Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-27-2021, 04:40 PM   #801
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Pretty sure the NFL record in a quarter is eight. But yeah not sarcasm, extreme hope I guess that we get a thrilling finale to these playoffs, because to date the most thrilling sequence involved Chad Henne, so....
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2021, 02:33 PM   #802
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

That KC barber/Covid story is pretty wild. The Super Bowl game could have been in jeopardy because of that.
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2021, 06:56 PM   #803
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

That, and now they're calling for potential rain on Sunday in Tampa. Everything's coming up Brady this week
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 07:21 PM   #804
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
That, and now they're calling for potential rain on Sunday in Tampa. Everything's coming up Brady this week
Maybe Bell, if he can play, finally has a breakout game. I was really hoping Clyde and LeVeon would become a strong RB dual but that hasn't happened yet
Old 02-03-2021, 07:43 PM   #805
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

These playoffs must be awful for Steelers fans.
Bounced in the first round by the Browns and now get to watch 2 of the 3 Bs face each other in the super bowl after how the left the team.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 08:33 PM   #806
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post
These playoffs must be awful for Steelers fans.
Bounced in the first round by the Browns and now get to watch 2 of the 3 Bs face each other in the super bowl after how the left the team.
My best friend is a Steelers fan, I casually brought that up just to hear the rant haha...he was letting those expletives fly. Safe to say there's some hard feelings there with both of em
Old 02-03-2021, 09:08 PM   #807
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
My best friend is a Steelers fan, I casually brought that up just to hear the rant haha...he was letting those expletives fly. Safe to say there's some hard feelings there with both of em
I'm a Steelers fan and honestly I'm not too troubled by Bell and Brown. Brown especially was a diva and has some issues. It seems like Brady is able to keep him under control to some degree and the Steelers have done well to replace Brown. Bell hasn't done much since leaving but I feel that was a bad loss for Pit. What I'm most disappointed in and feel the greatest concern about is the QB position moving forward. I haven't seen any progression towards replacing Ben. I was hoping they would have a guy in the system that would be ready to take over but we have nothing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2021, 05:32 AM   #808
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

ya I'm not too fussed about Bell and Brown either. Bigger issue for me is that it's a SB matchup that does absolutely nothing for me. I like Arians and used to to like the Bucs, but with Brady, Brown etc. that has changed. Can't stand the Chiefs either and already tired of the Brady/Mahomes storylines. On the positive side, I don't have to stay up and mess with my sleep rhythm for this one!

as for the Steelers, I agree with calgarygeologist.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 06:54 AM   #809
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm torn in this one. As a Raiders fan I really don't want to see the Chiefs win and I despise Travis Kelce. That said there's one player I despise more and I really don't want to see AB win a Super Bowl. He's a legit terrible human being and doesn't deserve this opportunity.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 09:30 AM   #810
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
I'm a Steelers fan and honestly I'm not too troubled by Bell and Brown. Brown especially was a diva and has some issues. It seems like Brady is able to keep him under control to some degree and the Steelers have done well to replace Brown. Bell hasn't done much since leaving but I feel that was a bad loss for Pit. What I'm most disappointed in and feel the greatest concern about is the QB position moving forward. I haven't seen any progression towards replacing Ben. I was hoping they would have a guy in the system that would be ready to take over but we have nothing.
But you got the man, the myth, the legend that is Dwayne Haskins now! Yeah I hear ya there, brother. If I'm watching Taysom Hill lead my team for 16 games next season I'm gonna puke. I think Ben still has 1 season left in him, Steelers have 1 more year to figure out a contingency plan there.
Old 02-04-2021, 09:53 AM   #811
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
But you got the man, the myth, the legend that is Dwayne Haskins now! Yeah I hear ya there, brother. If I'm watching Taysom Hill lead my team for 16 games next season I'm gonna puke. I think Ben still has 1 season left in him, Steelers have 1 more year to figure out a contingency plan there.
I personally like Taysom. I'd be happy to give him a chance on the Steelers instead of Haskins.
Old 02-04-2021, 09:59 AM   #812
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

I actually liked the Haskins signing. Let him learn behind Ben for a year, there's zero risk. There's little chance he'll ever become a starter, but same goes for Rudolph. They'll probably be a ~ 9-7 team with Ben again, delaying drafting a new franchise QB by another year ...
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 10:06 AM   #813
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haskins for free is a fine pickup. He might never be good, but he's surely got a much higher ceiling than Rudolph does. Taysom is being paid elite backup QB money and he's a gadget player. Jameis is probably one of the bigger dominoes to the rest of the QB market, if the Saints can bring him back then fine, if not then you would think they'll be looking for another QB to keep them competitive.
Old 02-04-2021, 11:59 AM   #814
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh I love Taysom too - the Saints were clearly missing him in the divisional game - just not as the full-time QB! If Saints miss on Jameis too, we're dragging Brees and his broken down body out of retirement lol.

Payton actually hinted in an interview yesterday there's an announcement coming in the next week or two, which I'm sure is about Brees. He probably doesn't want to retire officially until after the Super Bowl. Payton also made some interesting comments about Jameis, with Payton wanting a deal "sooner rather than later", it certainly sounded like he expects Jameis to be back based on certain conversations he's had with him. Of course all that can change if a QB-desperate team with way too much cap room (like the Colts) back up the truck for him. March is going to be crazy..

And yeah fair enough about Haskins, true its pretty low risk. My buddy just sounded concerned about it, I assumed that was the general feeling with Steelers fans.

Tags
nfc stinks , scorigamiszn