Happy Clone Wars Day!

Old 02-21-2020, 07:27 AM   #443
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codes View Post
Happy Clone Wars Day!

so excited!!! will be watching the new episode this evening!
Old 02-21-2020, 12:33 PM   #444
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

How far away is first marker on Hoth?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:15 PM   #445
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Search your feelings.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:24 PM   #446
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's not helpful. This seems like something an answer should exist for.
Old 02-21-2020, 01:43 PM   #447
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:

I tried to measure it using my Tauntaun and a GPS receiver, but my Tauntaun froze long before we got there and Hoth doesn't have a GPS Network.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:44 PM   #448
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is really the first time the internet has ever let me down. I'm despondent.
Old 02-21-2020, 01:45 PM   #449
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
This is really the first time the internet has ever let me down. I'm despondent.
Then I'll see you in hell
Old 02-21-2020, 01:49 PM   #450
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Then I'll see you in hell
Does that make sense? Do they have Star Wars hell? It was a long time ago, probably long before we made it up.
Old 02-21-2020, 03:01 PM   #451
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Does that make sense? Do they have Star Wars hell? It was a long time ago, probably long before we made it up.
Lots of hokey religions in the Star Wars universe, one of thems gotta have a hell.
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 03:11 PM   #452
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:

How many millions of different cultures and religions are there in the GFFA. I'm sure there's more then just the Force. I mean the Ewoks worshiped a droid.

The Sith don't have a version of hell, because they believe that death is the worst thing because it is a giving up of power. So death is basically a void to them.

The Jedi don't have hell because they're goody goodies.

Old 02-21-2020, 04:08 PM   #453
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Han seems to think so and that's good enough for me.
Old 02-21-2020, 08:51 PM   #454
cracher
Scoring Winger

Exp:

spoiler rules in here? Can we talk about S7E1?
cracher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 10:20 PM   #455
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought S7E1 was fine, but I'm not sure if this plot-line will affect anything in the grand scheme of things.

But it's always cool to see some character development for the clones.
1qqaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 05:21 PM   #456
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I really enjoyed the episode.

I think that the focus is around survivors guilt, something that you think should never effect Clone Soldiers, who were basically living breathing versions of the Droid army.

On top of that you have the republic experimenting on sentient beings which lead to the bad batch.

Its not hard to see how they're laying down a justification that even without the chips, eventually the Clones would have no problem with order 66.

- Not all of the Jedi were actually nice to the Clones, and treated them like living things. We've seen examples of absolutely cruel Jedi's leading clones like Krell, and Jedi that were ok with throwing away lives.

- They were bread to fight by the Jedi, not only that, but they were giving these short life spans, and for the most part denied the things that give you a life experience.

I'm sure there were more and more clones that would become Jaded about their loss of life and they only had each other. Showing Rex having survivors guilt and beyond was a really good development.

I love how the Clones are all bred from one source but they're all distinctively different and Dee Bradley Baker does an amazing job of making each one of them sound slightly different.

We know that we're rapidly heading towards the execution of Order 66. They're laying the foundation of

- Why the Clones were probably ok with killing the Jedi beyond the chip, I would expect to see a moment that causes the loss of a lot of Clone lives thanks to a Jedi
- Why the Clones became the cruel ideological driven enforcers of the Empire.
- Why Anakin fell so easily, we'll see the root of his frustration with the Jedi Order.

Overall such a great show, I was almost cheering at the thought that Echo was still alive, though I bet he's not.

Old 02-23-2020, 01:57 PM   #457
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

First episode was okay. I don’t think it will be overly memorable but it felt exactly like the old Clone Wars episodes so I’m satisfied.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 03:41 PM   #458
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Thought it was a good start. Looks like they updated the 'graphics'? Animation? A bit as well, the figures were sharper and less background noise, more overall detail.

Guess we should make a spoiler thread for the show..
Old 02-24-2020, 11:09 PM   #459
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

It turns out the "High Republic" era stories won't be the next wave of movies. Instead, it's going to be a new series of published stories starting later this year.

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-w...-high-republic

Quote:
Later this year, Lucasfilm will launch an epic new era of Star Wars storytelling that will be explored through multiple voices in adult and young adult novels, children’s books, and comics from a variety of publishers including Disney Lucasfilm Press, Del Rey, IDW Publishing, and Marvel.

Star Wars: The High Republic, which has previously been referred to as “Project Luminous”, will be set in an era when the Galactic Republic and the Jedi Order are at their zenith, about 200 years before the events of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. This period on the Star Wars timeline will not overlap any of the filmed features or series currently planned for production, giving creators and partners a vast amount of room to tell Star Wars stories with new adventures and original characters.
Old 02-24-2020, 11:49 PM   #460
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

They could do some very cool explorations.

We know that the Jedi have been basically disarmed for a 1000 years, where they went from their height as almost a independent military with ships and Jedi Warriors that would fight for the Republic. They were now more monks then an army of light. So suddenly this army of rampagers show up and you can have the Jedi completely unprepared to fight a war. Which goes to Mace's line in AOTC. We're keepers of the peace not warriors.

At the same time they believe the Sith are extinct and have been since they thought they'd defeated Darth Bane and ended the Sith. So right now in Lore there's no clear Sith Lord until the rise of Tenebrous who was Plaguies' master. But we do know that the Sith were in their exile learning and planning and at the same time starting to engineer the corruption of the Republic.

This series could literally have a arch villain that the Jedi never see and know about, but maybe we do and they're pulling strings like crazy.

We could have the jedi as complacent and arrogant having not been challenged in generations, and now you need a villain that can over come super fast light saber welding hero's that can basically see into the future. There has to be a hook that gives the Nihl the edge, and maybe that's the Sith arming them with ancient technologies and other groups that are deadly to the Jedi, and the Jedi will never ever know.