Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2020, 03:43 PM   #1
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:
Default *SPOILERS* Star Wars: Clone Wars Spoiler Thread

This thread is dedicated to the Clone Wars TV series which currently has it's seventh season airing on Disney+

I know there are at least a few of us following this series closely and as is tradition on this forum I decided we should branch off of the Star Wars thread and make our own to discuss episode details.

This is a spoiler thread, so if you care about ruining the plot points of the newest season, or any season, please leave now.
Old 02-24-2020, 03:45 PM   #2
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Personally I felt the Bad Batch was a bit gimicky, but I will wait to see what they do with it. I won't get to excited until Ahsoka gets back into the mix.

I do agree with what was said in the Star Wars thread, it definitely has the Clone Wars feel, so they are picking right up where they left off without missing a beat, which is good news for us.

12 new episodes, if they are releasing them 1 per week at least that gives us new Star Wars content into May! Makes the wait for Mandalorian seem a little shorter.
Old 02-24-2020, 03:45 PM   #3
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Going back to the previous thread, yeah there was a definately an update to the graphics quality, Trench looked completely different and Anakin much more detailed especially his hair.

For some reason it also looked like there was less lighting, maybe that goes towards the darkness that the galaxy is falling into.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 03:50 PM   #4
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I said it in the last thread, this episode was an establishing thread to a lot of things.

We saw that the republic is doing genetic engineering of the Clones, which shows that the Republic views them as droids with no real rights. Combine that with the Jedi's casual disregard to the rank and file clones, and you get the picture of a Republic that maybe isn't the good guy here.

We saw that the Clones are all too human, and this one mirrored the real life stories of PTSD and survivors guilt that soldiers suffer from. It seems almost cruel that they left this attribute in the clone army.

Even without the chips we're seeing a real justification for the Clones actually being ok with order 66.

I'm assuming that we will find Echo cruelly tortured and tied into a computer.

One rumor that I've heard is that they're really going to show Anakin getting more and more disenfranchised with the Republic and coming closer to seeing a bit of Vader in him.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2020, 02:27 PM   #5
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Episode 2 was good. Echo looks a little twisted up there with all the cords and mechanical limbs. A bit darker for Star Wars for sure.
Old 03-01-2020, 05:03 PM   #6
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Episode 2 was great, Yeah, Echo was pretty much mutilated, it shows how the galaxy views clones. The Seperatists cruely torturing them the Republic and the Jedi treating them as disposable, and not worth saving, and on top of that being able to put chips in their head to take away their will, and experimenting to create genetic freaks.

Frankly they didn't need the chips to execute order 66, they have enough reason to turn on the Jedi and everyone else.

Old 03-02-2020, 02:40 PM   #7
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I did like how they said the council was not in support of this mission, even though they have pretty good proof that one of their clones may be alive AND is leaking vital intel to the droids.

Was a good way to underline the whole 'meh clones are disposable' mindset.
Old 03-02-2020, 03:26 PM   #8
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I did like how they said the council was not in support of this mission, even though they have pretty good proof that one of their clones may be alive AND is leaking vital intel to the droids.

Before the Chip thing came out, I think it was in the Revenge of the Sith book, when they talked about how the Jedi could be taken by surprise by the Clones when Order ah 66 was enacted, was that the Jedi could feel no malice or hatred or anger from the Clones, They were bred to be extremely loyal to the republic, and to execute their orders without question, so when the time came the Jedi had no warning or emotional shift, they didn't have that sense of a clone questioning his orders.

I almost like chipless Troopers over chipped troopers. But Clone Wars had done such a great job of making the Clones human, and with friendships and loyalty to the Jedi commanders that would be impossible to break without the chips.

Outside of Anakin, Rex and Ashoka, the Jedi didn't treat the Clones as individuals, they treated them as soldiers and they threw away their lives for meaningless victories in a war that was as much their fault as the Sith's.

Old 03-02-2020, 03:28 PM   #9
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post

The Key was that Echo was giving away Clone strategies not Jedi strategies, So when they said, we don't like the mission to shut down this algorithm they were literally saying, clones are dying must be Tuesday.

Old 03-07-2020, 11:02 PM   #10
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Not a bad episode, more of an action episode then anything else

Spoiler!

Old 03-08-2020, 12:09 AM   #11
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

When the battle droids started flying, I was expecting this...

Old 03-09-2020, 04:33 PM   #12
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I thought the fight scene with no words but just one continuous shot was really well done.

Side note, Sam Witwer was on a Star Wars Legion podcast talking about this season. Apparently the last few episodes were made as a movie then broken up, so he says if you can handle it might be worth waiting to watch them all at once, last 3 I think.

Also Ray Park, who played Darth Maul in the Phantom Menace, did motion capture for the Maul fight scenes we have coming up.

Pretty neat stuff. If you want to hear the interview its the first part of this episode. I am going to spoiler it just because it does talk about some stuff I never realized from season 1 of Mandalorian, not a spoiler its out there on the internet but I never even looked at it. So if you haven't seen Mandalorian yet, or perhaps don't want some upcoming stuff to be POTENTIALLY ruined (not legit spoilers just speculation based on a name), then avoid this spoiler.

Spoiler!

He says right off the hop he's never even played a game of Legion yet so like 95% of the interview is just him talking about how much he loves Star Wars.

Last edited by GreenLantern; 03-09-2020 at 04:54 PM.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenLantern For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2020, 10:50 AM   #13
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

The end of the line begins this Friday

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2020, 01:48 PM   #14
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

"In my life, when people need you, you help them no matter what."

That's why Ahsoka is my favourite. Can't wait.
Old 03-17-2020, 04:09 PM   #15
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

There was a book that took place right after Order 66 that showed her going into hiding and eventually joining the rebellion.

I'm still of the mind set that we're going to see Order 66 and her and Rex's escape.

I have this heart sinking feeling that the last scene will be Ashoka hearing about the attack on the Jedi temple and breaking down because she believes that Anakin is dead along with her other friends.

Get ready for some heartbreak.

And yeah, that line is great, but her greatest line.

Old 03-17-2020, 09:39 PM   #16
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

i'm really enjoying season 7.

just for kicks (and hey... what else is there to do now that everything has been shut down) i've gone back to rewatch clone wars. about half way thru season 1 and still really enjoy this series. oh... and i had forgotten how 'rough' the cartooning (is that a word) was back in season 1.

***i saw this and i'm wondering capt... have you be uploading pics of your breakfasts recently??!?!

deathstar-egg by bc-chris, on Flickr
Old 03-17-2020, 11:30 PM   #17
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Its funny watching the three animated series because they each used a different animation style.

I still think from start to finish the art work and animation on Rebels was stunning. I was a little let down by the cartoony look and feel of resistance. Though the later years and this season of Clone Wars are awesome, Rebels style just immersed you in it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2020, 07:34 PM   #18
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Nice episode, looks like Ahsoka vs moral ambiguity is the plot for a while.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:28 PM   #19
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Its funny watching the three animated series because they each used a different animation style.

I still think from start to finish the art work and animation on Rebels was stunning. I was a little let down by the cartoony look and feel of resistance. Though the later years and this season of Clone Wars are awesome, Rebels style just immersed you in it.
Rebels had a bit of a slow start for me, I remember thinking the animation on the Wookies was painful.

But when Kanaan jumped up and said he was about to let everyone in on the secret and busted out his light saber I was hooked.

Ahsoka vs. Vader is still my favourite part of any Star Wars canon.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:44 PM   #20
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

You know what really hooked me on Rebels. Season 1's ending

The grand inquistor - "You have no idea what you've unleashed here today, there are some things worse then death"

That battle scene and then the season 1 ending

It was just such a jump in the series intensity.

But I look at certain of my favorite scenes. Sorry indulge me

Honest to go I thought Ezra was going to the dark side. Rex's reaction gutted me

You could see Ahsoka's heart tearing as she said "Then I will avenge his death"

I teared up with the Rex Ahsoka reunion

When his eyes cleared up and he saw Hera

This scene had so many feels Chopper trying to comfort Hera, Ezra and Zeb. Sabine wiping away her tears.

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 03-20-2020 at 08:48 PM.