames go!
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:53 PM   #66
Inferno099
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
That empty netter by Peters will be called back because it was actually Bennett trying to clear the zone and it hit Peters in the head before going down the ice into the empty net. Puck was "out of play" - no goal.
this scene is what i pictured when the post mentioned Peters scoring
Inferno099 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inferno099 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2019, 04:30 PM   #67
Cinephile
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
And? It wasn't a loophole. It was an out clause that the team negotiated with him in good faith. He exercised a part of his contract. Nothing bad about that.

Like any player wouldn't pursue free agency with gusto when they had the opportunity.

Again, it reeks of jealousy because he's doing so well with a new team. It's like being mad at your ex-lover who was always out of your league realizing that they could find greener pastures elsewhere and having a better life without you.

Jealousy.
Piggybacking on your example, say the “out-of-your-league” Flames were the new lover and the Hurricanes were kicked to the curb. It absolutely makes sense that they would harbour resentment. What sane human being wouldn’t?

The head coach left for greener pastures. Of course the team would be upset about it regardless of the fact that an out clause was in existence and included in his contract. It still must sting for some individuals on that team, I reckon, and understandably so.
Cinephile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 04:33 PM   #68
Psytic
First Line Centre

Exp:

May their spirits be with you to channel their strength in the playoffs.
Psytic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:54 PM   #69
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't doubt that the Carolina players want to stick it to Peters. After all, he decided to leave the team for greener pastures, and only took some of them along for the ride. The rest are upset that they didn't get to come too!

Of course Lindholm and Hanifin will be amped for this game, and I bet that they both will be set up to score perhaps too often. Hopefully that doesn't interfere too much with winning the game.

I expect Hamilton to ramp up his game.. by about a 1/3 notch. Sorry, I do think that Hamilton is a really good player, but he is rarely intense enough.

Ferland, on the other hand, will be a ball of energy doing everything out there. Why? Not only does he want to 'stick it' to the Flames for trading him away, but because he also must want back in. This is his audition. I expect him to be one of the best players on the ice tonight for either team.

6-3 for the Flames. Lindholm and Hanifin with the hatties. Ferland with the hattie for the Canes.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2019, 07:17 PM   #70
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

nm
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote