Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-14-2021, 07:21 AM   #581
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
And this is why nobody in Afghanistan wanted to put their lives on the line to defend the western backed government.

Now that there's no US backed government or US forces in Afghanistan to cover up the travesty that these drone strikes are, stories like this can get proper coverage in the western media, but this is the face the US military has in the Islamic world.

Even if that one person was linked to some radical islamist organization, there's no justifying pre-emptively killing multiple civilians to get this one guy.

I'm guessing this is the same strike.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...e-strike-kabul

The US military murdered 10 people in total with that drone strike, 7 children, five of them age 5 or younger, based very likely on extremely shoddy intelligence, since that has been a bit of a theme with these airstrikes all through their history, even when they were working with special forces who supposedly provided eyes on the ground.

In 2020 they killed 60 civilians in one airstrike to get one guy. The dead included two US soldiers.

This is the stuff we have not talked about enough.

This is just the drone strikes, which is just a part of the reality of what the "war on terror" in Afghanistan has been like for 20 years.

I'm sure the girls who died in this drone strike are happy about the way we here in the west are fighting for their rights. Some freedom they got.

Even if the guy they had been targeting was some Islamist radical, there is no way that can be an excuse to murder children in a pre-emptive strike to get one radical in a country full of radicals.

There's some powerful quotes in that article.
And people wonder how and why people become radicalized against the US.

What an abomination of a decision.

Top to bottom the US military and Biden need to be accountable for this utter lack of humanity.

Gross.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 01:27 PM   #582
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post

Top to bottom the US military and Biden need to be accountable for this utter lack of humanity.

Gross.
In Biden's (only) defense, this "let's assassinate presumed terrorists with missile attacks in areas crowded with civilians" mostly started with Bush, and kept going under Obama and Trump.

Biden probably had very little directly to do with the mission, even if he signed off on it.

But yeah, the drone war is a huge reason why so many fear and hate the US.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 10:26 AM   #583
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...+Article+Links

Quote:
Two hundred Afghan interpreters who worked with the Canadian Forces are expected to gather at Parliament Hill for a hunger strike on Wednesday to press Ottawa into getting their families out of Afghanistan.
Protest organizer Hayat Khan said that roughly 5,000 extended family members of interpreters remain stuck in the country as the new Taliban government takes control of a country mired in economic crisis and pending food shortages.
Many family members, he said, have been in hiding since the Taliban seized power last month. To highlight their dilemma, protesters have scheduled the hunger strike to last three days and they will camp out on Parliament Hill if permitted.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2021, 12:34 PM   #584
Icantwhisper
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post

Gross.
I'm confused why this isn't classified as terrorism? Is it because the west is doing it?
Old 09-17-2021, 10:46 AM   #585
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Homer View Post
Just came here to post that video. Disgusting. The crimes the USA commits and nobody ever bats an eye or calls them out on is the main reason why so many organizations like ISIS have no problem growing and recruiting. Its a never ending cycle.
Anecdotal...

But there was one time I had the absolute nicest lady cutting my hair of who immigrated from Iraq. We had such a pleasant conversation, you wouldn't think she had the capacity to hate. Then somehow the topic of the USA came up and it awoke in her a fire of anger that shocked me. Her sentiment was what you stated above: the USA meddles in everyone's business, commits atrocities and crimes against humanity, and no one does anything about it.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 01:44 PM   #586
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icantwhisper View Post
I'm confused why this isn't classified as terrorism? Is it because the west is doing it?
It's because They Hate Our Freedom. Oh no, sorry, let me check the update...

Now it's The Fight For Womens Rights.

Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Itse For This Useful Post: