Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-01-2013, 02:15 PM   #1
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:
Default 6th AND TENTH - One day sale - Up To $35,000 Off

ONE TIME SALE

The 6th and Tenth high rise being developed by LAMB Development Corp is holding a exclusive 1 day sales event on Saturday October 19th.
RSVP by clicking here to receive:

- Discounted Pricing
- 6 Month Deposit Schedule
- Free Storage Locker (3k value)
- Additional Bonus'

Just Mention RSVP in subject line.

Contact me for floor plans!

Some Pricing (not inc gst)

Unit Size Discounted Price
1805 1Bd 449 sq ft $228,855
1704 1Bd 534 sq ft $266,855
301 1 Bd, Den 615 sq ft $281,105
606 2Bd 825 sq ft $416,005

Sub Penthouses, 1,250 sq ft, 2 balconies, $662,055 ($34,845 Off)

15th Floor or less on units 534 Sq Ft do not include parking but can be purchased for $29,900. 768 sq ft or greater all include parking.

Features: Party Room & Skylounge, Outdoor Pool, Art Park, European Kitchens, Stone Surface Countertops, Gas BBQ hookup, Exposed Concrete Ceilings, All Appliances

Lockers are 3k to purchase but Free on this exclusive event.

Condo fees are .47c sq ft excluding hydro,heat,A/C

Occupancy June 30th 2015

Deposit: $5,000 on signing, balance of 5% in 30 days, 5% in 60 days and 5% when construction reaches grade.

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 10-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #2
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is Mr. Lamb getting desperate to sell some units?

No way they make the occupancy of June 30th, 2015. Not even close.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #3
ranchlandsselling
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post

No kidding. Not a good sign.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:52 PM   #4
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Do the condo fees really not include heat? How is the building heated, that seems a bit unusual.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #5
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post

Ha, that was exactly what I was thinking when I saw this post. I'm sure this "one day sale" will turn into longer if necessary.

I do hope this one gets going at some point though, it looks like a high-qualtiy development, from a design standpoint at least.
The Following User Says Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2013, 07:06 AM   #6
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
Do the condo fees really not include heat? How is the building heated, that seems a bit unusual.
Huh, I'm curious about this as well. Usually in a large condo building like this it is difficult (and takes up a lot of space) to have individual meters for all of the units.

When we lived in arriVa (164 units) heat,natural gas, and A/C were included in our condo fees. It was just electrical (hydro) that was not included.

When I was in a 4 storey new build in Bridgeland we had separate meters for all units.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #7
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

I assume the part of the original post referencing hydro is a cut/paste from something the developer put out. To call it hydro in Alberta doesn't speak to a huge level of local market research to me. I think of a lot of people from here wouldn't know that meant the electricity bill.

As for heat being extra, I guess they could be metering the hot water for each unit. Or using electric heating. (If its electric heating, that would be a do-not-buy signal to me, since that's super expensive to operate)
Old 10-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #8
HockeyIlliterate
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I assume the part of the original post referencing hydro is a cut/paste from something the developer put out. To call it hydro in Alberta doesn't speak to a huge level of local market research to me.
Isn't the developer (Brad Lamb) allegedly Toronto's "condo king" and the same guy that goes around Canada giving seminars on how to invest in real estate?

I find it inconceivable to think that whoever bought the 6th and 10th site ever actually visited the place in person before signing the purchase contract.

Who thought that it would be a good idea to put up a high-end condo development next to the bottle depot, across from a relatively trashy parking lot, and a block from the railroad tracks?

If anyone did any local market research before starting the proposed development, I'd be greatly surprised.

And it isn't like the developer really cares about the place now---there is graffiti on the show suite and on the banner ads in the parking lot, and the throw-some-bark-down landscaping is not very well maintained. Not a good first impression for potential buyers...

Also, the asking prices (even with the "discount") are unsupportable, in my view. I can only wonder why the advert doesn't mention the free 6:30 am alarm clocks that the residents on the eastern side of the building will get to enjoy, along with the lovely aroma of soured milk, alcohol, stale cigarettes, and sweat that will waft into their windows each afternoon.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HockeyIlliterate For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #9
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
(If its electric heating, that would be a do-not-buy signal to me, since that's super expensive to operate)
I would assume it is electric. Sure it can be expensive but if you get the fireplace option you never have to use the baseboard heaters. I have owned my condo for 5 years and the heaters have never been turned on.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #10
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundmark19 View Post
I would assume it is electric. Sure it can be expensive but if you get the fireplace option you never have to use the baseboard heaters. I have owned my condo for 5 years and the heaters have never been turned on.
Is the fireplace gas or electric?

I suppose not using the heaters is possible, since you'll also get heat transfer from your neighbours units. Based on the huge cost difference between gas and electricity for the same unit of energy, I still don't think electric baseboard heat is a good idea in Calgary.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:55 AM   #11
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Normally fireplaces in condos are gas. I haven't seen any that provide you with an electric fireplace that would be cheesy. Since gas is covered put it on a thermostat so it automatically turns on and heating problem solved! Condos are so small you don't even have to buy the blower for them but if you are still concerned about distribution add in a blower and you are set
Old 10-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #12
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyIlliterate View Post
Who thought that it would be a good idea to put up a high-end condo development next to the bottle depot, across from a relatively trashy parking lot, and a block from the railroad tracks?
That brings about another question; is this 6th street or 6th ave? I thought it was 6th ave at first, then I realized the new condos going up there are actually on 5th ave and 10th street.

And is it even SW. Could be another quadrant. Travis- can you clear this up for us?
Old 10-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #13
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

It is definitely S.W 6th st and 10th ave. This is the bottle depot address which is next door and I walk past it every day

Address: 629 10 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2R 0B2
Old 10-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #14
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:

Quote:
Isn't the developer (Brad Lamb) allegedly Toronto's "condo king" and the same guy that goes around Canada giving seminars on how to invest in real estate?

I find it inconceivable to think that whoever bought the 6th and 10th site ever actually visited the place in person before signing the purchase contract.

If anyone did any local market research before starting the proposed development, I'd be greatly surprised.

And it isn't like the developer really cares about the place now---there is graffiti on the show suite and on the banner ads in the parking lot, and the throw-some-bark-down landscaping is not very well maintained. Not a good first impression for potential buyers...

Also, the asking prices (even with the "discount") are unsupportable, in my view. I can only wonder why the advert doesn't mention the free 6:30 am alarm clocks that the residents on the eastern side of the building will get to enjoy, along with the lovely aroma of soured milk, alcohol, stale cigarettes, and sweat that will waft into their windows each afternoon.
How do you think these areas get redeveloped? Do you think the bottle depot will be there forever? Do you think the empty lots across the street will be that way for eternity? I give huge accolades to Lamb for signing onto this location. This will be a catalyst vs a stand along stupid decision.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:20 PM   #15
HockeyIlliterate
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferguy View Post
How do you think these areas get redeveloped?
I don't think that it is normally done by putting in $450+/sq/ foot condos.

Quote:
Do you think the bottle depot will be there forever?
It is my understanding that the bottle depot has a 20-year lease and that someone has recently tried (unsuccessfully) to get the bottle depot removed/relocated.

Quote:
Do you think the empty lots across the street will be that way for eternity?
No, probably not, but they aren't going to be suddenly redeveloped just because there is a high-rise condo across the street from them either.

Quote:
I give huge accolades to Lamb for signing onto this location. This will be a catalyst vs a stand along stupid decision.
There is a difference between never developing an area and not developing an area right now. There is also a difference in "signing onto [a] location" and trying to improve it, and simply "signing onto [a] location" and not doing a great deal to maintain what you've "sign[ed] onto."
Old 10-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #16
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

No, probably not, but they aren't going to be suddenly redeveloped just because there is a high-rise condo across the street from them either.
That liquor store and small restaurant/dance hall doesn't look like a bad place to have a business once you add at least 230 potential customers across the street instead of the 40 homeless people at the bottle depot. Once you get that building going again and a little re-development of the boot factory that street turns itself around. There really isn't any convenience stores on 10th. You have the Macs on 11th and the Safeway something like a shoppers drug mart would probably work pretty well there.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #17
AMG_G
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

I would think twice about buying from someone who thinks this math is sound.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #18
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtor 1 View Post
ONE TIME SALE

- Free Storage Locker (3k value)

15th Floor or less on units 534 Sq Ft do not include parking but can be purchased for $29,900. 768 sq ft or greater all include parking.

Lockers are 3k to purchase but Free on this exclusive event.

Condo fees are .47c sq ft excluding hydro,heat,A/C
Interesting with the nothing included pricing. This is contrary to most other developments I've looked at where parking, storage are included in the price and condo fees cover heat, gas, water, A/C.

600 square feet * 47 cents is $282/month in condo fees without most of the utilities. Without utilities that seems to make it more expensive than other condo developments in terms of condo fees when you have to pay for heat/AC and power on top of all that.

Last edited by Hack&Lube; 10-08-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #19
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

^^ I am somewhat confused as to why they are not going with universal hot water heating vs spending the money to meter each person individually. Ill find out more soon and perhaps this is a typo.

As for those who do not like the location, I suppose you also felt that the ArriVa was going to be a dump while under construction. Started in the middle of no where (compared to other developments), is right by the bus depot and train tracks and has to deal with the stampede, flames games, etc. Turned out more than alright being one of the more desirable and higher end complexes in this city.
6th and 10th will be the same thing. Technology is good enough in the window industry to help eliminate most of the train noise. The bottle depot is a minor issue...people are buying places surrounding dumps and rarely complain about the smell. Not to re mention what was posted above....hundreds more in the area will drive small business in and the bottle depot will end up sprucing its image up!

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 10-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #20
Cuz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Interesting with the nothing included pricing. This is contrary to most other developments I've looked at where parking, storage are included in the price and condo fees cover heat, gas, water, A/C.

600 square feet * 47 cents is $282/month in condo fees without most of the utilities. Without utilities that seems to make it more expensive than other condo developments in terms of condo fees when you have to pay for heat/AC and power on top of all that.
Yeah that seems expensive. For our condo in Royal Oak (I know, not downtown but it helps with perspective), my wife and I pay $322 per month for our 854 square foot place, which includes all utilities, including electricity and our reserve fund is quite healthy.