Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2022, 11:00 AM   #1
RoadGame
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Jersey re-cresting

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with changing the cresting on the back of their Jersey?

I have a home jersey I bought after the '04 run and had crested for Phaneuf a year or two later when it looked like he would anchor our blueline for the foreseeable future. Now as we approach the 20th anniversary of the '04 run I can't help but wish I had done it up for Kipper, finals crest and all. I have been reading old threads on jersey cresting but haven't found anything on re-cresting/changes so thought I'd ask if anyone has experience with that (photos would be amazing).

Thanks,

Roadgame
RoadGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 12:36 PM   #2
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

hey Roadgame

first thing you need to do is take your jersey and flip it inside out. 'pinch' the material that is inside of the back numbers and namebar. can you pull just the jersey material or has the number/namebar been sealed to the jersey? if the cresting has been sealed to the jersey you are likely stuck. the glue on the back of numbers is usually a heat-activated silicone and even if you could get the number off you'd still have a bunch of the adhesive still stuck on the jersey.

i believe josh from north star jerseys is in calgary - he should be able to help you out.... josh@northstarjerseys.com
Old 05-19-2022, 12:45 PM   #3
JBR
Franchise Player

Exp:

+1 for Josh at North Star. He’s done a number of custom jersey jobs for me. Top notch quality and detail.
JBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 01:28 PM   #4
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

I did this with my Bouwmeester back in 2015 and got Russell put on it - also unfortunate, need to make it Andersson now I guess - most places will tell you that you have to remove the name plate yourself first. I was living in Signal Hill at the time, I forget the name of the store (Westhills Alterations? It's in the parking lot behind the movie theatre anyway), but I took it to them and they actually removed it for me. They did a great job too! Highly recommend.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 02:40 PM   #5
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

if i ever purchase another flames jersey, i would go no number or namebar.

i have a regherthat is my game uniform
Old 05-19-2022, 03:01 PM   #6
d00little
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post

This is the way. What will OP do if they find out Kipper is a pedo, racist or vegan in the future and gets cancelled.
d00little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 03:40 PM   #7
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post

What's wrong with a Regehr jersey? He was a key part of this franchise for years, are you saying that Iginla jerseys are also out of style because he didn't retire here?

I've got a Conroy 24 retro jersey that I guess I lucked out on. The retros became the normal jerseys so I was ahead of the curve, and he retired here and took a front office job so it's still relevant. I don't see myself ever changing the crest
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 04:24 PM   #8
RoadGame
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc-chris View Post
hey Roadgame

first thing you need to do is take your jersey and flip it inside out. 'pinch' the material that is inside of the back numbers and namebar. can you pull just the jersey material or has the number/namebar been sealed to the jersey? if the cresting has been sealed to the jersey you are likely stuck. the glue on the back of numbers is usually a heat-activated silicone and even if you could get the number off you'd still have a bunch of the adhesive still stuck on the jersey.

i believe josh from north star jerseys is in calgary - he should be able to help you out.... josh@northstarjerseys.com
Very helpful - the '3' is not sealed, it's stitched around the edges.

Thanks all for the quick replies!

Last edited by RoadGame; 05-19-2022 at 10:24 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to RoadGame For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2022, 05:12 PM   #9
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
^^ This is the correct answer.

Ideally only the outside layer will be stitched as well; sometimes all three layers will be stitched onto the jersey which needless to say is a PITA to remove (even if you use a seam ripper). With the old airknit material you should be able to give it a wash and/or a press and it'll be ready for cresting again.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 07:23 PM   #10
DatSOOKin
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
hey Roadgame

Does Josh/Northstar ensure the replacement lettering/numbers align to the era of the jersey? I'm also looking to get Lindy added to a jersey
DatSOOKin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 08:51 PM   #11
Blankcanvas
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatSOOKin View Post
Does Josh/Northstar ensure the replacement lettering/numbers align to the era of the jersey? I'm also looking to get Lindy added to a jersey
Yes he does and I recommend him for any custom jersey cresting needs.
Blankcanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blankcanvas For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2022, 09:45 PM   #12
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
What's wrong with a Regehr jersey? He was a key part of this franchise for years, are you saying that Iginla jerseys are also out of style because he didn't retire here?

I've got a Conroy 24 retro jersey that I guess I lucked out on. The retros became the normal jerseys so I was ahead of the curve, and he retired here and took a front office job so it's still relevant. I don't see myself ever changing the crest
What it Conroy becomes GM of the Oilers?
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 10:25 PM   #13
RoadGame
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatSOOKin View Post
I had a great chat with Josh this afternoon. Everything I have seen about his work from other threads in the 'Power Ring' subforum suggest the answer to that question is yes, and he had no qualms taking on my ~2004/05 home jersey. A very encouraging start.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RoadGame For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2022, 03:04 PM   #14
RoadGame
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Apologies for bumping my own thread but I wanted to close this out for anyone who comes across this looking for jersey cresting. I just picked up my recrested Kiprusoff jersey and it looks amazing. Seriously like it was straight out of Fanattic in 2004, finals crest and all. If I ever have recresting needs in future I'm going straight back to Northstar and would encourage everyone to do the same.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RoadGame For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2022, 08:37 PM   #15
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

That’s awesome to hear. Gonna get my wife’s Phaneuf jersey recrested as Kipper.
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 05:48 AM   #16
Twitchy15
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I also have a older 2005-2006 Reebok authentic that is the 2004 style jersey. Wanted one for awhile when I found one it was a phaneuf so been wanting to get it stripped and redone for awhile but should contact north star!
Old 03-26-2023, 11:01 AM   #17
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Jersey re-cresting

Edit: no worries, Josh is still going strong.

Last edited by Ironhorse; 03-27-2023 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-18-2023, 10:03 AM   #18
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone heard from Josh lately? I'm trying to get a hold of him to pick up my finished Kiprusoff jersey, but he's not responding to his emails.
Old 03-10-2024, 10:10 AM   #19
3thirty
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

bump, is Josh still around?
3thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 11:07 PM   #20
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

I tried contacting him months ago, no response.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to habernac For This Useful Post: