Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2020, 11:34 AM   #21
Duffalufagus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Rittich needs to play better down the stretch. He has let in too many weak goals lately.
Duffalufagus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Duffalufagus For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 11:37 AM   #22
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffalufagus View Post
Rittich needs to play better down the stretch. He has let in too many weak goals lately.
I guess if by "lately" you mean "his last game," because Rittich was really solid in Vancouver and SJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 11:43 AM   #23
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
Flames on the road have been okay. Out of 32 games away, they have won 17 (Win % of .531). The rest of the schedule is mostly at home, where they haven't been that great. Out of 27 games, they've only won 13 for a Win % of .481.

If they're going to make the playoffs, they have to start taking advantage of their home ice. This week their offense has turned on, and they've had a few convincing wins. Hopefully tonight is another one of those, and they start to bring the home win percentage above 50% from here on out.
4th best road record in NHL "okay"
Old 02-15-2020, 11:58 AM   #24
Flames1217
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Bennett expected to center the third line today... This should be interesting especially since he and Dube looked to have real chemistry last game they played together.

If our depth shows up in today's game we win, we are much deeper than the Hawks.

If the team thinks this is an easy game and goes and floats out there we are going to lose.

Also play Kane closely, guy is still a legit threat on every shift.
Flames1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 12:01 PM   #25
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’d kind of like it if the guy coming off a 44 save shutout got to play the next game personally.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 12:13 PM   #26
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
It probably has more to do with his history. Czarnik has been able to—for a long time now—dominate the AHL. It always seems to be a different story in the NHL, where he has been mostly ineffective.
Thing is that he was starting to look good right before he got hurt. So I'd like to see him get another shot one of these days. I know he's not the answer to all the Flames problems, but having a RW that can score a bit might come in handy. I'm guessing an injury or two and he's probably going to get the call.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 12:23 PM   #27
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
Thing is that he was starting to look good right before he got hurt. So I'd like to see him get another shot one of these days. I know he's not the answer to all the Flames problems, but having a RW that can score a bit might come in handy. I'm guessing an injury or two and he's probably going to get the call.
Im guessing he will be back after the deadline.
Old 02-15-2020, 12:36 PM   #28
thefoss1957
#1 Goaltender

Location: Chicago Native relocated to the stinking desert of Utah
Exp:

'Hawks are having a dismal road trip...losses in Winnipeg, Edmonton (without McSavior), and shut out by Vancouver.

Slumping badly, the 'Hawk PP has given up better SH chances against than they have had chances for.

Expectations in the Chicago's press and fandom is that Stan Bowman is nearing the end, and that the 'Hawks will certainly be sellers. A recent article had Gustafsson saying that it is a little distracting that the trade rumors for him are building, but, he is doing his best to carry on. (BTW, THIS 'Hawk fan can't wait to dump this defensive liability, who he likens to Phil Housley, in getting caught out of position when jumping into the offense every time.)

Colliton looks, more and more, like a stone cold failure, and again, many 'Hawk fans (me included) thought that Q shouldn't have been fired unless it was a total clean out, including Bowman.

The 'Hawk defense has league lead in high-danger chances against, and the pressure seems to finally be getting to the overachieving goaltending that we had been getting from BOTH Lehner and Crawford. With the recent sputtering offense, we are like Glass Joe from Punch Out, just a tomato can to be knocked over.

Hoping for an entertaining game, but expecting your guys to be able to take care of business at home.

Will be on the game thread...hope to have some fun, and good luck to my Flame Fan friends here...

Last edited by thefoss1957; 02-15-2020 at 06:09 PM.
thefoss1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 12:53 PM   #29
Burning Beard
First Line Centre

Exp:

Long time reader and finally got an account set up!

This is my first post so let's hope it's a good luck charm.

Wouldn't it be nice if they were saving all of the winning for this time of year and it continues on through the playoffs?
Burning Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 12:58 PM   #30
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefoss1957 View Post
'Hawks are having a dismal road trip...losses in Winnipeg, Edmonton (without McSavior), and shut out by Vancouver.

Always look forward to and appreciate your posts on game days against the Hawks!
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 01:02 PM   #31
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
It probably has more to do with his history. Czarnik has been able to—for a long time now—dominate the AHL. It always seems to be a different story in the NHL, where he has been mostly ineffective.
I thought Peters mishandled Czarnik badly, like GG with Bennett bad.

Czarnik, when he was given ice time with Tkachuk and Backlund, did a pretty good job holding his own. Before the injury Peters would just let him have some top 6 ice time, then drop him back in the bottom 6. Talk about a confidence swing.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 01:05 PM   #32
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

I think Czarnik coming up after the deadline makes a lot of sense. The Flames will have their cap situation figured out and he'll be like another rental. No roster limit makes it easier to maneuver that type of thing.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 01:06 PM   #33
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumniate View Post
Could use a little czarnik. Think he's doing ok lately?
Meh. He’s never been an impact nhler. The Flames team already has an extremely undersized, soft, finesse forward in Gaudreau. Dube, Ryan and Mangiapane aren’t exactly big, strong players either. I really don’t think adding another small, soft, AHL tweener is the answer. Czarnik has always been a good AHLer. Not sure him producing in the AHL means he’d suddenly become an impact nhler. Why does anyone believe that?

Dube and Mangiapane both outshone Czarnik and stole his spot. There’s no spot for him until injury hits. Don’t see why anyone think he’s an upgrade.
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flames Draft Watcher For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 01:09 PM   #34
AustinL_NHL
First Line Centre

Exp:

Finally just watched the Ducks/Flames game. 21 goals in 4 games on the road is not too shabby, although the Kings loss still really sucks.

Gaudreau admitting to himself how much he sucks at breakaways was hilarious but when your only move is to go five-hole, it's easy to stop. But hopefully he'll get one soon, gain confidence, and start burying because you have to be happy with the fact he's getting himself into position to get all these chances.

The nice thing is the Flames have enough talent to overcome a lot of their deficiencies, but they need to improve their play overall before the Playoffs because if not, best case scenario is 2nd round which would be a disappointment for a team with great talent in an awful division.

Hopefully I'll be able to watch the game tonight. Got our seats booked for Tampa and Florida on the 29th/1st so get'er done boys
AustinL_NHL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 01:16 PM   #35
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought Talbot might get the call seeing as he was lights out last game.

I don’t have data to back this up, but it does seem like Rittich gets up more for the home town crowd though.
Old 02-15-2020, 01:22 PM   #36
Jeff Lebowski
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

CHI have good players and will present a challenge. CGY can continue the winning formula at home that worked well recently on the road. The mindset of compete and work hard is foremost.

Defend hard by taking away time and space. Move the puck smartly with quick passing, exit clean, use the middle of the ice and make plays. Score goals and have fun!
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 01:25 PM   #37
AustinL_NHL
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I thought Talbot might get the call seeing as he was lights out last game.

I don’t have data to back this up, but it does seem like Rittich gets up more for the home town crowd though.
Rittich has actually been quite bad at home this year:

.903 SV%, 2.75 GAA, -0.30 GSAA, .857 HDSV%

He's been better on the road:

.923 SV%, 2.53 GAA, -0.17 GSAA/60, .829 HDSV%

5v5, he's actually been a below average goalie this season but is one of the best goalies at stopping High Danger shots.

Talbot has actually been the much better goalie 5v5 this season, although of course his sample size is smaller
AustinL_NHL is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AustinL_NHL For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 01:33 PM   #38
Jeff Lebowski
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Pat Steinberg @Fan960Steinberg
#Flames projected tonight vs. Chicago:

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm
Mangiapane-Backlund-Tkachuk
Lucic-Bennett-Dube
Rinaldo-Jankowski-Rieder

Hanifin-Andersson
Brodie-Stone
Kylington-Davidson

Rittich
I'm hoping Ryan is healthy but if he can't go I'm pumped to see Bennett and his linemates. Bennett has played well and I think he is due for some production/reward. Dube and him could add a nice dynamic element to that line.
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 01:37 PM   #39
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Beard View Post
Long time reader and finally got an account set up!

This is my first post so let's hope it's a good luck charm.

Wouldn't it be nice if they were saving all of the winning for this time of year and it continues on through the playoffs?

Welcome BB, nice to have another opinion!
Cheese is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 01:39 PM   #40
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Keep winning boys. No GT again and the frog and I will be tuned in! GFG!
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jobu , keanuneedspoints , snek , tuskanraiders , winwinwin