Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2018, 01:10 PM   #1
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:
Default HQ Trivia App

Just wondering if anyone else has downloaded the HQ App. It's great for trivia buffs as you have the chance to win $25,000.

You have to correctly answer 12 multiple choice questions, with 10 seconds to answer per question. If you get all 12 correct you win $2,500 divided by however many people also went 12 for 12.

They do two rounds a day, one at 3pm Eastern (so 1pm Mountain?) and again at 9pm Eastern (so 7 Mountain?).

It's HQ Trivia through the Apple iStore or Google Play store.

Use the referral code jonpatterson

I tend to get about half way before I over think an answer and knock myself out.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:52 PM   #2
cKy
First Line Centre

Exp:

I play it, it's really fun and shows how stupid I really am. Recommend it.

cKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 02:40 PM   #3
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I played it for a bit but found it gets a little irritating. There's so much pre-amble from the irritating host, explains the rules every time and makes a ton of dumb jokes. And you're not likely to ever win anything, and even if you did it's often like $5 because it's split so many ways. And then you can't even cash that in since you need at least $25 won total before you can.

It's a cool idea, and it's pretty sweet that one guy won $25K the other day (but again, that's one person out of millions that have played it), I just found it got tiresome.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2018, 02:50 PM   #4
wireframe
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
I played it for a bit but found it gets a little irritating. There's so much pre-amble from the irritating host, explains the rules every time and makes a ton of dumb jokes. And you're not likely to ever win anything, and even if you did it's often like $5 because it's split so many ways. And then you can't even cash that in since you need at least $25 won total before you can.

It's a cool idea, and it's pretty sweet that one guy won $25K the other day (but again, that's one person out of millions that have played it), I just found it got tiresome.
This was exactly my experience. I found the video annoying and, eventually, I couldn't be bothered to join at quiz time because of it.
wireframe is offline   Reply With Quote