Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2020, 06:00 PM   #41
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

That was great.
Old 04-17-2020, 07:24 PM   #42
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

You could almost feel that she didn't really want to reconnect with Anakin, she was like its a long story and we don't have time, and then she finally broke down.

Its tough that we saw the last time that they were together and the next time she see's him he'll be Vader.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2020, 11:41 PM   #43
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

That was awesome. That was top quality stuff, the animation, dialogue, the fighting scenes. Everything was so good. I loved the use of old and new music woven together. Can’t wait to see what they do for the rest.
Old 04-18-2020, 01:16 AM   #44
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Its almost cruel you know, after watching that episode, that we know that Order 66 is going to happen, we know that the Clones are going to turn on her and Rex, we just don't know yet in terms of this show how they survive.

So every minute of the next few episodes when we see Ahsoka around clones we'll be waiting in dread for that comlink signal.

I've often wondered, Maul clearly hates his former Master, I mean Palpatine raised him with cruelty, pretty much sent him into a buzz saw against a Jedi Master and Apprentice. Replaced him, forgot about him, and then when Maul became a threat, Palpatine beat the crap out of him and murdered his brother. Then took him and probably tortured the crap out of Maul before he could escape.

It makes you wonder, why Maul didn't reach out to the Jedi order and say, hey BTW the Sith Lord that your chasing, the one that is angling to wipe you all out, yeah its the Supreme Chanceller.

I mean lets say that he did that and the Jedi killed off Palpatine, Maul becomes the new Dark Lord of the Sith, free to find an apprentice of his own.

Did he not out Palpatine to protect the Sith, or were there other reasons. I mean guile and betrayal are all hallmarks of the dark side.

Old 04-18-2020, 10:10 AM   #45
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

From Rebel's when she talked to Ezra about Anakin

Most bad ass moment of the series?

I say yes

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2020, 12:42 PM   #46
Codes
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Finally....this was what I've been waiting for. Holy, was the animation brilliant, and the music! Can't wait for next week.
Old 04-18-2020, 02:57 PM   #47
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I wasn't expecting that opening either, and I thought "Are we getting a crawl?!?!?" understandably not.. but still so cool.
Old 04-18-2020, 03:52 PM   #48
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Everyone was expecting a crawl. Also did you notice when they were flashing on the Jedi they were showing them where they were killed during Order 66, almost like you could hear Palpatine in the background saying, all the pieces are in place for this.

Old 04-18-2020, 09:44 PM   #49
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Loved it. Probably the best episode of this whole animated canon that I've seen. This is basically what Episode III should have been.
Old 04-18-2020, 11:13 PM   #50
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So there are some interesting new things. After Episode 9 went up, One of the head animaters tweeted out thanking the fans and stated if you keep showing the love we'll make more.

There are rumors that There will be additional Clone Wars storyline episodes to clean up some of the incomplete ones. The heavy focus being around what happened to Maul after Palpatine beat him down and said he had another purpose for him. This was covered in the awesome comic the Son's of Dathomir. There is also other character arcs to clean up including Ventress, which was covered in the book Diciple, and Bobba Fett who last we saw was headed for a Republic Prison.

Also there is a strong rumor that beyond the High Republic, that there might be a series done in the same animation style as Clone Wars covering the years right after Return of the Jedi dealing with the fall of the Empire and the Rise of the First Order, it will probably be called errr Sorry about Resistance.

With the Disney Channel needing content these rumors make sense as Disney/Lucas Animation is the golden Boy right now.

Old 04-19-2020, 10:45 AM   #51
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here's a question, what is Ashoka's head thing? Is it hair? Is it flesh? Some sort of headdress? There's a different thing separating it and her face in the Clone Wars vs Rebels clip above. Is it just a different headband or something? I feel like if it was hair, they would animate it that way.

Always wondered.
Old 04-19-2020, 11:05 AM   #52
photon

Exp:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Togruta

"They were characterized by their colorful skin tones, large montrals and head tails"

The horns type thing are montrals and are bone, and the head tails are fleshy. I think the thing at the bottom of it is just a headband. Or artistic license.
Old 04-19-2020, 11:41 PM   #53
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, the most recent episode was a must-watch if you like Star Wars.

I can't wait to see how Order 66 is covered.
1qqaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 11:53 PM   #54
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
So there are some interesting new things. After Episode 9 went up, One of the head animaters tweeted out thanking the fans and stated if you keep showing the love we'll make more.

There are rumors that There will be additional Clone Wars storyline episodes to clean up some of the incomplete ones. The heavy focus being around what happened to Maul after Palpatine beat him down and said he had another purpose for him. This was covered in the awesome comic the Son's of Dathomir. There is also other character arcs to clean up including Ventress, which was covered in the book Diciple, and Bobba Fett who last we saw was headed for a Republic Prison.

Also there is a strong rumor that beyond the High Republic, that there might be a series done in the same animation style as Clone Wars covering the years right after Return of the Jedi dealing with the fall of the Empire and the Rise of the First Order, it will probably be called errr Sorry about Resistance.

With the Disney Channel needing content these rumors make sense as Disney/Lucas Animation is the golden Boy right now.
A clone wars style series based around Luke growing the jedi order? The quests he would do... I'd be down with that. Luke needs more context between ROTJ and TLJ.
dammage79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 01:01 AM   #55
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
A clone wars style series based around Luke growing the jedi order? The quests he would do... I'd be down with that. Luke needs more context between ROTJ and TLJ.

My worry is that the Rise of Skywalker basically ripped off the whole Dark Empire comic, and they'll be too tempted to do the whole Luke joins the Empire thing and the Empire creates more and more ludicrous superweapons.

Reading the new EU books of what happened are interesting because for the most part Luke doesn't have a big involvement in the Aftermath series or some of the other ones.

The ideas that need to be built on, for me

That the Republic after winning the war throws away the peace.
That the Empire basically disintegrates and we see what we saw at the end of Aftermath which is the most hardcore best officers left in the Empire plus the abducted children flee to unknown space to found the First Order

(BTW they did explain that they're called the first order because Grand Admiral Sloane on arriving made the first order that this time they'll build the Empire the right way.)
That the First Order raised funds by subverting the Underworld
The Republic fails to see the threat of the first order and decide to become a pacifist government and fail to stop the First Order in its tracks, meanwhile Leia gets discredited 10 ways from sunset and leaves the Republic to create the Resistance which is secretly supported by members of the Republic.

The biggest issue though is that the First Order really doesn't begin to really rise for about 20 years after the Fall of the Old Empire, so I would assume that any series right after would be based around the Imperial Civil War and the Republic fighting on multiple Fronts while Luke tries to build a Jedi Order.

Old 04-21-2020, 06:45 PM   #56
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1252754550718685184

Old 04-21-2020, 07:00 PM   #57
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I have a weird theory about the last three episodes

Spoiler!

Old 04-24-2020, 12:51 PM   #58
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Jesus Christ, that was one of the best episodes of Clone Wars ever made, not only that but it rivals some of the best moments in the Star Wars galaxy far far away.

From amazing animation, to amazing fight scenes, to unbelievable music and sounds, this episode sucks you in, punches you in the gut, gives you a wedgie and sends you into impatiently waiting for next week.

Now before I go into spoilers, I will also state that this episode, summed up everything in the prequels and gave us all a strong understanding of exactly why the republic and the jedi fell, and it's become clear that it was all at the feet of the Jedi.

I will also state that previously my favorite light sabre fight scene was Skywalker and Vader in ROTH with the duel of the fates sound track. That's been replaced by Ahsoka versus Maul in this episode. It showed two powerful force users at their height fighting a beautiful fast duel.

Anyways onto the spoilers

Spoiler!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2020, 02:29 PM   #59
photon

Exp:

Another outstanding episode. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the best of Star Wars is in the animated series, the writing is so far above so many of the movies.

The fight scenes were so well done I'm pretty sure they were motion captured rather than hand animated.

Actually just checked the credits, and looks like it. Ray Park is back as Maul and stunt actress Lauren Mary Kim provides Ahsoka's moves. Awesome they did that.
Old 04-24-2020, 03:33 PM   #60
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Another outstanding episode. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the best of Star Wars is in the animated series, the writing is so far above so many of the movies.

The fight scenes were so well done I'm pretty sure they were motion captured rather than hand animated.

Actually just checked the credits, and looks like it. Ray Park is back as Maul and stunt actress Lauren Mary Kim provides Ahsoka's moves. Awesome they did that.
They were. Sam Witwer (voice of Maul) confirmed in an interview with The Fifth Trooper (Star Wars Legion gaming podcast I listen to) that Ray Park (the original Darth Maul actor) was brought in to motion capture the fight scenes.

It's a good interview, has almost nothing to do with the board game as Witwer paints the minis but hasn't actually played it yet. Witwer just drools over Star Wars for a hour and talks about how he thinks these last four episodes of Clone Wars are among the best Star Wars ever made. So far, he isn't wrong.

Podcast Link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj3USpR8hnY

I think the reason these episodes are so good is because everyone involved just genuinely loves Star Wars and you can feel it. Filoni, the voice actors, even Lucas was consulted on these episodes. It really is a great send off so far with little nuggets from each episode tying into Revenge of the Sith (Obi-Wan is now being sent after Grievous, Anakin's special assignment by the counsel) Very interested to see how this all finishes.

Last edited by GreenLantern; 04-24-2020 at 03:57 PM.
GreenLantern is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenLantern For This Useful Post: