Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-06-2020, 12:43 PM   #121
bdubbs
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post

In Canon her species the Togruta live an average of 82 years. So she could be either really old or dead.
Togruta who are not force attuned live to about 82 standard years. Force attuned Togruta can live upwards of 200 years.
bdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 02:02 PM   #122
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I'm pretty pumped to see what she looks like in live action. I think they absolutely nailed the look of a Mandalorian in the series.. so I have faith. Facial features look bang on so far:

Spoiler!
Old 05-06-2020, 02:40 PM   #123
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'm going to miss Ashley Eckstein's performance as Ashoka, even in her interviews its clear how much she loved the character and how much it changed her life.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 07:18 PM   #124
ripTDR
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

WOW Omg, just binged watched the final season. What a way to end an animated series. Just as much severity and gravity that any live action series can offer. The depth of which you feel attached to Ashoka and her decisions is amazing. Never once did I say to my inner self "oh that's bullcrap and would never happen" or "She's only doing this because her character demands it even though the plot is counter intuitive to it"

Hopefully, there's more Star Wars content similar to this to come....Whew!!
ripTDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 09:34 PM   #125
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah Rosario Dawson is spot on casting. She'll be great. I hope she appears in the Obi-Wan series as well.
Old 05-06-2020, 11:30 PM   #126
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Yeah Rosario Dawson is spot on casting. She'll be great. I hope she appears in the Obi-Wan series as well.

I thought about that for a bit the other day, but the timing doesn't work with the end of Rebels which takes place at the end of Return of the Jedi and we see Ahsoka turning up to take Sabine on the search for Ezra.

I don't really know if I want to have another Jedi poking up during the dark times. I like the idea that there really are no Jedi around until Ben pops up.

I want Order 66 for the most part to have worked as intended and the surviving Jedi which number in the few hiding out as instructed by Obi-Wan.

Old 05-10-2020, 12:10 PM   #127
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Man watched the latest season over the last 6 days and loved it. But there are some great standouts all from the final 4 episodes, Ahsoka vs Maul beautiful, Maul's rampage on the cruiser terrifying.

Also so cool to see Maul's saga in full now really.

Last edited by Duruss; 05-10-2020 at 12:14 PM.
Duruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 12:40 PM   #128
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not going to lie, I would have loved to see a Maul/Ashoka mission to assassinate the Emperor that was maybe interrupted by Vader or something.

Obviously that would have made no sense in the context of the films, but if it could be done all again... that wouldve been awesome.
Old 05-10-2020, 04:10 PM   #129
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Not going to lie, I would have loved to see a Maul/Ashoka mission to assassinate the Emperor that was maybe interrupted by Vader or something.

Obviously that would have made no sense in the context of the films, but if it could be done all again... that wouldve been awesome.

Except that the Emperor wouldn't need Vader to jump in and save him. He'd basically tell Vader to go for Coffee. The Emperor beat the two most powerful Jedi out there in Mace who's remains could be put in a coffee can, and Yoda, who he basically beat down.

In Clone Wars he toyed with Maul and his brother.

Outside of Anakin pre Vader, there was no more powerful force user out there.

The description of him in the book revenge of the sith was actually terrifying. He was an event horizon in the force and the personification of the darkside so dark that he drew in and destroyed the light around him.

One of the better EU books out there was the Rise of Darth Vader which sadly isn't canon anymore. But towards the end of the book the last servicing Jedi from the book kind of realized that a direct confrontation with Vader or the Emperor was akin to suicide and they put down their light sabers and joined the Empire for the most part in the hopes of helping it rot from the inside.

Old 05-10-2020, 04:39 PM   #130
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Rumor out today that not only will Ashoka join the cast of the Manalorian for one episode but they will also have a live Sabine Wren played by Sasha Banks.

This will be a single episode appearance and may be linked up to the Dark Saber appearance.

This could be a kick off to a live action sequel to Rebels and the search for Ezra.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2020, 07:55 PM   #131
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Ya it is feeling that way. Damnit I am both happy and mad. I had a very intense argument with a friend about how Sabine will not be showing up in Mandalorian and they aren't just going to cater to fans. They've done a great job of establishing that people will watch just a random Mandalorian and they don't need to shoe horn Boba Fett in or other famous Mandalorians to make the series work.

Then they announce Fett, and now this... lol. I guess I could not have been more wrong!