Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2013, 04:11 PM   #41
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think his face looks that much older than the last few years. I think what's aging him is that his hairline looks like its finally starting to run away on him. Which I'm sure will be easily fixed in the movie...unless terminators can lose their hair. I'm on board with him in T5 for sure.

And T2 was my favourite, but I feel the need to give props to the original. Watched it again for the first time in ages, man is the 80's cheese fantastic in that movie, on par with Scarface, Running Man and Rocky IV in that regard; arguably the most 80s'ish 80's movies ever. Fun as hell to watch, decent movie and so much unintentional comedy now.

Last edited by Sainters7; 01-24-2013 at 04:19 PM. Reason: how could I forget about Rocky IV..
Sainters7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #42
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burninator View Post
I'd say the statute of limitations has passed. Plus all the other spoiler talk already. And soylent green is people.
Yeah, I know. Usually I'd agreed with you on the statue on this but since we you were replying to pylon directly just thought it would be a respectful movie thing. Oh well.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #43
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burninator View Post
I'd say the statute of limitations has passed. Plus all the other spoiler talk already. And soylent green is people.
The Planet of the Apes is actually future Earth.

Rosebud is his sled.
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #44
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Yeah, I know. Usually I'd agreed with you on the statue on this but since we you were replying to pylon directly just thought it would be a respectful movie thing. Oh well.
Check your inbox, I just sent you some Game of Thrones spoilers.
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yeah_Baby For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #45
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
No worries, I have seen that clip, and that what makes me think they might be able to do something with T5. Maybe they will be using Arnie as the motion actor or something for a digital version.

It does make me scratch my head though how he would possibly be used. They can't use him as and older lieutenant Candy... or else they would have have to use that goofy mid-western accent for the whole film. And I simply cannot see Arnold being able to get his physique back to even T3 levels, which was nothing special. And his face, just looks damn old now, so what do they do with that?

Time will tell I guess. The only possibility I can think of, is somehow the skin on the T-800 somehow ages, and he is an older worn out model near the end of its 120 year lifespan that gets sent back. He can make witty quips like "Oish, my aching coltan-titanium alloy endoskeleton." or "Give me your clothes your boots, your lincoln town car, and your metamucil."

Who knows.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #46
sevenarms
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
No worries, I have seen that clip, and that what makes me think they might be able to do something with T5. Maybe they will be using Arnie as the motion actor or something for a digital version.

It does make me scratch my head though how he would possibly be used. They can't use him as and older lieutenant Candy... or else they would have have to use that goofy mid-western accent for the whole film. And I simply cannot see Arnold being able to get his physique back to even T3 levels, which was nothing special. And his face, just looks damn old now, so what do they do with that?

Time will tell I guess. The only possibility I can think of, is somehow the skin on the T-800 somehow ages, and he is an older worn out model near the end of its 120 year lifespan that gets sent back. He can make witty quips like "Oish, my aching coltan-titanium alloy endoskeleton." or "Give me your clothes your boots, your lincoln town car, and your metamucil."

Who knows.
If I recall correctly, the skin on the Terminators was grown human skin fused to them. I'd assume that it would age as human skin ages so your angle is quite plausible.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #47
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I have a feeling this movie is going to be Indiana Jones 4 bad.

Really old guys shouldn't pretend they are action stars from 30 years back.
pseudoreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #48
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
I don't think his face looks that much older than the last few years. I think what's aging him is that his hairline looks like its finally starting to run away on him. Which I'm sure will be easily fixed in the movie...unless terminators can lose their hair. I'm on board with him in T5 for sure.

And T2 was my favourite, but I feel the need to give props to the original. Watched it again for the first time in ages, man is the 80's cheese fantastic in that movie, on par with Scarface, Running Man and Rocky IV in that regard; arguably the most 80s'ish 80's movies ever. Fun as hell to watch, decent movie and so much unintentional comedy now.
I would say that going bald might be a good idea for him, unless he has a freakishly shaped skull.

It is funny how many lines. characters, etc they re-used from T1 in T2. It had been a long time since I saw T1 and hadn't even thought about those characters, like the psychologist and everybody. I think T2 probably made T1 into a better movie. If it weren't for T2, T1 would probably be mostly forgotten.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #49
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I wouldn't mind another Terminator movie, I just rewatched the SCC and really enjoyed it a lot.

I think that Terminator Salvation really missed a big opportunity in that we need a movie that shows what happens right after Judgement Day when Humanity crawls out of the ashes and almost gets exterminated before finally fighting back.

We could have gotten a much higher air of menace if they showed John Conner getting captured and put in a work camp. We could have had human collaborators as the villains. There was a really awkward scene cut out of T3 that showed Arnold as a human soldier that gave weight to him becoming the model for the Terminators.

They could do this in the new movie having Arnold being part of the resistance with Conner, have some battles between human's and rubber skinned infiltrators, have a great escape scene from a work camp and the rise of Conner to leadership. The last scene could show Arnold being captured and lying on a scanning couch next to a Metal Terminator getting skin added to it.

You could also get the scene of CGI'd Arnold going through the Time machine then Conner and the Resistance smashing the power grid and proclaiming that they'd won then seeing the look of horror as he finds the time machine and realizing that he has to send his dad through.

But it could be a mega war movie with a great escape feel to it.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #50
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
There was a really awkward scene cut out of T3 that showed Arnold as a human soldier that gave weight to him becoming the model for the Terminators.
Just googled that scene......

ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #51
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Here is the missing scene from T2 theatrical cut where they reprogram the T800. @ 0:59 that is Linda Hamilton's twin, so they could do the mirror effect.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:21 PM   #52
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
Check your inbox, I just sent you some Game of Thrones spoilers.
lol oh GreenLantern, you passive aggressive nerd.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #53
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn't like the cut of the above scene from T2. I thought it was great and it was important to showing the viewer how much Sarah didn't trust the Terminator at that point.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:53 PM   #54
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
I didn't like the cut of the above scene from T2. I thought it was great and it was important to showing the viewer how much Sarah didn't trust the Terminator at that point.
I have thought the same too.. But I think part of it, is I do not think it made logical sense that the Terminator would put itself in such a vulnerable position where they could have simply smashed his brain, and got rid of him right there. Especially when his protocol states he cannot 'self terminate' which in essence he kinda did for a moment.

The one thing though that has always bothered me about the Terminator series is.... what happens in the future when John Conner gets killed? What did Skynet expect? Everyone in the resistance to immediately vanish? John to Vanish? The butterfly effect is almost incomprehensible. So great, Sarah gets killed right away, and the original Terminator never ends up getting crushed in Cyberdynes factory, and then Skynet never comes to be in the first place. So Skynet could have destroyed itself. Maybe that was the end goal... to avoid it all in the first place.

At best, Skynet was investing all these resources for an alternate timeline that had zero effect on it's own universe.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #55
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Its a machine and and AI not a creative or philosophical thinker. In the original time line the biggest threat was John Conner, eliminate the threat and that threat will more then likely be replaced by a weaker threat.

In terms of the calculation goes, Skynet was inevitable, even though the date changed and the method changed (from hardware (T1, T2) to virus (t3, SCC)) man was well on its path to computerized warfare using AI. Cyberdyne was already in motion in T1.

Even with the death of John Conner or Sarah Conner, the original time line doesn't change, the original machines that still send the Terminator back were still defeated, however in a alternative timeline judgement day doesn't happen until much later.

The machines were pragmatic, they knew that their existence was inevitable, Conner wasn't part of the calculation of its existence, just of its defeat.

I remember in one comic book that John Conner became female and Jane Conner when the machines sent back another terminator to stop the pregnancy by killing Reese before he got to Sara.

Sara still get pregnant and married and never knew about Judgement day but her daughter because the head of the resistance.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #56
CubicleGeek
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Oh gawd, I hope his one liner for this one is "I won't be back."
CubicleGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:46 PM   #57
HPLovecraft
Took an arrow to the knee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
I actually don't find there to be too much 80s crap in T1. The original punks he steals clothes from, and a few other 80s film tropes, yeah, but nothing too bad. To me, Blade Runner is next to unwatchable because of the 80s cheese (yeah, I know). The stupid synth ruins that movie for me, ugh.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #58
HPLovecraft
Took an arrow to the knee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
I do not think it made logical sense
This is the Terminator series! Logical sense is not something that applies to the Terminator storyline. Trying to apply any sort of logic to it is going to leave you contemplating just how stupid the whole thing is. This is the series where you really just can't think about it too much.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #59
JazzyFlame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPLovecraft View Post
This is the Terminator series! Logical sense is not something that applies to the Terminator storyline. Trying to apply any sort of logic to it is going to leave you contemplating just how stupid the whole thing is. This is the series where you really just can't think about it too much.
You can't change your destiny
JazzyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:23 PM   #60
Language
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Terminator 5: Oh, my back!
Language is offline   Reply With Quote