Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-23-2017, 01:43 PM   #1021
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
thats not a dive, Alli is a diver, but thats not a dive

when a defender sticks his leg out like that, the player is going down, in Alli's case it was because he tried to move his leg and it caused his fall. Ronaldo and Bale used to get the same thing all the time, you move out of the way of contact and it causes you to go down

He was 100% looking for the penalty, a player running towards the touchline at that part of the field always is, but its the defenders fault for sticking his leg out
he falls before any contact is made. How is that not a dive?

Quote:
If he had anyone available to replace them Jones and Lindelof would have been subbed off and probly not play the next few weeks
he has. Just put Young at RB and play Shaw at LB, plus he also has Tuanzebe. It's not rocket science.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 01:47 PM   #1022
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Let's not overlook Kane scoring three today and tying Shearer for most goals in a calendar year. He could break the record on boxing day against Southampton.

Only two strikers in Europe have scored more than him this year (they have 50 and he's on 46). Pretty impressive to say the least! 24 years old and a one season wonder just a few years back!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 01:47 PM   #1023
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kane needs 1 goal to beat Shearer's record for PL goals in a calendar year

Was also named number 5 in the Guardians top 100 Footballer list that came out last week, right behind Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, and KDB
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 01:50 PM   #1024
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
he falls before any contact is made. How is that not a dive?
because the contact is right in front of him

his choices are

A. hit the leg, potential injury and go down
B. Move your body to the side falling down, no injury

I dont see how he steps around that and stays standing
Old 12-23-2017, 02:04 PM   #1025
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
thats not a dive, Alli is a diver, but thats not a dive

when a defender sticks his leg out like that, the player is going down, in Alli's case it was because he tried to move his leg and it caused his fall. Ronaldo and Bale used to get the same thing all the time, you move out of the way of contact and it causes you to go down

He was 100% looking for the penalty, a player running towards the touchline at that part of the field always is, but its the defenders fault for sticking his leg out
Quote:
because the contact is right in front of him

his choices are

A. hit the leg, potential injury and go down
What you are saying.
  1. That's not a dive.
  2. He fell whilst looking for a penalty.
  3. Even though he fell it was a foul because he dove over potential contact in front of him.
  4. He was trying to prevent an injury
When you jump off the ground without contact it is a dive.

Mata!

Bagor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 02:38 PM   #1026
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

That is the mother of all throwing a game away.

Bagor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 02:39 PM   #1027
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

2 points down the drain in that one.
The Big Chill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 02:41 PM   #1028
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

lol. No one to blame but themselves. If you throw away three or four top chances to put the game to bed then you don't deserve any better.

Mourinho will probably blame Moss.
Old 12-23-2017, 02:55 PM   #1029
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tim Sherwood is just hilariously dumb

Giggs looks like he wants to smack him
Old 12-24-2017, 07:19 AM   #1030
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rashford, like Dele Alli, has really fallen off a cliff this year in terms of form. He was very poor yesterday, and has become really selfish, always seems to be looking to shoot rather than pass. Had a chance in injury time to play in Lukaku for a 1v1 and just sort of ####ed off into space, before Matic played Lukaku in after he was offside. Moments later the game is tied.

Also since the comparisons to the Invincibles have already started, it's amazing to think they scored 73 goals in their entire season. City have scored 60 already. Right now the real title race is between City's point total (55) and their goal differential (48).
Old 12-25-2017, 07:04 AM   #1031
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Rashford, like Dele Alli, has really fallen off a cliff this year in terms of form. He was very poor yesterday, and has become really selfish, always seems to be looking to shoot rather than pass. Had a chance in injury time to play in Lukaku for a 1v1 and just sort of ####ed off into space, before Matic played Lukaku in after he was offside. Moments later the game is tied.
I'd agree with everything apart from the bolded part because he was actually very good at the start of the season. But yeah, his form took a massive dip over the past few weeks and it is a bit concerning that he constantly makes selfish decisions at the moment.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:07 AM   #1032
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lukaku adds another assist....on a goal the other team scored. He should be banned from going into the United 12 yard box.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:53 AM   #1033
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

My goodness this last stretch of games MU look horrible / hope they can get this out of this funk before the important games begin.
St. Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 09:13 AM   #1034
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

ManU looks good now, relentless pressure and got one back

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 10:01 AM   #1035
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

If there ever was a clear case for video review in the Premier League, Bournemouth's third goal was it. An offside handball that is initially disallowed... somehow counts. Argh.
Old 12-26-2017, 10:02 AM   #1036
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
ManU looks good now, relentless pressure and got one back
Got the draw but this just isn't good enough football. They have to be playing a number of notches up from this to make a serious run in the Champions League. Hopefully they can pick up a player at the January transfer window. The one that cheapo management should have given them last summer.
St. Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 10:20 AM   #1037
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

United have no shot to win the Champions League unless they splurge a ton of cash in January, and even then they probably need a favorable draw to have a chance. Besides with Mourinho's status for next year unclear, why give him a huge budget now? If he jets off to PSG, then you're stuck with players who may not fit in. I also am starting to think he might actually get himself sacked, with their recent form top four is no longer guaranteed, and if they're in Europa League again next year I cannot see Jose surviving that with how much has been spent.
Old 12-26-2017, 11:59 AM   #1038
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

he's imploding a year early.

Quote:
After the Burnley draw, the Portuguese bemoaned City's spending power, having signed full-backs Kyle Walker and Benjamin Mendy for £102million.

"When you say a club like Manchester United, do you think Milan is not as big as us?" Mourinho asked. "You think they are not as big as we are? Do you think Real Madrid are not as big as we are? You think Inter Milan is not as big as we are? There are many big clubs and you say big clubs, I know what is a big club.

"One thing is a big club and another thing is a big football team that you know is not one of the best teams in the world, so when you speak about responsibilities to win the Premier League, Tottenham does not have that responsibility. Tottenham is not a club with the same history as us. Arsenal doesn't have the responsibility to win it, Chelsea doesn't have the responsibility to win it.

"Manchester City buy the full-backs for the price of the strikers, so when you speak about big football clubs, you are speaking about the history of the club."

Mourinho has spent £286.2million on seven players since he was appointed United manager and when that figure was mentioned, he replied: "Is not enough, is not enough. And the price for the big clubs, the price for the big clubs is different from the other clubs, so the big, historical clubs are normally punished in the market for that history.

"So the boys are doing what they can and they are doing fine, you say seven points from 16 or 15, something like you say, I say last two matches we had 15 chances to score and we concede three S[**t] goals and an amazing free-kick. So the boys do what they can, they are trying hard with the problems and injuries we have. I am not happy with the result, and against Leicester, but I am happy with my players."
excuses, excuses, excuses. Disgusting.
Old 12-26-2017, 12:23 PM   #1039
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it's priceless he would cry about City's spending after he spent, what, 840 trillion on Pogba? Get the #### out of here.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 12:27 PM   #1040
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it's priceless that a City fan would call something "priceless".
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post: