Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2022, 08:09 PM   #21
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripTDR View Post
Yeah well on the opposite side, i hang in the right lane doing ten over, when I come to pass somebody and speed up to 25 over to do it, I don't give a s**t about a**holes who feel it's their right to speed unencumbered at 45 over and expect everyone to get out of the way even when it's not safe like they own the road. **ck you guys
As long as your are accelerating to pass that’s reasonable. It’s a passing lane. It’s the guy doing 112 passing the guy doing 110 that’s maddening.

At some point I just turn on adaptive cruise and park in the right lane. More relaxing that way.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2022, 08:17 PM   #22
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerPresJamesTaylor View Post
Ugh, I had forgotten what insufferable Snowcat was a thing. What a raging clue he has with that voice.
Hah, yeah. I haven't watched many of his videos, but in all the ones I have seen, he's 50% or more of the problem.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2022, 08:28 PM   #23
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

CPS should suspend everyone's licenses, including the Tesla driver. Getting cut off during a bad lane change is no reason to brake test someone at 80 km/h.

I feel like there has to be a lot more to this story.

Looks like they exited Deerfoot and got into it on Blackfoot, makes me think that this was part two of a coming together, did something happen on Deerfoot?
Old 04-06-2022, 08:42 PM   #24
Nammer403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
Ahh totally this car..used to see this at my gym all the time
Old 04-06-2022, 08:58 PM   #25
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerPresJamesTaylor View Post
Ugh, I had forgotten what insufferable Snowcat was a thing. What a raging clue he has with that voice.
I miss the good ol' days on Beyond with everyone trash-talking snowcat and him throwing a tantrum in return, on a new account every time too because he got banned constantly

The good ol' days
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2022, 12:01 AM   #26
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripTDR View Post
Yeah well on the opposite side, i hang in the right lane doing ten over, when I come to pass somebody and speed up to 25 over to do it, I don't give a s**t about a**holes who feel it's their right to speed unencumbered at 45 over and expect everyone to get out of the way even when it's not safe like they own the road. **ck you guys
I find those who drive 25 over are more and more rare these days on the #1, OTHER than morning commutes to the ski hills and apres home, where lots of oneupmanship occurs.

I remember trying to do LL to COP, in sub-hour. Those days are long gone.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 06:17 AM   #27
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Reading all these fun driving encounters makes me thankful I don't commute anymore
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Calgary14 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2022, 08:06 AM   #28
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

I made the mistake of watching road rage / Bad driving videos on youtube and now my algorithm serves me up nothing but these videos. I used to enjoy watching them but some of them write a description of the video of the person filming explaining what happened and so many times they were clearly in the wrong and trying to justify it or clearly lying about the outcome just showed me that idiots are everywhere.

Edit: Last time I road raged whas pulling over for an ambulance and after it passed the person behind me trying to get ahead of me, nothing pisses me off worse than that seriously just let everyone get back into position stop being a ###### about it. That was actually the first time I stopped and got out and I seriously just wanted to ask WTF but they wouldn't roll the window down. Too many people are too safe in their bubble just like the internet.

Last edited by Raekwon; 04-07-2022 at 08:08 AM.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2022, 09:21 AM   #29
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

The Tesla driver was a total #######.

Bad lane change from the Toyota (and one that I understand why he did, that Blackfoot exit is horrible for driving into Glenmore and he was letting the Jeep in easier) doesn't deserve a brake check on a highway. And you can bet the Tesla was honking as well, maybe giving the finger in the window as well prior to brake checking

The rest escalated to what it came into.

Tesla driver's ego and road rage escalated when it clashed with other stupid egos that also escalated.

A quick honk, move on and nothing would have occured. All 3 should lose their license.

Last edited by Firebot; 04-07-2022 at 09:27 AM.
Firebot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Firebot For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2022, 10:42 AM   #30
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
I made the mistake of watching road rage / Bad driving videos on youtube and now my algorithm serves me up nothing but these videos. I used to enjoy watching them but some of them write a description of the video of the person filming explaining what happened and so many times they were clearly in the wrong and trying to justify it or clearly lying about the outcome just showed me that idiots are everywhere.
This. You can only watch so many videos of someone signalling and the car with the camera accelerating to deny the lane change then expressing righteous indignation when the lane changer gets mad.

I think that's the last time I got mad at someone on the road; going from southbound Barlow onto eastbound 16th Ave is a poor interchange, and a guy in a truck accelerated up to fill the gap so I had no place to merge.
Old 04-07-2022, 11:08 AM   #31
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
This. You can only watch so many videos of someone signalling and the car with the camera accelerating to deny the lane change then expressing righteous indignation when the lane changer gets mad.

I think that's the last time I got mad at someone on the road; going from southbound Barlow onto eastbound 16th Ave is a poor interchange, and a guy in a truck accelerated up to fill the gap so I had no place to merge.
This is exactly it, 90% of those accidents could have been avoided, after watching those videos I start to question if brakes actually work. Its not their reaction time because they are on the horn instantly.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2022, 11:33 AM   #32
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebot View Post
The Tesla driver was a total #######.

Bad lane change from the Toyota (and one that I understand why he did, that Blackfoot exit is horrible for driving into Glenmore and he was letting the Jeep in easier) doesn't deserve a brake check on a highway. And you can bet the Tesla was honking as well, maybe giving the finger in the window as well prior to brake checking

The rest escalated to what it came into.

Tesla driver's ego and road rage escalated when it clashed with other stupid egos that also escalated.

A quick honk, move on and nothing would have occured. All 3 should lose their license.
Yep, totally justified to kick the #### out of his car
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cappy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2022, 11:44 AM   #33
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I see three idiots here as nobody comes out clean. Not defending the 4Runner or MB drivers but brake checking is incredibly foolish. If you decide to do it prepare to deal with consequences of a rear ender or road rage.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 01:39 PM   #34
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
Why do people do this stupid sh-t? You know he didn't say nor imply that anywhere.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 05:07 PM   #35
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
No, but if you're going to escalate a conflict like that, then prepare for a possible confrontation. You don't know what crazies you might have just angered.

There's no excuse to ever brake check someone on the highway. It puts yourself and others in unnecessary danger just to stoke an injured ego.

Last edited by The Yen Man; 04-07-2022 at 05:12 PM.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Yen Man For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2022, 05:20 PM   #36
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The guy who hosted the video on his YouTube says that CTV is picking up the story. Has anyone seen a news report on it yet?
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 05:26 PM   #37
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

The parkade I pay monthly for has been full the last couple of days, meaning I've had to park elsewhere and pay a bunch of money. No bueno. Today I got in early, so there was still some space, but I nonetheless had to abort my first effort at pulling into a stall because the guy in the next stall had parked right over the line, leaving zero space (the stalls, like all downtown lots, are pretty tightly packed). I actually rolled down my window and gave him a "nice parking job, how is anyone supposed to use this space", which is probably not my finest moment but... for ####'s sake people, have a little common decency, this is going to be a full lot and you're making it tougher for others.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 12:16 AM   #38
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
Why do people do this stupid sh-t? You know he didn't say nor imply that anywhere.
He chose to focus on the lesser of three evils here. Made excuses and then assumptions. I called it out with hyperbole/sarcasm. Sorry
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 10:53 AM   #39
Old Yeller
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
The guy who hosted the video on his YouTube says that CTV is picking up the story. Has anyone seen a news report on it yet?
I hope so, I'm only here for the schadenfreude where these guys tank their current businesses because they didn't realize Tesla's have 148 cameras on them.
Old Yeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 11:08 AM   #40
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
The parkade I pay monthly for has been full the last couple of days, meaning I've had to park elsewhere and pay a bunch of money. No bueno. Today I got in early, so there was still some space, but I nonetheless had to abort my first effort at pulling into a stall because the guy in the next stall had parked right over the line, leaving zero space (the stalls, like all downtown lots, are pretty tightly packed). I actually rolled down my window and gave him a "nice parking job, how is anyone supposed to use this space", which is probably not my finest moment but... for ####'s sake people, have a little common decency, this is going to be a full lot and you're making it tougher for others.
There's always several large pickup trucks in the James Short parkade taking up more than one space, I don't know why CPA doesn't ticket those #######s. It's lost revenue for them
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote