Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Event Forums > COVID-19 Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2021, 04:25 PM   #10721
Lubicon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
As far as I can tell, once you got past the wildly unnecessary PC button, the rest of the site responded just fine. Picking times and getting confirmation # came up quickly. So hopefully this was a good real world test and they get it right when it's time for the rest of us to book.

Sure hope so anyways.
Wouldn't that be used to identify the closest vaccination sites? Seems kind of useful to me.
Old 02-24-2021, 04:30 PM   #10722
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Wouldn't that be used to identify the closest vaccination sites? Seems kind of useful to me.
I think you still have to put your postal code into the other part of the form, which then figures out the closest site.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to opendoor For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2021, 04:31 PM   #10723
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
especially compared to my daughter who has had 1 playdate in the last year and almost no interaction with other children.
I feel bad for younger kids and not so much for the 17-25 group who are a bit delayed in sowing their oats.
I suspect all of us will have difficulty being in others shoes. lets agree that all age groups are being impacted

personally I think its more that sowing oats that these kids are missing though. quite a bit more
The Following User Says Thank You to looooob For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2021, 04:36 PM   #10724
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

430 cases today. that test positive rate just hovering in the mid 4s while numbers seem to vary with quite wide fluctuations in test frequency. North positive rate remains pesky looking. hospitalizations down

North zone has passed EDM I think in active cases

Last edited by looooob; 02-24-2021 at 04:41 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to looooob For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2021, 04:41 PM   #10725
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I tried again on a different computer, still had to use the hack, but I got it to work. I had two tabs open, one for my mom and one for my dad. I booked them at the same time. Both for 10:00am on their chosen day, and I double checked that they were both the same time. I get the confirmation code and what do I see? My dad is 20 minutes later.... I'll see what they say. I'm not sure that will work for them due to his dementia. I really don't want to redo the booking process again.
Old 02-24-2021, 04:43 PM   #10726
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
I think you still have to put your postal code into the other part of the form, which then figures out the closest site.
Precisely. First postal code box is on it's own page and seemingly does nothing but cause problems. The "fix" you see online basically bypasses that page and brings you to the next page where you have to enter your full address anyways.
Old 02-24-2021, 05:03 PM   #10727
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

Gunna keep harping on bad design, but if postal code was such an important business requirement, their team (or is it just one IT guy in Shandro's basement? because it seems like it might be) should have suggested something like Canada Post's autocomplete.

https://www.canadapost.ca/pca/

• It's battle tested and used in the wild -- survives the holiday spike on ecommerce sites every year.
• It simplifies the entire form -- put in your address and it fills in city, postal code, etc -- and provides confirmation prior to submission.
• It provides better data accuracy by reducing typos.
• All good things for AHS, and better UX for the end user.

They also should have used a masked form field or inline autocomplete to make sure the phone numbers were entered properly (in other words, they could have shown the format and verified it while you type it in rather than letting you hit submit and throwing an error message at you).

Last edited by Flames0910; 02-24-2021 at 05:09 PM.
Old 02-24-2021, 05:27 PM   #10728
D as in David
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames0910 View Post
Gunna keep harping on bad design, but if postal code was such an important business requirement, their team (or is it just one IT guy in Shandro's basement? because it seems like it might be) should have suggested something like Canada Post's autocomplete.

https://www.canadapost.ca/pca/

It's battle tested and used in the wild -- survives the holiday spike on ecommerce sites every year.
It simplifies the entire form -- put in your address and it fills in city, postal code, etc -- and provides confirmation prior to submission.
It provides better data accuracy by reducing typos.
All good things for AHS, and better UX for the end user.

They also should have used a masked form field or inline autocomplete to make sure the phone numbers were entered properly (in other words, they could have shown the format and verified it while you type it in rather than letting you hit submit and throwing an error message at you).
Probably developed by the Federal (Liberal) government or agency. You can't expect the UCP government to piggy-back on something like that.
Old 02-24-2021, 05:40 PM   #10729
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks for posting the hacks here. I was able to book my old mans shots in Okotoks. He is booked in on March 3rd.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boblobla For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2021, 06:01 PM   #10730
chedder
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by looooob View Post
I suspect all of us will have difficulty being in others shoes. lets agree that all age groups are being impacted

personally I think its more that sowing oats that these kids are missing though. quite a bit more
Agree. And from my teenage kids perspective (16 and 14) it does suck but kids are adaptable. They see friends at school, now outside and even more recently with activities gearing up. Sure they miss partying (to an extent) and the grade 12's this year and last aren't going to have the normal grad.

I feel way more sorry for the debt ridden business owner who was forced to close and may go bankrupt, along with the plight of his or her employees.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chedder For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2021, 06:09 PM   #10731
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Some step by step instructions of the @korymath hack I've been sending to friends/family that aren't used to anything tech related, and they've been able to follow them successfully for bookings.

Step 1: Go to the following page ...

https://www.tinyurl.com/zevh9wyt

(it will redirect to alberta.ca website)

Step 2: Press SHIFT-CTL-J to open up the Developer Console view in your browser. (This step needs to be done while you're actually on the page you just opened above).

(Use Command + Option + J if you have a MacOS)

Step 3: Copy/Paste the following code into the blank white space on the right side of your screen.

Quote:
var sheet = document.createElement('style')
sheet.innerHTML = ".startHidden {display: block !important;} .preBooking {display: none !important;}";
document.body.appendChild(sheet);
Step 4: Press Enter

Step 5: Proceed with booking. It should work better now. It may still take 3 or 4 tries.

-

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
Old 02-24-2021, 07:03 PM   #10732
agulati
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

430 new cases (4.6% rate)
13 deaths
307 hospitalization (56 in ICU)
186572 doses administered (77354 fully immunized)
Old 02-24-2021, 07:06 PM   #10733
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

What age minimum are they starting vaccinations at?
Old 02-24-2021, 07:08 PM   #10734
agulati
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
Currently? If you are born in 1946 or before, you are eligible
The Following User Says Thank You to agulati For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2021, 07:11 PM   #10735
cal_guy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
Anyone born in 1946 or earlier are now eligible to register for vaccination.
Old 02-24-2021, 07:11 PM   #10736
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade View Post
Except they didn't miss them. They'll just be a year or so later. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Your romanticizing of drunken escapades is a little over the top.
That's not really the way it works. You don't get to go back and have your last year of high school or your first year of university again.
Old 02-24-2021, 07:33 PM   #10737
Jiri Hrdina

Exp:

Did they just launch a change. I'm now getting a "waiting line" page that shows me how many users are ahead of me and has a little feller walking across the screen to show progress.
Old 02-24-2021, 07:42 PM   #10738
Jiri Hrdina

Exp:

Ugh has anyone else had it crash in between booking the first appt and second one? Kicked me all the way out.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:12 PM   #10739
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Did they just launch a change. I'm now getting a "waiting line" page that shows me how many users are ahead of me and has a little feller walking across the screen to show progress.
Good to hear they are trying to improve it.

But this is one of those off-the-shelf solutions anyone with half a brain would have proposed they start with rather than holding their breath and hoping traffic didn't crash the site first thing in the morning.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:38 PM   #10740
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D as in David View Post
Probably developed by the Federal (Liberal) government or agency. You can't expect the UCP government to piggy-back on something like that.
Seriously?
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread