Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2018, 10:15 PM   #621
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
It's more than that. His dad is very ill and he's been battling bad depression the past few months.
and all the other years? come on now

he is a good player, not a star player
Old 05-11-2018, 09:40 AM   #622
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Casey has been fired. With how quick it happened you gotta think Stack is coming in. Casey will get a good job, no doubt. He's a quality coach, but change had to happen and gutting the roster is impossible.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:56 AM   #623
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

From winning coach of the year to being fired within a week.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 10:08 AM   #624
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ontario should give Lebron a city to try and convince him to sign up here.

A whole city!
Johnny Makarov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 10:34 AM   #625
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Casey has been fired. With how quick it happened you gotta think Stack is coming in. Casey will get a good job, no doubt. He's a quality coach, but change had to happen and gutting the roster is impossible.
Yeah, I'm not sure if it's Stack or Nurse or Kalamian, but I think it makes sense to promote one of those guys, if they're still planning on taking a couple more shots with the current core. There just aren't elite, proven coaches out there who are a clear upgrade, and bringing in another unproven coach probably means gutting the existing coaching staff and changing all the systems and everything. I think you want to keep what works, but let someone else be the game tactician and the voice the players are listening to.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:07 PM   #626
Zach
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Masai loves firing COTY's
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:20 PM   #627
calculoso
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1542991

Report: Budenholzer an early candidate to coach Raptors
calculoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:38 PM   #628
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Firing Casey to hire Budenholzer would be a shocking waste of time. He's not really even a slight upgrade, and oh yeah those Hawks teams are basically the Raps doppelganger.
Old 05-11-2018, 01:04 PM   #629
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Casey had to go. Decent regular seasons, but dismal playoff performances and a style of basketball which isn't conducive to winning.

Hopefully this is the end of the ISO ball era in Toronto.
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 01:17 PM   #630
kukkudo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

He should take partial blame but not his fault Kyle Lousy and Demar Defrozen folded against Lebronto haha
kukkudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 06:41 AM   #631
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think this was the right move. The next necessary move would be to deal Lowry. To me he's a mental headcase who just can't be consistent. He occasionally has some brilliant games, then falls apart when it matters most by forgetting the system and chucking stupid shots. If you can deal him to upgrade your up-front scoring and perhaps take a small hit by having FVV as your starter, that's another way to go. As for coaching, I'd think Stackhouse would almost certainly get the nod despite the reports. I don't think they'd want him to leave to another team.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 01:36 PM   #632
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cavs in 6
Warriors in 5
Old 05-13-2018, 02:21 PM   #633
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Houston in 7
Boston in 6

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 02:43 PM   #634
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Boston making the Cleveland defense look like a bunch of high schoolers.

Boston playing great defense but Cavs really missing a lot of makeable shots.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 09:54 PM   #635
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Durant was ridiculous tonight shooting the ball. But the biggest difference in the series is the Rockets are playing with such a small margin for error relative to the Warriors.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:19 PM   #636
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was a great basketball game and Rockets can hang with the Warriors. But unfortunately hanginh won’t win you the series.

Warriors taking away Paul’s mid range jumper for big stretches of the game is huge.
Strange Brew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:00 PM   #637
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

So are Kyrie and Hayward the fastest Ewing Theory candidates ever? It's gonna be fascinating to see why Ainge does with that team, he should be trying to get Kawhi or AD and use Hayward and Kyrie to do it. Getting a truly elite player might be what they need to beat Golden State. But I really don't know how much better Kyrie or Hayward would make them relative to right now. Maybe in end of game situations, but they play pretty well together without them.

Also, while the Celtics are unquestionably a better team and better coached, these first two games just underscore how embarrassing the Raps performance was. The Cavs are terrible outside LeBron (though Kevin Love has played much better the last two rounds).
Old 05-15-2018, 09:17 PM   #638
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So are Kyrie and Hayward the fastest Ewing Theory candidates ever? It's gonna be fascinating to see why Ainge does with that team, he should be trying to get Kawhi or AD and use Hayward and Kyrie to do it. Getting a truly elite player might be what they need to beat Golden State. But I really don't know how much better Kyrie or Hayward would make them relative to right now. Maybe in end of game situations, but they play pretty well together without them.

Also, while the Celtics are unquestionably a better team and better coached, these first two games just underscore how embarrassing the Raps performance was. The Cavs are terrible outside LeBron (though Kevin Love has played much better the last two rounds).
Amazing how the Celtics don’t leave Korver open for uncontested 3’s. Casey deserved to be fired because of that failed adjustment alone. The fact that no one said to any raptor don’t switch off Korver is insane. Raptors had a god awful game plan if any at all. It was pathetic to watch.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 12:25 PM   #639
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Kyrie over Rozier is a huge upgrade. There is no way you trade Kyrie and then overpay Rozier. Hayward is more interesting with how good Brown and Tatum have been. He is still a huge upgrade on Marcus Morris.

So the price for Khawi is something like Hayward + Brown or Kyrie + Brown or both of them with Salary coming back I think in those scenarios the team is better off keeping what they have and using their picks to ensure a deeper bench as the warriors bench gets shorter and shorter.

There is no need for the Celtics to rush.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:16 PM   #640
Zach
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Celtics too deep and talented for the Cavs. Interested to see where Lebron goes next season..
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fire them all , i'm better than ibaka , kawhi so serious? , lebronto , time to go nuclear