Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #1021
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Common, admit it. Deep down, you can feel those feels being tugged at...
Not really. I want Walt to bring the whole system down and become a drug king.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to polak For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2013, 05:11 PM   #1022
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 07-30-2013, 09:16 PM   #1023
Ark2
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Common, admit it. Deep down, you can feel those feels being tugged at...
The only time that I felt even remotely close to this was in episode 7 of season 5 where Walt told Jesse that he wasn't entitled to anything. However, since he made good on that in the finale by giving him two duffel bags filled with cash, I am securely on the Walt bandwagon. While I suspect that he dies in a bloody mess at the end, I would love it if he ends up coming out on top somehow and beating everyone.
Ark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ark2 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2013, 09:38 PM   #1024
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daradon View Post
No way that happens. Marie carries herself too much as a goody two shoes for that to happen. As well as constantly telling others what to do and how to act like she's some sort of center of morality. Lastly, the shoplifting seemed to have less to so with the thrill and more to do with addiction and stress.

The way everyone reacted to Walt's gambling story makes me think they'd roll over on him in a nanosecond if they knew It was something truly serious and illegal. The only reason Hank may bide his time is cause he knows he may look bad as Walt was under his nose the entire time. In fact, you can bet Heisenberg tries to use that angle to keep Hank quiet.

Not sure if Hank dies. Absolutely certain Walt does in the end.

Or maybe he stays kingpin but has nothing but money left, utterly miserable over the decisions he's made and evil he's caused.
I don't actually think that what I hope happens actually will happen.

I am expecting to be let down in the end. The way most television series/movies end, there is typically a moral lesson. I expect that Walt either gets butchered in the end after destroying everything good, or he turns "good" and is forced to martyr himself.

I personally want to see a different way to go. I want them to show that life isn't fair and sometimes the "bad" guys really do come out on top. Even in real life, some of the wealthiest and most powerful people are the decedents of criminals who got ahead by ignoring morals. It just seems like television tries to ignore that sad truth.

So yeah, Walt probably gets killed.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:19 PM   #1025
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2013, 08:44 AM   #1026
moon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I hope somehow that Skylar dies. In fact if they can go back in time and kill her at the start of the series so we can avoid her terrible acting and awful character that would be great.
moon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2013, 09:40 AM   #1027
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
I hope somehow that Skylar dies. In fact if they can go back in time and kill her at the start of the series so we can avoid her terrible acting and awful character that would be great.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:05 AM   #1028
gargamel
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator75 View Post
Honestly, I'd rather not see any previews.
I'd rather be surprised.

I'll either fast forward the first 30-60 seconds of any show that starts with a preview of tonight's episode or avoid the, stay tuned for scenes from our next episode.
Agreed, but I go even one step further. I try to avoid the "Previously on..." clips at the start of some shows because they tip me off about what story lines are going to come up in that episode. Dexter is particularly bad about showing a character from several weeks before so that you expect the twist with that character before it happens.
gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:47 PM   #1029
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
How is she an awful character?
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:04 PM   #1030
Ark2
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burninator View Post
Season 3 had me wishing the writers would just kill her off but there's no denying that Skylar is a well written character, and Anna Gunn is a fantastic actress.
Ark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:46 PM   #1031
moon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burninator View Post
I find her to be a whinny, bitch who is annoying as hell to watch. Perhaps that is what Gilligan wanted but I would like to fast forward the parts she is in as they are usually boring and add nothing to the show. The crappy acting doesn't help either.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:00 PM   #1032
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anna Gunn a terrible actress? That's a new one.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:12 PM   #1033
moon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

She is bad in this and was bad in Deadwood. I can't think of her in anything else so she might be good in other shows and I just think if her crappy acting in those two shows.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:13 PM   #1034
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I find her to be a whinny, bitch who is annoying as hell to watch. Perhaps that is what Gilligan wanted but I would like to fast forward the parts she is in as they are usually boring and add nothing to the show. The crappy acting doesn't help either.
She's a fine actress, she's just a horrible, soul draining character.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:33 PM   #1035
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

FFS already with the Skyler/Anna Gunn hate .

Tell me exactly where in the series Anna Gunn portrayed a normal housewife, in any way, that wasn't realistic?

She has pretty much acted and evolved exactly as anybody else in a similar situation would have.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:52 PM   #1036
smoothpops
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
icon57

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
I saw that last night, and was just blown away at how amazing that is. Who ever came up with that, definitely deserves a raise.
smoothpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:30 PM   #1037
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
She was absolutely paramount to the greatest scene of the entire series. I think the transformation of the relationship between her and Walt has been absolutely fascinating to watch.

That said, I root for Walt, not Skylar.

There are a lot of similarities between this series and The Shield. This relationship and that of the Mackeys is one of them.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:55 PM   #1038
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Personally I don't agree about the acting, but to each his own. She is those things through the eyes of Walter, but she is a pretty realistic character considering all the crap that Walt has put her through. I think they've done a good job with the character.
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:13 PM   #1039
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Never understood the Skyler hate. The scene at the end of season two when she confronts Walter and leaves was one of the most powerful and well acted scenes in the show IMHO.

I think male viewpoints often jump on female characters when they won't let the protagonist have their 'fun' or way. I've seen a lot of similar comments here and elsewhere when it comes to female leads. But she's a great character who has behaved very realistically.

Marie is actually the one I find kind of annoying. But I believe that's the point.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daradon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2013, 11:05 PM   #1040
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
She is bad in this and was bad in Deadwood. I can't think of her in anything else so she might be good in other shows and I just think if her crappy acting in those two shows.
Both here in Breaking Bad and as Martha Bullock in Deadwood she has portrayed her character, as written and directed, perfectly. I don't understand what portion of her performance in either role was "crappy".

I suspect most of the audience's frustration with the character and her motivations and actions are being mixed up with (or directed towards) the actress's performance...which, as condescending as it may sound, isn't a surprising response given most viewer's misunderstanding or misinterpretation (or surface/guttural interpretation/understanding) of the character's purpose/role in the show.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote